What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incredible....

So 1/2 of the patents go to people of foreign origin...
That means 1/2 go to natives.

If Immigrants are not contributing anything in terms of new products, ideas, etc...neither are Americans then. Whatever.

Good discussion. I've learned a lot about conservatives; all of it disgusting.
And conservatives have gone above and beyond the call of disgusting by prohibiting those seeking asylum from doing so.

The reprehensible right, indeed.

If we had to give asylum to everybody that had a crappy country to live in, we would have over 2 billion people here. And again, it's not about asylum, it's about finding ways to sneak into this country without standing in line like everybody else.

That's just it, dope. We don't let in everyone who applies for asylum. There is a process in place to make the determination on their "standing". Asylum applicants are not criminals and have a right to due process under the law.

Yep, and with the time and money spent, we could be doing better things for our country instead. They come here knowing they don't have the qualifications to be granted asylum you dope.

It's the law, dope and we don't have to give 2 billion people asylum like you stupidly suggested.

Do you even have any idea of how many applicants there are annually?
What the approval process is?
What percent of applicants actually receive asylum?
Is that number trending up or down over time?
Over the last 26 years we have granted asylum to 1.9 million people. That's only .5% of the US population. The average is about 20,000/yr. 40% of those that apply and pass pre-screening are granted asylum after 3 to 6 mos of interviews and investigation. I seriously doubt that Trump would allow that many in the country. In fact, I don't see any reason he would allow any. There's nothing political or financial in it for him.

Last edited:
Asylum is a "right way", dope.

Applying for asylum is not a crime.

And neither is the government taking their kids away during the process, yet you on the left bitch about that.

Ripping children out of the arms of their parents is a crime against humanity. At the very least it is a human rights violation of the children’s rights as stated by the United Nations.

This is a traumatizing and terrorizing event for these children, one which will affect them all of their lives. Many of the children are being drugged to deal with the emotional effects of being separated from the parents.

Is this the image the USA wants to project to the world. A nation which terrorizes and traumatizes children for political gain?

It’s unimaginable that there are people in favor of ripping 1y/o babies from their parents by policy.

Makes you wonder about their upbringing
That's my main question. At what age are children separated. I can't imagine that under age 6 it is possibly legal to separate children unless their parents are a danger to them?

Separating asylum seekers is also legally and morally problematical. First as has been pointed out IT ISN'T ILLEGAL TO SEEK ASYLUM. Sessions has changed policy to require these people be detained while their claims for asylum are considered.

As I understand it, Obama did the same thing but it was on the basis of only doing it when it was impossible to keep the family unit together. The hard and fast policy of ripping kids away from their parents as just an enhanced form of deterrence is, frankly, sickening. It say much more about how far we have sunk as a society than what it says to those who break our immigration laws.
Any ICE agent could tell you the real reason for separating parents from their kids. Recently in Texas immigration court, 57 parents appeared before an immigration judge and all but one plead guilty after being told that if they plead guilty, they will be united with their kids and deported. If they ask for a trial, they will be detained till the trial. Detention can be as long as one year. It's just a legal form of extortion.

And the Orange Clown appears on TV and says, "I really care about these kids."

And neither is the government taking their kids away during the process, yet you on the left bitch about that.

Ripping children out of the arms of their parents is a crime against humanity. At the very least it is a human rights violation of the children’s rights as stated by the United Nations.

This is a traumatizing and terrorizing event for these children, one which will affect them all of their lives. Many of the children are being drugged to deal with the emotional effects of being separated from the parents.

Is this the image the USA wants to project to the world. A nation which terrorizes and traumatizes children for political gain?

It’s unimaginable that there are people in favor of ripping 1y/o babies from their parents by policy.

That's my main question. At what age are children separated. I can't imagine that under age 6 it is possibly legal to separate children unless their parents are a danger to them?

Separating asylum seekers is also legally and morally problematical. First as has been pointed out IT ISN'T ILLEGAL TO SEEK ASYLUM. Sessions has changed policy to require these people be detained while their claims for asylum are considered.

As I understand it, Obama did the same thing but it was on the basis of only doing it when it was impossible to keep the family unit together. The hard and fast policy of ripping kids away from their parents as just an enhanced form of deterrence is, frankly, sickening. It say much more about how far we have sunk as a society than what it says to those who break our immigration laws.
Any ICE agent could tell you the real reason for separating parents from their kids. Recently in Texas immigration court, 57 parents appeared before an immigration judge and all but one plead guilty after being told that if they plead guilty, they will be united with their kids and deported. If they ask for a trial, they will be detained till the trial. Detention can be as long as one year. It's just a legal form of extortion.

