What happens when you have a lower corporate tax rate?

lower taxes = higher profits for companies

increasing the work force eat those profits
Depends on the type of company. Manufacturing vs financial for instance

production companies wont hire more labor unless theres a significant increase in demand for the product, lower their taxes and they enjoy the profit
And that's bad why?
Are you one of these people that think corporate profits are stuffed in a mattress rather than reinvested in other areas?

will lowering GM's corporate tax rate make you rush out and buy a Corvette?

big shots get bonuses when profits rise

new employees get hired when production rises
The point is about business retention. Ford is planning to move some of its production to Mexico. Not to build cars for Mexico but to escape our high tax rate and ship cars back into the US. That decision is a direct result of our high tax rate. We are not competitive on a national stage.

It's no different than your own savings. You keep money in a non interest bearing account or do you move it where it's most productive?

And you'd have us believe the 26 bucks a day autoworker wage in Mexico has nothing to do with it?

I guess you didn't read what you posted:

For one, tax inversions artificially inflate the size of Ireland’s economy. When the headquarters of a group of companies becomes resident in Ireland, all of its global profits may be counted as part of the nation’s gross national income, according to the ministry.

Since 2008, that gauge has been boosted by about 7 billion euros thanks to corporate relocations, without accompanying substance or employment, the ministry has said. This in turn drives up the country’s contribution to the European Union budget, which is based on the size of the economy.

So really, the numbers look amazing, but no actual jobs are being created.
They never addressed Ireland's unemployment numbers but you're free to make up any stats you like I suppose, it's what liberals do

Dragonlady quoted the article in your OP and you say she's making up stats?
Yes, there are no stats in the op. Duh

Ireland's unemployment is lower than the EU average and less than half of the 15% number high from the crash.

And what stats did Dragonlady make up?

The quote from the article says that the economy has been boosted by 7 billion euros without accompanying employment. :dunno:
I didn't say she made up stats. I said the article didn't address employment numbers but she was free to make up her own.

Are you daft? Or just playing games?

And I'll say it again. Do you believe that money gets stuffed in a mattress or reinvested?

They never addressed Ireland's unemployment numbers but you're free to make up any stats you like I suppose, it's what liberals do

Ireland's unemployment is lower than the EU average and less than half of the 15% number high from the crash.

The quote from the article says that the economy has been boosted by 7 billion euros without accompanying employment. :dunno:
I didn't say she made up stats. I said the article didn't address employment numbers but she was free to make up her own.

And I'll say it again. Do you believe that money gets stuffed in a mattress or reinvested?

Ah, there's the confusion. I thought you were complaining about something Dragonlady did, rather than complaining about something you assumed she would do.

Ah, there's the confusion. I thought you were complaining about something Dragonlady did, rather than complaining about something you assumed she would do.
There really is no confusion. I started a thread about how to either retain or expand a business base and the first liberal to post changed the subject.

No surprise I suppose

Great news for Ireland and we should take note, as well as observing how Brexit affects the situation.

I kind of thought that business shouldn't pay taxes at all considering that most of those taxes are passed onto to the consumer.

Right. The old trickle down theory again. We all know how well that worked.

I always thought corporate tax was ill-considered since the whole purpose of a corporation is to generate income and jobs and the tax does get passed along to the consumer. The reason why we haven't moved to that model and why some people complain about it is that the income lost must then come from capital gains. So this is merely a fight among those who will have to pay.

It amazes me that our right wingers can't figure out that increased demand for a goods or services is why companies hire more.
The idea is like voodoo economics to them.
It's always lower the taxes. Bullshit.

will lowering GM's corporate tax rate make you rush out and buy a Corvette?

You know what else happens? Some of that money goes into R&D which puts money into the economy. Those profits also get redistributed to shareholders. Those shareholders go out and spend more money improving the economy, helping all kinds of businesses. Many of those shareholders are also people invested in 401k plans for their retirements and college savings plans for their children, but I suspect you're too consumed by envy, jealousy, and your own greed to understand how the real world actually works. It's easier to just go around caterwauling about the rich because they have more than you do, which at the end of the day is your own fault.

There really is no confusion. I started a thread about how to either retain or expand a business base and the first liberal to post changed the subject.

