What if an Atheist baker refused to create a religious cake?

Should an atheist baker be allowed to refuse to bake a cake for a religious person, event or group?

Absolutely 'yes'.

He should have the freedom to do business with whomever he likes.

It is in Society's Best Interests - as a matter of keeping the Peace - to insist on non-discrimination in a handful of key areas, such as race.

However, homosexuality is not such a key area... it only impacts 3% (-ish) of the population and is neither terribly important nor a threat to the Peace.

Should an atheist baker be allowed to refuse to bake a cake for a religious person, event or group?

Absolutely 'yes'.

It is in Society's Best Interests - as a matter of keeping the Peace - to insist on non-discrimination in a handful of key areas, such as race.

However, homosexuality is not such a key area... it only impacts 3% (-ish) of the population and is neither terribly important nor a threat to the Peace.

...and there's no evidence I've seen that gays are being turned away in any significant number from jobs and services.

Absolutely 'yes'.

How low does the number have to before people don't deserve equal rights?

Absolutely 'yes'.

How low does the number have to before people don't have equal rights?
In truth, it's not a matter of numbers, it's a matter of sexual deviants and perverts (LGBT), and keeping them out of the faces of Normal Folk.

It just so happens that the numbers are low enough, not to worry about them disturbing the Peace overly much, when suppressing their perversity.

Therefore, they (LGBT) are not a 'key area' with respect to keeping the Peace.

There are many such scenarios - which is why discrimination is hateful and wrong. Period.
Should a Jew be forced to make a cake celebrating Hitler's birthday?

Does the Jew offer Hitler cakes to the general public?

No?

Okay then. He can't be forced to make a Hitler cake for anyone.

Should a black be forced to bake a KKK cake?

Does the black offer KKK cakes to the general public?

No?

Okay then. He can't be forced to make a KKK cake for anyone.

Should a Mexican be forced to bake a cake honouring Cortez?

Does the Mexican offer Cortez cakes to the general public?

No?

Okay then. He can't be forced to make a Cortez cake for anyone.

Are there any other false analogies you care to make?

I do believe you just made his point, g5. Your eagerness to disprove him proved to be your downfall.
I will say it again,freedom is proving to be far to abstract for so many to grasp.
All the teeth gnashing and blubbering is about their own tail catching up with the barking dog,which is them.

There are many such scenarios - which is why discrimination is hateful and wrong. Period.

Then the religious person would find another baker and the atheist baker would lose money and a potential future customer. The free market works.

Absolutely 'yes'.

How low does the number have to before people don't deserve equal rights?

You do not have the right to have a cake baked for you.

Help me out here….I don't get it... why the fag wants to force somebody to bake a fucking cake for him and doesn't bake his own cake or have his mom do it for him?

I doubt that an atheist baker would refuse to make a cake for a religious wedding. After all, it's only business. And if such a baker did, it would be wrong.

That is his right .. Period

I'd be interested to know if anyone would think that a photographer that belongs to PETA would be discriminating against a hunter by refusing to photograph the hunter sitting under the mounted head of his 10 point buck?

Only a hyper religiuos asshole wouldn't do business with someone because their sexual orientation.

Forum List

Back