Sooner or later karma catches up to everyone.

It will certain catch up with Trump. The question is how much damage will be done to the nation before that happens.

Awesome tactic...good job DONNY T!
Nobody but other wetbacks, weirdos, filth and bottom feeders want even one more illegal wetback here. Sorry....the good people of this nation have spoken.

It will certain catch up with Trump. The question is how much damage will be done to the nation before that happens.

I would be willing to bet that most Americans don't even know what's going on at the border, and the ones that do, many don't care either.

Trump won because of the border and immigration issues. People like me who are sick of pressing 1 to speak to an English speaking person, those who live where a lot of illegals live, those who are battling crime; some brought to us by illegals, those who watch as foreigners are taking our jobs for less money, we are all fed up with it, especially when our representatives tell us we need "immigration reform" instead of telling us what we really want to hear which is shut down the border, or at least get as close as we can to it.

So what damage to the nation do you speak of? I see no damage. If anything, I see taking a tougher stance on illegals which is what many of us want in the first place.

I would be willing to bet that most Americans don't even know what's going on at the border, and the ones that do, many don't care either.

Trump won because of the border and immigration issues. People like me who are sick of pressing 1 to speak to an English speaking person, those who live where a lot of illegals live, those who are battling crime; some brought to us by illegals, those who watch as foreigners are taking our jobs for less money, we are all fed up with it, especially when our representatives tell us we need "immigration reform" instead of telling us what we really want to hear which is shut down the border, or at least get as close as we can to it.

So what damage to the nation do you speak of? I see no damage. If anything, I see taking a tougher stance on illegals which is what many of us want in the first place.

Would you feel better pressing #2..seems like you already are a piece of #2

What damage? trade wars, broken alliances with our most supportive allies, handing the Pacific Rim trade to China, actions that will do irreparably damage to the environment, and leadership by a man that has the morals of a tomcat in heat who praises mass murders like Kim Jon Un and Putin.

What planet are you from? Do really think Trump is going to stop globalization and the flow of people and ideas into this country. You dial 1 for English because 1/4 of all Americans speak languages other than English and that's not going to change. Also the call centers you dial into are international and serve other countries as well as the US. Even Trump's highly publicized efforts to turn American into an Aryan/Anglo nation isolated from the world will fail.

Trump isn't going to change any of this but he is going to create more division and hatred. I know conservatives thrive on hatred and division but it's going bite you guys in ass eventually.

Last edited:
Anyone whose chief complaint in life is pressing one on the phone really needs to shut the fuck up and find some bigger problems.

What damage? trade wars, broken alliances with our most supportive allies, handing the Pacific Rim trade to China, actions that will do irreparably damage the environment, and leadership by a man that has the morals of a tomcat in heat who praises mass murders like Kim Jon Un and Putin.

What planet are you from? Do really think Trump is going to stop globalization and the flow of people and ideas into this country. You dial 1 for English because 1/4 of all Americans speak languages other than English and that's not going to change. Also the call centers you dial into are international and serve other countries as well as the US. Even Trump's highly publicized efforts to turn American into Aryan/Anglo nation isolated from the world will fail.

Trump isn't going to change any of this but he is going to create more division and hatred. I know conservatives thrive on hatred and division but it's going bite you guys in ass eventually.

That you can blame the pacific rim on Trump over Obama shows the useless partisan hack that you are

What damage? trade wars, broken alliances with our most supportive allies, handing the Pacific Rim trade to China, actions that will do irreparably damage the environment, and leadership by a man that has the morals of a tomcat in heat who praises mass murders like Kim Jon Un and Putin.

What planet are you from? Do really think Trump is going to stop globalization and the flow of people and ideas into this country. You dial 1 for English because 1/4 of all Americans speak languages other than English and that's not going to change. Also the call centers you dial into are international and serve other countries as well as the US. Even Trump's highly publicized efforts to turn American into Aryan/Anglo nation isolated from the world will fail.

That you can blame the pacific rim on Trump over Obama shows the useless partisan hack that you are
Obama had positioned the US as the central nation in the Trans Pacific Partnership which represents roughly 40% of the world's economic output.

When Trump took the US out of the TPP, he and his
advisers were confident that it was doomed and would fall apart and the US would pickup the pieces. However, the organization has arisen with a new plan to carry forward without the US implementing the agreement which will amount to 350 billion in free trade. And guess who is looking at opening negotiations with the TPP. Yep, China. Trump's promise to negotiate bilateral trade agreements with each of these countries is as dead as a door nail now.
In April 2018, Trump said he was considering putting us back in the TPP, however it looks like that boat has sailed thanks to his trade war with China.
Another brilliant move by the Orange Clown.