No surprise I suppose

You posted that Ireland lowered corporate tax rates and had amazing growth in businesses moving to Ireland. I didn't change the subject, I simply posted a quote from the article that said the growth in GDP was misleading because it didn't mean that there were jobs created or investments made in the country, just that a large multi-national corporations entire global profits were added to the Irish economy.

This has nothing to do with attracting or retaining a business base at all. Because the business base is somewhere else. The place where the business operates is in another tax jurisdiction, where they use the roads, the infrastructure, and sewage plants, and the education and skills of the workers, without having contributed their share of the costs of maintaining the roads, the infrastructure, or the skills of the workers, because they pay tax in Ireland. Such scofflaws are called "tax cheats" where I come from, because they're making money using the infrastructure and refusing to pay for it. It works for Ireland, because they get 12.5% of those profits, without having to provide infrastructure, and their numbers look fabulous to fools like you who doesn't recognize that when American companies off-shore their head offices, it's people like you who get screwed, again.

It amazes me that our right wingers can't figure out that increased demand for a goods or services is why companies hire more.
The idea is like voodoo economics to them.
It's always lower the taxes. Bullshit.

It amazes me that our jealous Marxists can't figure out that research and development and creating new and improved products help increase demand for goods and services at a cheaper cost and retail price which helps companies hire more.

You know what else happens? Some of that money goes into R&D which puts money into the economy. Those profits also get redistributed to shareholders. Those shareholders go out and spend more money improving the economy, helping all kinds of businesses. Many of those shareholders are also people invested in 401k plans for their retirements and college savings plans for their children, but I suspect you're too consumed by envy, jealousy, and your own greed to understand how the real world actually works. It's easier to just go around caterwauling about the rich because they have more than you do, which at the end of the day is your own fault.

Did you not read the Article linked in the OP?

Ireland is not getting any R&D, investment or jobs from this transfer of global head offices. What they're getting 12.5% of global profits in their tax coffers. Nothing more. The numbers look good on paper but in terms of the actual economy of the country, they're meaningless. Much like Obama's recovery is meaningless to certain segments of the American economy. Rust belt workers being prime among them.

Ireland is not getting any R&D, investment or jobs from this transfer of global head offices. What they're getting 12.5% of global profits in their tax coffers. Nothing more. The numbers look good on paper but in terms of the actual economy of the country, they're meaningless. Much like Obama's recovery is meaningless to certain segments of the American economy. Rust belt workers being prime among them.

Did you not read the Article? Their underlying economy grew at 5.5% we'd kill for that number here in the US. High taxes suck the life out of an economy allowing deadbeat mooching scum to sit around on their fat lard asses sucking up welfare.

Did you not read the Article? Their underlying economy grew at 5.5% we'd kill for that number here in the US. High taxes suck the life out of an economy allowing deadbeat mooching scum to sit around on their fat lard asses sucking up welfare.
She's a liberal. She thinks everything just magically appears instantly out of thin air. She has no time to sit around waiting to see the results metastasize.

Pure stupidity when you think about how narrow sighted their vision is.

lower taxes = higher profits for companies

increasing the work force eat those profits
Huh? What kinda liberal fucktard bullshit tripe is that?

Lower corporate taxes = higher profits = growth and expansion = higher profits.....

For one, tax inversions artificially inflate the size of Ireland’s economy. When the headquarters of a group of companies becomes resident in Ireland, all of its global profits may be counted as part of the nation’s gross national income, according to the ministry.

Since 2008, that gauge has been boosted by about 7 billion euros thanks to corporate relocations, without accompanying substance or employment, the ministry has said. This in turn drives up the country’s contribution to the European Union budget, which is based on the size of the economy.

Or he did read the link & lied by omission - a tool commonly used by RW hacks!

Or he did read the link & lied by omission - a tool commonly used by RW hacks!
This thread isn't about employment jackass. It's about economic growth & business retention through corporate tax rates.

She's a liberal. She thinks everything just magically appears instantly out of thin air. She has no time to sit around waiting to see the results metastasize.

Pure stupidity when you think about how narrow sighted their vision is.

Very typical of liberals their dumb ass policies assume business has a bottomless well of money they are hoarding so the liberals just keep sucking like vampires until the business finally says fuck you liberals packs up and leaves. Liberals are a parasite that's so dumb it kills its host killing itself in the process.

Forum List

Back