What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You hit the nail on the head. The Democrat party is so used to buying votes that they expect everybody will fall in line if they give them something.

Yes, it's worked with the blacks and has for many years, but it doesn't mean all non-white people can be hoodwinked like that. Not many blacks take an interest in politics or are otherwise ignorant of it. It's why liberal radio talk shows and stations failed so badly in the past. Politics is time consuming. You need to read, watch and listen a lot. For me, politics is nearly my entire day. I go to work listening to news radio, continue once at work, continue again on the way home from work, and then come here at the end of the day.
Keep up the GOOD work.

And you too sir.

What no one wants is freedom. It isn't popular.
What kind of freedom, mystery man? Legalize It

Legalize what? Freedom? I wish we would.
Marijuana.

Oh. Well, the drug war is another thing that we need to end. Agreed.
The drug war is just another in a long line of wars that we've lost.

Not really. That would be like saying the war on murder failed or the war on theft. Laws don't eliminate crime in our country, it controls it to some degree.

Marijuana.

Not really. That would be like saying the war on murder failed or the war on theft. Laws don't eliminate crime in our country, it controls it to some degree.
Ive never heard of a war of murder. A war on drug, yes. Anyways, we haven't won a war since WWII, and even then, we needed help.

Marijuana.

Ive never heard of a war of murder. A war on drug, yes. Anyways, we haven't won a war since WWII, and even then, we needed help.

Well......I don't believe there was ever a war on women either. Catchy title, but no real wars in reality.

In the past couple of years a few people I knew (and related to) died because of drugs. Legalizing it just isn't a good idea. One time my apartment was robbed by drug addicts, another time a drug addict tenant of mine nearly burned my house down, it's just too much of a problem.

Legalizing all dope would make matters five times worse.

Marijuana.

Well......I don't believe there was ever a war on women either. Catchy title, but no real wars in reality.

In the past couple of years a few people I knew (and related to) died because of drugs. Legalizing it just isn't a good idea. One time my apartment was robbed by drug addicts, another time a drug addict tenant of mine nearly burned my house down, it's just too much of a problem.

Trump looks like he is going to legalize weed. It's a good first step.

Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump:
"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.

How high is the human cost left behind in the countries they flee from?...Why not work and fight to improve the conditions in Central and South America? Why not ease the pain of corruption in their birth place?...why not stop being a stop gab relief valve enabling corruption to continue from wens the migrants have fled?
Compassion comes with a price for the very ones we are compassionate over....but I guess you sleep well after patting yourself on the back....like a good liberal.....
Why didnt your ancesters stay and improve the country the fled from? Oh ya...double standards eh?

I don't know about Rambunctious, but MY ancestors' country had acquired this neat new territory that it wanted colonized.

So they weren't actually leaving their country at all, except in a strict geographic sense.
Illegal squatters then?

You seem to be missing the part where it wasn't illegal.

Trump looks like he is going to legalize weed. It's a good first step.

He doesn't have that kind of power to legalize weed. But even if he could, it would only result in more people using it.

Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump:
"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.

How high is the human cost left behind in the countries they flee from?...Why not work and fight to improve the conditions in Central and South America? Why not ease the pain of corruption in their birth place?...why not stop being a stop gab relief valve enabling corruption to continue from wens the migrants have fled?
Compassion comes with a price for the very ones we are compassionate over....but I guess you sleep well after patting yourself on the back....like a good liberal.....
Why didnt your ancesters stay and improve the country the fled from? Oh ya...double standards eh?
It's sad you can't distinguish between criminals who traffic humans back and forth across the border and legitimate refugees..or recognize the huge amount of suffering that is caused to those refugees by the people who smuggle other people...who you insist we protect..while whining that we try to protect the children they exploit and abuse at teh same time.

And legitimate refugees.
Explain to me how a policy that confiscates 100% of the children makes that distinction?

I will wait.

Why ask us? WE weren't the ones who screamed and hollered for that law. Go find some leftists who insisted it was "the humane thing to do" and ask them.