Last edited:

What damage? trade wars, broken alliances with our most supportive allies, handing the Pacific Rim trade to China, actions that will do irreparably damage to the environment, and leadership by a man that has the morals of a tomcat in heat who praises mass murders like Kim Jon Un and Putin.

What planet are you from? Do really think Trump is going to stop globalization and the flow of people and ideas into this country. You dial 1 for English because 1/4 of all Americans speak languages other than English and that's not going to change. Also the call centers you dial into are international and serve other countries as well as the US. Even Trump's highly publicized efforts to turn American into an Aryan/Anglo nation isolated from the world will fail.

I seem to remember a time not long ago when everybody spoke the same language and things were fine...if not better.

You people one the left complain when Republicans are in charge because you believe they are war mongers. Yet when we have a President trying to get along with enemies, you say they are praising our foes.

But you hit the nail on the head: a quarter of our people speak other languages. Yes, that is a problem because you have a bunch of lazy good for nothings coming here that won't even take the time or effort to learn our language. They expect us to learn theirs. In other words, they are not assimilating.

Trump may not stop the decay of our country, but he can certainly slow it down. That's why we voted him in.

Obama had positioned the US as the central nation in the Trans Pacific Partnership which represents roughly 40% of the world's economic output.

advisers were confident that it was doomed and would fall apart and the US would pickup the pieces. However, the organization has arisen with a new plan to carry forward without the US implementing the agreement which will amount to 350 billion in free trade. And guess who is looking at opening negotiations with the TPP. Yep, China. Trump's promise to negotiate bilateral trade agreements with each of these countries is as dead as a door nail now.
In April 2018, Trump said he was considering putting us back in the TPP, however it looks like that boat has sailed thanks to his trade war with China.

I like anti-free trade leftists lecturing me about tariffs. You're a complete joke. I didn't vote for Trump, but I'm open to his ideas. I agree with some (immigration, business tax cuts) but disagree with others (ME, tariffs).

But you're just a butt hurt leftist who has no intellectual integrity and even flips sides on issues just to attack Trump. You're a pathetic human being who's fundamentally dishonest. This is just a team sport to you. I left the Republican party almost 30 years ago because politics is not a team sport to me. These are real issues with real consequences. You just bend your brain to believe any word that comes out of the Democrat party's ass and you make sure you believe it

Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump:
"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.
/——-/ Illegals use children to play on the emotions of saps to gain entry to the US. We’re not talking about an isolated case, we’re talking about a flood.

Listen to Hillary in 2014. Wants secure borders and send message that it doesn't pay to cross the border. Just because you or your children enter doesn't mean you get to stay. Where are other countries, particularly Mexico, with solutions? The U.S. can't always be the one to handle everything.

You better hope to God that isn't true

I seem to remember a time not long ago when everybody spoke the same language and things were fine...if not better.

You people one the left complain when Republicans are in charge because you believe they are war mongers. Yet when we have a President trying to get along with enemies, you say they are praising our foes.

But you hit the nail on the head: a quarter of our people speak other languages. Yes, that is a problem because you have a bunch of lazy good for nothings coming here that won't even take the time or effort to learn our language. They expect us to learn theirs. In other words, they are not assimilating.

Trump may not stop the decay of our country, but he can certainly slow it down. That's why we voted him in.
-----------------------------------------------yeah Ray , thats the goal , stop the decay or slow it down at least for my lifetime .

Listen to Hillary in 2014. Wants secure borders and send message that it doesn't pay to cross the border. Just because you or your children enter doesn't mean you get to stay. Where are other countries, particularly Mexico, with solutions? The U.S. can't always be the one to handle everything.

--------------------------------------------- looking for ' mexico' to help anything along in the USA is a mistake . mexico is an enemy and think that they need to reconquer the USA because they say that they once owned parts of the USA and at this time they might as well take or get as much as they can get . Its human nature and 'mexico' wants it ALL and will just keep doing as they have been doing and families like the 'bush's' will help the mexicans Clementine .

Last edited:

I'm 55 and all my life until Trump Democrats argued against free trade. This is an issue that Democrats even ate their own on despite that you're lemmings. You attacked Bill for NAFTA. You attacked Hillary for NAFTA and made her disavow it. That's even the one thing you attacked Obama for. Even though it was secretly negotiated by a leftist, you attacked him for TPP. Now with Trump, suddenly leftists are all against tariffs. Including attacking people like me who opposed tariffs all my life and still do.

So a challenge. Show two things:

1) Any post where you opposed tariffs before November 8, 2016

2) Any post where you said to an actual Democrat you oppose tariffs ever

Flopper, where'd you go? Flopper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back