What happens when democrats take back power?

Because they will eventually. The house, the senate, and/or the oval office. They will regain control, especially given how unpopular this administration and the republican party currently are.

We'll have to go through ALL this bullshit again. They'll just rip down everything Trump and the republicans are doing right now, since it's all being pushed through reconciliation. So everything going on right now is basically a waste of time, effort, and taxpayer dollars.

Does no one else take issue with that? Am I the crazy one?

I took issue with it way back in 2009-11.

Well, we're talking about the lives of millions of people here. Not some stupid game. There's more than just money at stake, too ...

Baseball affects the lives of millions too. And of course there's more than money ... there's also merchandising ...

what-its-like-to-sell-political-merchandise-for-a-living-body-image-1479169171.jpg

I fucking knew this was coming. I even tried to avoid it by throwing the point about $$ in there.

Another way to look at it is that the handing power back and forth between parties every few years acts as a crude sort of control system. The other party takes power, and takes down or modifies the most extreme laws the previous party implemented.
It isn't efficient but somehow it seems to keep America more or less chugging along in the middle of the channel and not going into the rocks.

Is this an "if it isn't completely busted, don't fix it" argument? Because I think we can do better than that.
It is a pragmatic view of what we have and why it sort of works. I agree we could do better but that would require the dismantling of the 2 party system and we both know that ain't gonna happen.

Because they will eventually. The house, the senate, and/or the oval office. They will regain control, especially given how unpopular this administration and the republican party currently are.

We'll have to go through ALL this bullshit again. They'll just rip down everything Trump and the republicans are doing right now, since it's all being pushed through reconciliation. So everything going on right now is basically a waste of time, effort, and taxpayer dollars.

That's exactly what will happen. The Republicans have knocked down the 4th wall for good in Washington. With the way they've treated President Obama while in office and after he's been out the Democrats, once they regain power, will disassemble every single thing Republicans have ever done. There won't be any sacred cows now, Republicans will lose everything.

The moment Democrats gain control single payer will be passed and signed within a week. Taxes on corporations will be raised back to sane levels, while taxes on the poor and middle class will be drastically cut. You think you've seen investigations up until now? They will be nonstop and many.

Cons live in this weird alternative world where they are forever in power. November 2018 they lose control of Congress. That means no wall and nothing else that Lying Trump wants to pass.

1295180.png

A government that keeps flip flopping/shuffling the deck every 2, 4, 8 years

Only the parties change ... the game never changes. If the Yankees always won ... the game wouldn't be fun to watch.
Unless you're a Yankees fan.

Even if you're a Yankees fan, if there was no chance of them ever losing to the Cubs, you'd quickly lose interest in the game. Political drama is what keeps us interested in what is essentially just this ...

latest

Another way to look at it is that the handing power back and forth between parties every few years acts as a crude sort of control system. The other party takes power, and takes down or modifies the most extreme laws the previous party implemented.
It isn't efficient but somehow it seems to keep America more or less chugging along in the middle of the channel and not going into the rocks.

Is this an "if it isn't completely busted, don't fix it" argument? Because I think we can do better than that.
It is a pragmatic view of what we have and why it sort of works. I agree we could do better but that would require the dismantling of the 2 party system and we both know that ain't gonna happen.

Sadly.

That's exactly what will happen. The Republicans have knocked down the 4th wall for good in Washington. With the way they've treated President Obama while in office and after he's been out the Democrats, once they regain power, will disassemble every single thing Republicans have ever done. There won't be any sacred cows now, Republicans will lose everything.

The moment Democrats gain control single payer will be passed and signed within a week. Taxes on corporations will be raised back to sane levels, while taxes on the poor and middle class will be drastically cut. You think you've seen investigations up until now? They will be nonstop and many.

Cons live in this weird alternative world where they are forever in power. November 2018 they lose control of Congress. That means no wall and nothing else that Lying Trump wants to pass.
If Trump wins in 2020 we get at least 2 more scotus picks setting control for 50 years!

If Trump wins in 2020 we get at least 2 more scotus picks setting control for 50 years!

I didn't realize the supreme court ran the United States of America.

I didn't realize the supreme court ran the United States of America.
When you have a slanted court they do. No matter the party.

No wall = Civil War

You think you inbred fucks can riot and assault Trump supporters just because you lost the 2016 election and then somehow Republicans are supposed to respect the election results if you win a year later?

Fuck you pieces of shit. It is our turn to shoot at your Congress members, bloody your punk asses up in the street and infiltrate the FBI to destroy your party leaders.

You demons will be exorcised once and for all.

If Democrats will stop being liars and following the communist manifesto, they can have power again. Failing that, the democrats will wither into obscurity and the republicans will likely split into two new parties.

I wouldn't worry overmuch. It will take years to undo the damage that Trump and his cult are doing to America. What they should do is gerrymander the fuck out of congressional districts so that they stay in power, you know, the way the Repugs did. Then they should pass single payer healthcare, return tax levels to a sane level, try to repair relations with our allies, and bow out of endless wars. Institute proportional representation so that the people in one state get the same representation per capita as other states. Fill all the federal court openings. Man all the departmental openings the repugs have left adrift. Make retirement mandatory throughout government and the court system at 80.

"
What happens when democrats take back power?"

1) The Hague for Putler
2) end of Muscovy ( self-proclaimed Russia )
3) USA is the world leader again

"

1) The Hague for Putler
You do realize that every policy that Democrats want is extremely bad for the country, right?

If you combine them all together you get the end of America, nothing more.

"

1) The Hague for Putler
You do realize that every policy that Democrats want is extremely bad for the country, right?

If you combine them all together you get the end of America, nothing more.

do you realize that anyone ´d better than Trump?

Forum List

Back