25% of the kids in the nation are Americans of Hispanic descent…. You guys better fire up the voter suppression machines because they are going to grow up and vote against you because you’re acting like a complete prick right now…when you don’t have to.

They are Americans…not illegals. Learn the difference.
I'm half Hispanic, and I personally know hundred of Hispanics in 4 states of the US where I've lived. I don't know any who vote against Trump, or who are for illegal immigration.

That's crazy, because most Hispanics did not vote for Trump. Weird, it's almost like you don't know shit.
More voted for Hillary than Trump, but millions of them were illegal aliens. I'm talking about AMERICAN Hispanics, not the foreign invaders. The % for Trump is growing rapidly, and that was before the big increase in deportations. Like blacks, Hispanics are seeing THEIR unemployment rates dropping to record low levels.

Another election surprise: Many Hispanics backed Trump

25% of the kids in the nation are Americans of Hispanic descent…. You guys better fire up the voter suppression machines because they are going to grow up and vote against you because you’re acting like a complete prick right now…when you don’t have to.

I'm half Hispanic, and I personally know hundred of Hispanics in 4 states of the US where I've lived. I don't know any who vote against Trump, or who are for illegal immigration.

That's crazy, because most Hispanics did not vote for Trump. Weird, it's almost like you don't know shit.
More voted for Hillary than Trump, but millions of them were illegal aliens. I'm talking about AMERICAN Hispanics, not the foreign invaders. The % for Trump is growing rapidly, and that was before the big increase in deportations. Like blacks, Hispanics are seeing THEIR unemployment rates dropping to record low levels.

Another election surprise: Many Hispanics backed Trump

1) Only idiots think 'illegals' voted en mass in our elections.
2) Your own link tells you that more Hispanics voted for Clinton than Trump by 2 to 1.

You have to be a special kind of Trump fluffer to actually post the crap you do and pretend you have any amount of dignity.

Remember when we had allies? It seems a mere 18 months ago.
In my lifetime, Mexico has NEVER been an ally of the US. (I'm 72 years old). The only US president that dealt properly with thieving Mexico, before Trump, is Eisenhower, who had Operation Wetback in 1954, in which INS agents went house to house in SW states, hunting down illegal aliens, and arresting them.

Millions were deported. By 1959, illegal immigration to the US was near zero.

Eisenhower sent millions of adult male illegals to the south of Mexico - Vera Cruz - (where they couldn't return here so easily). They were shipped, taken to the shallow water shorelines, and dumped in the water. The Mexican govt politicians protested furiously. Eisenhower paid NO ATTENTION to them.

Mexico is an important trading partner and they also fought in WWII. Our border with Mexico is one of the largest peaceful borders on the planet between two countries.

They are not our enemy.

What no one wants is freedom. It isn't popular.

Marijuana.

Correction, the drug war is just another in a long line of wars that we've lost and never should have gotten ourselves into in the first place.

No illegal aliens-children or otherwise-should be allowed to stay. Zero tolerance. End of story.

How about the unnecessary separation of children from their parents?
It's a deterrent, as in, don't want to be separated from your children, then don't bring them here illegally. Once the word gets around, they'll cut it out. maybe.
Now that would be pretty dumb, applying for asylum out of fear for the lives of the family members and then leave the kids there.
The only fear they have is the fear of not living here. So their country is shit, are we going to take EVERYONE from shit countries? How much room do you have at your house?

Just the same, they applied legally as asylum seekers, obeyed the law and we still separated the families for another other reason other than spite.

Marijuana.

Correction, the drug war is just another in a long line of wars that we've lost and never should have gotten ourselves into in the first place.
That too.

No illegal aliens-children or otherwise-should be allowed to stay. Zero tolerance. End of story.

It's a deterrent, as in, don't want to be separated from your children, then don't bring them here illegally. Once the word gets around, they'll cut it out. maybe.
Now that would be pretty dumb, applying for asylum out of fear for the lives of the family members and then leave the kids there.
The only fear they have is the fear of not living here. So their country is shit, are we going to take EVERYONE from shit countries? How much room do you have at your house?

