What has happened to us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is not hate speech. Most people do NOT consider that hate speech. Some of the rhetoric that goes along with demanding a Wall, now some of that here is damned close to hate speech, the way these folks are described. But wanting the Wall itself and believing in stricter border control is NOT hate speech and anyone saying that it is, isn't worth arguing with.

Of course, it is hate speech, and there is no mistaking it. "Secure borders" formerly meant the ability to repel another nation's military attack. Deploying the term in the context of migration and refugees depicts them as rampaging, murderous invaders bringing about all the ills and destruction of warfare. It is exactly the apocalyptic, demonizing speech anyone with a hint of sense should stand up against, and normalizing that kind of speech is the way to spread the hate.

Your own verbiage really should give you a hint as to how slippery that slope you're on really is: "believing in stricter border control is NOT hate speech and anyone saying that it is, isn't worth arguing with." So, you've not only excluding those who disagree with you from debate, but you're already denying their "worth". That's how hate speech bears strange fruit even in those who would otherwise reject it.

How dare you secure your borders against terrorists, disease & criminals?

Keep thinking people are criminals of hate speech for wanting to secure the border
&
watch how fast you crash & burn

We're on it right now, Coyote. Social media and anonymous sites are giving people a chance to nurture their hate. This country has made a poor choice with its interpretation of the 1st Amendment, as well, and allows speech that is way outside the realm of acceptable discourse. Put the two together and you've got.....this past week.
Until people of your ilk can understand that hate speech is not some expressing the opinion of wanting secure borders even if it requires a wall, we are not going to make any progress.

So, first we have to roll over and declare that the thinly veiled xenophobic hate speech - "secure borders" - isn't hate speech. Having done so there is no longer any reason to suspect the brazen demagoguery calling a bunch of refugees "invading hordes" might be hate speech. And for doing so we're then denigrated as slow in the uptake, and an "ilk". Taken together, that's then supposed to be "progress".

Hilarious.

The GOP has gone bonkers. Collectively, all taken together, they have barely a shred of decency left. But then they betray an oversupply of chutzpah, turning around and on those who would point it out. If, in this context, there's anything to be held against Democrats, it's that their attempts at holding the fort are too feeble, to few, too far in between.

There is no compromise with xenophobes and racists. There is, in particular, no compromise with the xenophobes and racists who would whip up xenophobic and racist fears and resentments for electoral gains. That much should be obvious to any person who has a shred of decency left. And no, there is nothing wrong with the First Amendment. Government shall make no law infringing on the Freedom of Speech. And folks should use that freedom, and do so loudly, so that the nation can learn what we're dealing with, what to prepare for, and how to counter their stupid and ugly, hate-filled demagoguery.

Trump, it has been said, is the best thing that could have happened to the U.S. of A., for he exposed for all to see the rot infesting the GOP, how low they could go, the authoritarian impulses festering in their shameful subservience to the American plutocracy, and how much hatred of any Other guides them, and how little by way of reason, Christian and family values was there to begin with. All it would now take for the nation is to end their slumber and open their eyes. So, wake the eff up, already.
You do know that if those coming from South of Mexica are refugees, then Mexico is supposed to provide them with sanctuary? Once they pass Mexico and step into this country, they are no longer refugees but invading illegal border crossers, who have broken the law and need to be shot on sight.

That is not hate speech. Most people do NOT consider that hate speech. Some of the rhetoric that goes along with demanding a Wall, now some of that here is damned close to hate speech, the way these folks are described. But wanting the Wall itself and believing in stricter border control is NOT hate speech and anyone saying that it is, isn't worth arguing with.

Of course, it is hate speech, and there is no mistaking it. "Secure borders" formerly meant the ability to repel another nation's military attack. Deploying the term in the context of migration and refugees depicts them as rampaging, murderous invaders bringing about all the ills and destruction of warfare. It is exactly the apocalyptic, demonizing speech anyone with a hint of sense should stand up against, and normalizing that kind of speech is the way to spread the hate.

