What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a deterrent, as in, don't want to be separated from your children, then don't bring them here illegally. Once the word gets around, they'll cut it out. maybe.
Now that would be pretty dumb, applying for asylum out of fear for the lives of the family members and then leave the kids there.
The only fear they have is the fear of not living here. So their country is shit, are we going to take EVERYONE from shit countries? How much room do you have at your house?

Just the same, they applied legally as asylum seekers, obeyed the law and we still separated the families for another other reason other than spite.
They come anyways knowing what will happen, so not our problem.

They are following the law, like I said there is no reason to separate families other than spite. We need immigration into this country, our economy depends on it.
We need EDUCATED immigration, not just maids and fruit pickers.

Now that would be pretty dumb, applying for asylum out of fear for the lives of the family members and then leave the kids there.
The only fear they have is the fear of not living here. So their country is shit, are we going to take EVERYONE from shit countries? How much room do you have at your house?

Just the same, they applied legally as asylum seekers, obeyed the law and we still separated the families for another other reason other than spite.

They are following the law, like I said there is no reason to separate families other than spite. We need immigration into this country, our economy depends on it.

No, actually we don't.

More Unskilled Workers, Please

Unskilled Immigrants Do Not Harm Americans

The Danger From Low-Skilled Immigrants: Not Having Them

Read the articles, I could pull out quotes from them but I get the feeling I'm already wasting my time linking the articles.

Other than that treating people like cattle is inhumane no matter how you want to make excuses for it.

Last edited:

No, actually we don't.

Read the articles, I could pull out quotes from them but I get the feeling I'm already wasting my time linking the articles.

Other than that treating people like cattle is inhumane no matter how you want to make excuses for it.
Sorry, I don't believe in open borders. And I don't believe in filling the country with unskilled workers. I didn't say we didn't need ANY, just not a free-for-all.

25% of the kids in the nation are Americans of Hispanic descent…. You guys better fire up the voter suppression machines because they are going to grow up and vote against you because you’re acting like a complete prick right now…when you don’t have to.

They are Americans…not illegals. Learn the difference.

So who is trying to keep American kids of Hispanic descent out of this country? That's not what's being discussed here. What's being discussed are the invaders that are using our tax dollars, taking American jobs, causing us to spend billions every year to try and keep them out, and changing our country.

You surrender first liberals will be the demise of this country yet. Once you ruin this place, there is no other USA to move to. It will turn into yet another third world shithole.

Oh my goodness….

The American kids are here already.

Keeping illegals out and sending them home is the right thing to do…. Can you please get this through your skull. They agree with you. I agree with you. I think most here agree with you. We may differ on the impact, how many jobs they are taking, etc… But illegals being here and being deported are something that I think is common ground.

I hope you get it.

What is wrong is the hard and fast rule of ripping kids from their parents. As mentioned about a week ago, one such immigrant from Brazil had not seen her kid for 8 months. Mass murderers don’t go 8 months without being able to have a visit from family members.

This is what I meant by being a prick.

We are being unnecessarily cruel to people.

Well then it's about time we started to be cruel, because being nice certainly didn't work. If anything, it made things worse. The definition of insanity is.................

Report: Immigrant workers account for all employment growth since 2007

So…now we sponsor cruelty as an official policy.

To call such a policy insane is probably being charitable.

Just as an aside….should we lop off the hands of shoplifters…..blind one eye of people who jump turnstiles on the L line…caine folks who sneak into movie theaters?

Would it eliminate shoplifting or not? Works in the middle east pretty well.

You might not believe this, but some of us don't consider taking care of kids as cruelty. In fact millions of Americans have other people taking care of their children every day in this country. They even pay people to do it.

Machine gun nests at every intersection to gun down jaywalkers….good idea or not?

No, actually we don't.

Sorry, I don't believe in open borders. And I don't believe in filling the country with unskilled workers. I didn't say we didn't need ANY, just not a free-for-all.

Nobody believes in open borders, can we finally kill that strawman? Like it or not, we need unskilled workers here, we don't have enough currently but you'd rather blabber about some idiotic notion that you don't believe in 'filling the country with unskilled workers', whatever that hell that means. Shit,who can argue with such a defined and well thought out position.

just my opinion but we need no more immigration of any type into a country , USA in which had a legal population of 310 million in 2010 and thats not counting illegals .

just my opinion but we need no more immigration of any type into a country , USA in which had a legal population of 310 million in 2010 and thats not counting illegals .

It's weird, your post contained an actual statistic but the way you used it was completely irrelevant.

310 million legal people of all types in USA not counting illegals in 2010 census and in 1970 USA was about 210 million . Easy to see , just check out census records . There is no reason for more immigration of any type into the USA especially when the imported are third worlders HJoy .

No, actually we don't.

Nobody believes in open borders, can we finally kill that strawman? Like it or not, we need unskilled workers here, we don't have enough currently but you'd rather blabber about some idiotic notion that you don't believe in 'filling the country with unskilled workers', whatever that hell that means. Shit,who can argue with such a defined and well thought out position.

Hmmm. If we need unskilled workers so bad, I guess the 3.8% unemployed in our country must be skilled workers.

So who is trying to keep American kids of Hispanic descent out of this country? That's not what's being discussed here. What's being discussed are the invaders that are using our tax dollars, taking American jobs, causing us to spend billions every year to try and keep them out, and changing our country.

You surrender first liberals will be the demise of this country yet. Once you ruin this place, there is no other USA to move to. It will turn into yet another third world shithole.