Just the same, they applied legally as asylum seekers, obeyed the law and we still separated the families for another other reason other than spite.
They come anyways knowing what will happen, so not our problem.

You’re being pricks to a growing population of Americans dumbass…while trying to appease one that is dying off; yours. They are not going to vote for you….

They are not Americans, they are invaders. Learn the difference.

So who is trying to keep American kids of Hispanic descent out of this country? That's not what's being discussed here. What's being discussed are the invaders that are using our tax dollars, taking American jobs, causing us to spend billions every year to try and keep them out, and changing our country.

You surrender first liberals will be the demise of this country yet. Once you ruin this place, there is no other USA to move to. It will turn into yet another third world shithole.

Oh my goodness….

The American kids are here already.

Keeping illegals out and sending them home is the right thing to do…. Can you please get this through your skull. They agree with you. I agree with you. I think most here agree with you. We may differ on the impact, how many jobs they are taking, etc… But illegals being here and being deported are something that I think is common ground.

I hope you get it.

What is wrong is the hard and fast rule of ripping kids from their parents. As mentioned about a week ago, one such immigrant from Brazil had not seen her kid for 8 months. Mass murderers don’t go 8 months without being able to have a visit from family members.

This is what I meant by being a prick.

We are being unnecessarily cruel to people.

Well then it's about time we started to be cruel, because being nice certainly didn't work. If anything, it made things worse. The definition of insanity is.................

Report: Immigrant workers account for all employment growth since 2007

So…now we sponsor cruelty as an official policy.

To call such a policy insane is probably being charitable.

Just as an aside….should we lop off the hands of shoplifters…..blind one eye of people who jump turnstiles on the L line…caine folks who sneak into movie theaters?

They are not Americans, they are invaders. Learn the difference.

So who is trying to keep American kids of Hispanic descent out of this country? That's not what's being discussed here. What's being discussed are the invaders that are using our tax dollars, taking American jobs, causing us to spend billions every year to try and keep them out, and changing our country.

You surrender first liberals will be the demise of this country yet. Once you ruin this place, there is no other USA to move to. It will turn into yet another third world shithole.

Oh my goodness….

Keeping illegals out and sending them home is the right thing to do…. Can you please get this through your skull. They agree with you. I agree with you. I think most here agree with you. We may differ on the impact, how many jobs they are taking, etc… But illegals being here and being deported are something that I think is common ground.

I hope you get it.

What is wrong is the hard and fast rule of ripping kids from their parents. As mentioned about a week ago, one such immigrant from Brazil had not seen her kid for 8 months. Mass murderers don’t go 8 months without being able to have a visit from family members.

Well then it's about time we started to be cruel, because being nice certainly didn't work. If anything, it made things worse. The definition of insanity is.................

Just as an aside….should we lop off the hands of shoplifters…..blind one eye of people who jump turnstiles on the L line…caine folks who sneak into movie theaters?

Would it eliminate shoplifting or not? Works in the middle east pretty well.

You might not believe this, but some of us don't consider taking care of kids as cruelty. In fact millions of Americans have other people taking care of their children every day in this country. They even pay people to do it.

Oh my goodness….

I hope you get it.

You might not believe this, but some of us don't consider taking care of kids as cruelty. In fact millions of Americans have other people taking care of their children every day in this country. They even pay people to do it.
If chopping off hands worked in the Middle East, they wouldn't still be doing it.

Oh my goodness….

I hope you get it.

I suppose it may. And if it doesn’t? Amputate legs too?

Do they keep the kids from their mothers for 8 months and prevent the parent from seeing their child too?

They come anyways knowing what will happen, so not our problem.

They are following the law, like I said there is no reason to separate families other than spite. We need immigration into this country, our economy depends on it.

seperate these mexicans and 'otm' and their widdle bambinos simply to send a message .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back