Your own verbiage really should give you a hint as to how slippery that slope you're on really is: "believing in stricter border control is NOT hate speech and anyone saying that it is, isn't worth arguing with." So, you've not only excluding those who disagree with you from debate, but you're already denying their "worth". That's how hate speech bears strange fruit even in those who would otherwise reject it.

Keep thinking people are criminals of hate speech for wanting to secure the border
&
For once I actually agree with Sobie here...There is still hope for this guy...

View attachment 225282

Last week....

A Florida man was arrested after sending mail bombs to prominent Democrats and Trump critics. His online activity was full of hateful rhetoric targeting Democrats and minorities.

A man with a history of violence shot and killed two African-Americans in a Kentucky Kroger store following a failed attempt to barge into a black church.

And Saturday morning, a man shouting anti-Semitic slurs opened fire at a Pittsburgh synagogue, killing 11 people attending Jewish services.

What is happening to us?

EVERY TIME, I disagree with a democrat, I am called a vile hateful name of some sort, such as racist or nazis.

That makes me very mad and makes me look at them as the enemy.

You want to stop the hate and division, stop believing that anyone that disagrees with you, has to be Evil.

Are you a racist? A bigot?

Are you trying to be ironic? Or are you just proving my point with your idiocy?
Name calling?

Yep. I point out that it is all you libs do, and you come along and call me names.

You just demonstrated my point. Do you wish to do it again?

There are no "HateSpeech" laws in America, guy. We saw that oppression coming and shut it down a long time ago. We are free to speak our minds in America. Sucks to be you, when what you say can land you in jail. :funnyface:

So, how long have you been an Oceanian?

&

There is hope for you.

I mean I was once a Paleoconservative.

Untill i read the writing on the wall of Capitalism & Jews push Liberalism.

Overtime it became clear that Fascism was the solution not the problem as the Globalists have brainwashed us into believing.

&

There is hope for you.

Overtime it became clear that Fascism was the solution not the problem ad the Globalists have brainwashed us into believing.
Yeah, it sure was a solution for Germany and Italy back 70 years ago, and how well did it end?

EVERY TIME, I disagree with a democrat, I am called a vile hateful name of some sort, such as racist or nazis.

You want to stop the hate and division, stop believing that anyone that disagrees with you, has to be Evil.

I used to think all of it was hate but last night someone I look up to a great deal told me it's insanity.

I suspect he's correct. Not just one side either....being nuts isnt confined to one faction

Somewhere along the line liberals decided mental hospitals were "mean". They don't understand "unintentional consequences". Having insane people fend for themselves--or loose upon society--can be a lot meaner.

And I have sad news: I love my students, but our special ed professionals have said they often feel like they're running day treatment centers rather than schools, the need is so crushing. I have been teaching for 25 years and have never, ever seen so many students so crippled and needy. It's not going to get better.

PS Kids are still the most superior humans, though. They just are. :)
Gov Reagan approves your message blaming liberals.

Thanks for seriously addressing the point he raised. Not.
Mine was a serious post. Here, read it: U01: Ronald Reagan and the Federal Deinstitutionalization of Mentally Ill Patients | PSY 533: Ethics and Leadership (Wheeler)

That's better.

Yes, Reagan signed off on it. Your article attacks him for accepting "unsound advice" and assumes a motive for him.

The push for this "deinstitutionazation" was a combination of civil rights over reaction and over ambitious desire to bring more functional patients more into society.

Money was funneled await from large institutions into half way houses, often for people who were completely incapable of benefiting from them.

I had a close friend employed in the field during part of this. It was and is a fucking disaster.

Reagan was a long time ago. If it was just him, we would have fixed this a long time ago (minus 8 years).

Yet we are still right on that page.

Are we in agreement that we should reopen those large institutions for those that really need them? AND make it easier for those who are dangerous to themselves or others to be involuntarily committed?

We're on it right now, Coyote. Social media and anonymous sites are giving people a chance to nurture their hate. This country has made a poor choice with its interpretation of the 1st Amendment, as well, and allows speech that is way outside the realm of acceptable discourse. Put the two together and you've got.....this past week.
Until people of your ilk can understand that hate speech is not some expressing the opinion of wanting secure borders even if it requires a wall, we are not going to make any progress.