Oh my goodness….

The American kids are here already.

Keeping illegals out and sending them home is the right thing to do…. Can you please get this through your skull. They agree with you. I agree with you. I think most here agree with you. We may differ on the impact, how many jobs they are taking, etc… But illegals being here and being deported are something that I think is common ground.

I hope you get it.

What is wrong is the hard and fast rule of ripping kids from their parents. As mentioned about a week ago, one such immigrant from Brazil had not seen her kid for 8 months. Mass murderers don’t go 8 months without being able to have a visit from family members.

This is what I meant by being a prick.

We are being unnecessarily cruel to people.

Well then it's about time we started to be cruel, because being nice certainly didn't work. If anything, it made things worse. The definition of insanity is.................

Report: Immigrant workers account for all employment growth since 2007

So…now we sponsor cruelty as an official policy.

To call such a policy insane is probably being charitable.

Just as an aside….should we lop off the hands of shoplifters…..blind one eye of people who jump turnstiles on the L line…caine folks who sneak into movie theaters?

Would it eliminate shoplifting or not? Works in the middle east pretty well.

You might not believe this, but some of us don't consider taking care of kids as cruelty. In fact millions of Americans have other people taking care of their children every day in this country. They even pay people to do it.

Machine gun nests at every intersection to gun down jaywalkers….good idea or not?

I think that would be a good idea if jaywalkers were changing our language, taking jobs other Americans should have, costing us billions of dollars every year, killing American citizens, then sure, gun em down.

No, actually we don't.

----------------------------------- when you give government , politicians and government employees a way to rig things like legal immigration , illegal immigration , visa's , anchor babies and other special super duper type visa's , refugee status and other ways to manipulate government the politicians , government employees and government will manipulate as they pursue their personal agendas . See 'mrobama' and the 'bush's' as an example of manipulation of government and its policies in pursuit of their own agendas Taz

No, actually we don't.

Then your concession is duly noted. Thank you.

We have plenty of unskilled workers. We just pay them not to work. If we made poverty more painful and left them no choice but to work perhaps they would. We have thousands of homeless who might be workers. We aren't using what we have.

Do they keep the kids from their mothers for 8 months and prevent the parent from seeing their child too?

Only if they came here uninvited.

So, you’re saying people pay someone to take their kids away from them for 8 months?

Not sure what you’re smoking….it’s probably not legal.

Let me put it this way: If I knew the place I was going to were going to take my children from me, I wouldn't go there, and if I did, I wouldn't take my children with me.

So now the word starts spreading far south of our border that this is the way we handle people like this. Maybe most will just stay the hell away from this country and keep their problems over there instead of bringing their problems over here for us to deal with.

You have to start somewhere, otherwise there is no deterrent to invading this country.

What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

And the cost to already US citizen children who are being denied or cut back on services and opportunity in their homeland because of a swarm of immigrants flooding into this country; all clamoring for our dwindling resources?

Or do those children not count?
Undocumented children a drain on U.S. schools
Currently, the U.S. spends approximately $12,000 per year to educate each child in public school. And the influx of children who are in the country illegally further increases those costs. That's because more regular teachers have to be hired, and - because many students don't speak English - more bilingual teachers and resources have to be brought in as well......According to the Federation for American Immigration Reform, as of 2009, taxpayers have spent over $440 million on English instruction classes for children - some of whom are here legally, some not - Needless to say, this puts a huge burden on local districts and states - many of which are already struggling to provide a good education for the children who live there legally. As Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin puts it: "Already one in four Oklahoma children struggle(s) with hunger. One in four will drop out of high school before graduating. It is wrong for the president to ask Oklahomans to divert their attention and limited resources away from our own children."

We can't wet-nurse the entire world at the expense of our own children. It's physically impossible. Especially when the illegal immigrant children's parents cannot and do not pay payroll taxes because they can't be hired legally. It's a true system of complete guaranteed freeloading at the cost of US children.

If we really wanted to help Hispanic children get a leg up, we'd spend more time establishing trade with their countries of origin so their economies would improve and they can take care of their own. If their burden is too great because each parents have 8-10 children apiece, then like the US, they need to educate their youth young about planned parenthood and financial responsibility. Enabling other countries' poor-planning and fuck ups just can't be sustained anymore by the US. The problem's origin is in other countries, NOT the US.

Last edited:

No, actually we don't.

Hmmm. If we need unskilled workers so bad, I guess the 3.8% unemployed in our country must be skilled workers.

We need unskilled workers because we don't have enough of our own and as our population ages the need is only going to be greater. I've already provided links but you chose to ignore them and instead rely on your own xenophobia.

No, actually we don't.

Wasn't there a troll on this board who used to reply to posts just like that? Can't remember his name but when he ran out of things to say he basically took credit for a concession that was never given.

What you have given is stating that you don't give a shit about families of immigrants who even come here legally to be separated and your reason for not caring which is an influx of unskilled workers isn't even a problem and in actuality we need more of them but you ignore all of that and go on your merry way.

No, actually we don't.

Wasn't there a troll on this board who used to reply to posts just like that? Can't remember his name but when he ran out of things to say he basically took credit for a concession that was never given.

What you have given is stating that you don't give a shit about families of immigrants who even come here legally to be separated and your reason for not caring which is an influx of unskilled workers isn't even a problem and in actuality we need more of them but you ignore all of that and go on your merry way.
Coming here illegally isn't coming here legally. Now you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back