So, first we have to roll over and declare that the thinly veiled xenophobic hate speech - "secure borders" - isn't hate speech. Having done so there is no longer any reason to suspect the brazen demagoguery calling a bunch of refugees "invading hordes" might be hate speech. And for doing so we're then denigrated as slow in the uptake, and an "ilk". Taken together, that's then supposed to be "progress".

Hilarious.

The GOP has gone bonkers. Collectively, all taken together, they have barely a shred of decency left. But then they betray an oversupply of chutzpah, turning around and on those who would point it out. If, in this context, there's anything to be held against Democrats, it's that their attempts at holding the fort are too feeble, to few, too far in between.

There is no compromise with xenophobes and racists. There is, in particular, no compromise with the xenophobes and racists who would whip up xenophobic and racist fears and resentments for electoral gains. That much should be obvious to any person who has a shred of decency left. And no, there is nothing wrong with the First Amendment. Government shall make no law infringing on the Freedom of Speech. And folks should use that freedom, and do so loudly, so that the nation can learn what we're dealing with, what to prepare for, and how to counter their stupid and ugly, hate-filled demagoguery.

Trump, it has been said, is the best thing that could have happened to the U.S. of A., for he exposed for all to see the rot infesting the GOP, how low they could go, the authoritarian impulses festering in their shameful subservience to the American plutocracy, and how much hatred of any Other guides them, and how little by way of reason, Christian and family values was there to begin with. All it would now take for the nation is to end their slumber and open their eyes. So, wake the eff up, already.
You do know that if those coming from South of Mexica are refugees, then Mexico is supposed to provide them with sanctuary? Once they pass Mexico and step into this country, they are no longer refugees but invading illegal border crossers, who have broken the law and need to be shot on sight.

So, you are claiming that only the nearest country can accept refugees?

View attachment 225282

Last week....

A Florida man was arrested after sending mail bombs to prominent Democrats and Trump critics. His online activity was full of hateful rhetoric targeting Democrats and minorities.

A man with a history of violence shot and killed two African-Americans in a Kentucky Kroger store following a failed attempt to barge into a black church.

And Saturday morning, a man shouting anti-Semitic slurs opened fire at a Pittsburgh synagogue, killing 11 people attending Jewish services.

What is happening to us?

You can begin by stopping attacking other people. It's always African-Americans who are wrong, women are wrong, LGBTs are wrong, Muslims are wrong, Latinos/Latinas are wrong, and all down the line, and YOU have the answer, which is that all of these people have to get with your program. How about cooperating in friendship with all of these people? How about stopping your aggression and pomposity toward others? Why not try shutting your mouth and listening while others speak?
Case in point, I'm talking about issues, and the liberal in question focuses on the person I am talking to, or about, and decides that that is what I am really about.

And thus, the debate is ended, and the lib in question calls me a name, I call them names back, and the cycle continues.

You mean like this: What has happened to us?
or this: What has happened to us?
or this: What has happened to us?

i will address the first one.

NOpe. Note that morion, actually made a point, in response to what you said, that you can respond to if you want.

ie he claimed that morality has to come from God.

YOu are able to address that, if you want to.

He did not just attack you personally in an attempt to marginalize you,

INSTEAD of addressing your point.

And white trash who are wrong and fundies who are wrong...you gotta reach out from the left too.

That's a start.

But until you give up on calling people "racist", it is small potatoes.

Along with homophobe and bigot.
Do't make bigoted posts & you won't be called a bigot.

It is that simple.

Pot meet kettle and GFY RealDumb, you post some of the most bigoted hateful shit of anyone on this forum
More name calling.

You do post some of the most hateful shit on this forum. That was a point, one you utterly failed to respond to.

And one that you would be hard pressed to refute.

View attachment 225282

Last week....

What is happening to us?

Name calling?

Yep. I point out that it is all you libs do, and you come along and call me names.

We call you out for making racist & bigoted posts.

&

There is hope for you.

Overtime it became clear that Fascism was the solution not the problem ad the Globalists have brainwashed us into believing.
Yeah, it sure was a solution for Germany and Italy back 70 years ago, and how well did it end?

Because of British Freemasons like Churchill, FDR & Truman.

They won & they killed a lot too.

3 - 4 millon Indians starved to death in the Bengal famine 1943 by Churchill who stole their resources from them.

Dresden with civilians fire bombed at least 25,000 killed at a civilan target.

The invasion of Italy killing over 150 thousand civilians.

A- bombs over Japan killing over 200 thousand civilians.

Tehran, Yalta & Potsam conferences with 500,000 Germans dead.

&

There is hope for you.

3 - 4 millon Indians starved to death in the Bengal famine 1943 by Churchill who stole their resources from them.

You do know, that if Hitler and Muso, did not try to take over the world with Hirohito, then none of that shit would of happened? But then what else do Fascist do? I see you are still trying to rewrite history...

That's a start.

But until you give up on calling people "racist", it is small potatoes.

Along with homophobe and bigot.
Do't make bigoted posts & you won't be called a bigot.

It is that simple.

Pot meet kettle and GFY RealDumb, you post some of the most bigoted hateful shit of anyone on this forum
More name calling.

You do post some of the most hateful shit on this forum. That was a point, one you utterly failed to respond to.

And one that you would be hard pressed to refute.

Hilarious considering he just called ZZpups an asshole Trumpette on another thread

Lol

&

There is hope for you.

You do know, that if Hitler and Muso, did not try to take over the world with Hirohito, then none of that shit would of happened? But then what else do Fascist do? I see you are still trying to rewrite history...

Fascists TRIED to take over.

British Capitalists DID take over much of the World killing probably millions on every continent.

The book the Late Victorian Holocausts is very damning towards British Capitalists proving British Capitalists stole resources from India allowing them to starve by the millions.

ITS YOU WHO ARE REWRITING HISTORY.

I used to think all of it was hate but last night someone I look up to a great deal told me it's insanity.

I suspect he's correct. Not just one side either....being nuts isnt confined to one faction

Somewhere along the line liberals decided mental hospitals were "mean". They don't understand "unintentional consequences". Having insane people fend for themselves--or loose upon society--can be a lot meaner.

And I have sad news: I love my students, but our special ed professionals have said they often feel like they're running day treatment centers rather than schools, the need is so crushing. I have been teaching for 25 years and have never, ever seen so many students so crippled and needy. It's not going to get better.

Mine was a serious post. Here, read it: U01: Ronald Reagan and the Federal Deinstitutionalization of Mentally Ill Patients | PSY 533: Ethics and Leadership (Wheeler)

That's better.

Yes, Reagan signed off on it. Your article attacks him for accepting "unsound advice" and assumes a motive for him.

The push for this "deinstitutionazation" was a combination of civil rights over reaction and over ambitious desire to bring more functional patients more into society.

Money was funneled await from large institutions into half way houses, often for people who were completely incapable of benefiting from them.

I had a close friend employed in the field during part of this. It was and is a fucking disaster.

Reagan was a long time ago. If it was just him, we would have fixed this a long time ago (minus 8 years).

Are we in agreement that we should reopen those large institutions for those that really need them? AND make it easier for those who are dangerous to themselves or others to be involuntarily committed?

I'm on that page. Clearly that kid in Broward County would have been in Chattahochee back in the day. It's a solid plan to put the kaibosh on mass shootings and acts of violence done by literally crazy people.

Name calling?

We call you out for making racist & bigoted posts.

Says the one that voted for Obama based solely on his skin color. That's racist, boy.

That's better.

There is no money in it. It would have to be run by the State and most State hospitals have been shut down for the private industry. However, once the insurance companies and private hospitals figured out that there was no money in it, they shut down those as well. Further, they are trying to maintain in home so that group of people can get their cut and not do a bloody thing.

You (general you) have to be willing to identify the players, stick to that issue and force the elected officials to walk that back and risk losing donations.

View attachment 225282

Last week....

What is happening to us?

Every time? I have never called you either of these names.

What did you call me?
Good question, you know the answer.

No, I don't. YOu libs tend to blur together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back