What if an Atheist baker refused to create a religious cake?

Should an atheist baker be allowed to refuse to bake a cake for a religious person, event or group?

Absolutely 'yes'.

He should have the freedom to do business with whomever he likes.

It is in Society's Best Interests - as a matter of keeping the Peace - to insist on non-discrimination in a handful of key areas, such as race.

However, homosexuality is not such a key area... it only impacts 3% (-ish) of the population and is neither terribly important nor a threat to the Peace.

You might be right if only 3% supported equal rights for gays. Patriotic Americans know that we will never achieve the American ideal until we all enjoy the rights promised by the constitution. The Declaration of Independence didn't say " We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, as long as they constitute more than 3% of the population,

No one has a right to be served by any business, just as you don't have a right to go in other people's homes. They decide who they serve and who the invite in. That's called "freedom of association," a concept turds like you don't understand.

Others have explained how you are wrong multiple times, so no need for me to do it again. I will say that all your whining will do you no good. Equality will win out, and your fears will all come true. Get used to it.

Others have explained how you are wrong multiple times, so no need for me to do it again. I will say that all your whining will do you no good. Equality will win out, and your fears will all come true. Get used to it.
Why do you feel you are entitled to associate with anyone you want, regardless of their opinions and beliefs?

Equality will win out, and your fears will all come true.

Because for thousands of years homosexuals have been denied cake. One day equality will win out and gays will finally know what it is like to walk into a bakery and buy a cake. Until that day, none of us are free. *sob*

Should an atheist baker be allowed to refuse to bake a cake for a religious person, event or group?

Absolutely 'yes'.

It is in Society's Best Interests - as a matter of keeping the Peace - to insist on non-discrimination in a handful of key areas, such as race.

However, homosexuality is not such a key area... it only impacts 3% (-ish) of the population and is neither terribly important nor a threat to the Peace.

You might be right if only 3% supported equal rights for gays. Patriotic Americans know that we will never achieve the American ideal until we all enjoy the rights promised by the constitution. The Declaration of Independence didn't say " We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, as long as they constitute more than 3% of the population,
Men... not sexual deviants and perverts.

You know who else used the same tactic of dehumanizing their enemies? Hitler.

Why do you feel you are entitled to associate with anyone you want, regardless of their opinions and beliefs?

Oh please tell me.

Equality will win out, and your fears will all come true.

Because for thousands of years homosexuals have been denied cake. One day equality will win out and gays will finally know what it is like to walk into a bakery and buy a cake. Until that day, none of us are free. *sob*

The ridiculous whining of a bigot who is beginning to realize he is going to lose.

Oh please tell me.
-I- asked -you- a question - for you to have a valid respone, -you - need to tell me...

Oh please tell me.
-I- asked -you- a question - for you to have a valid respone, -you - need to tell me...

I've dealt with crazy teabagger questions before. It will save us both time if you just tell the answer you are looking for. I know you are trying to make some silly point, so just make it.

Oh please tell me.
I've dealt with crazy teabagger questions before. It will save us both time if you just tell the answer you are looking for.
I cannot answer a question about why you feel a certain way - only you can do that.

Absolutely 'yes'.

No one has a right to be served by any business, just as you don't have a right to go in other people's homes. They decide who they serve and who the invite in. That's called "freedom of association," a concept turds like you don't understand.

Nobody whines more than queers trying to get special privileges for themselves.

No one "explained" how I was wrong. They simply posted their ill-informed opinions. "Equality" is not a right. It's an insolent demand from thugs.

Oh please tell me.

I've dealt with crazy teabagger questions before. It will save us both time if you just tell the answer you are looking for. I know you are trying to make some silly point, so just make it.

He's waiting for you moronic response. We can't start laughing until you give us your opinion.

Absolutely 'yes'.

Men... not sexual deviants and perverts.
You know who else used the same tactic of dehumanizing their enemies? Hitler.

Yes, Hitler made Jews paint yellow stars on their stores so the Nazis could identify them and vandalize them. Hey, that's almost identical to what some of you Komrades in here have proposed. Isn't that amazing?

There are many such scenarios - which is why discrimination is hateful and wrong. Period.

There is nothing wrong with that. You go to another baker who will.
It's the Atheists freedom to do so.
It is not discrimination of a persons religion.
It's discrimination when an Atheist refuses any service to religious people.

Oh please tell me.

BULLDOG is another little puppy dog who is afraid to answer a simple question.

We need a cake Czar. He would regulate the sugar content of cakes, make sure that all bakers get equal pay, cure this terrible problem of gays having no access to baked goods, make sure that all bakeries have separate bathrooms for gays, enforce hate-speech laws on cake writings, and also regulate home-made cakes to ensure that people aren't doing harm to themselves or their fellow Americans at pot lucks.

There are many such scenarios - which is why discrimination is hateful and wrong. Period.
Should a Jew be forced to make a cake celebrating Hitler's birthday?

Does the Jew offer Hitler cakes to the general public?

No?

Okay then. He can't be forced to make a Hitler cake for anyone.

Should a black be forced to bake a KKK cake?

Does the black offer KKK cakes to the general public?

No?

Okay then. He can't be forced to make a KKK cake for anyone.

Should a Mexican be forced to bake a cake honouring Cortez?

Does the Mexican offer Cortez cakes to the general public?

No?

Okay then. He can't be forced to make a Cortez cake for anyone.

Are there any other false analogies you care to make?

I don't think your reasoning holds up. Im guessing the Jew offers cakes to the general public for all sorts of purposes including birthdays but then you say but he doesn't sell Hitler birthday cakes. OK, so the anti gay marriage baker by the same logic can say I don't sell gay wedding cakes.

The logic really doesn't hold up

Oh please tell me.
BULLDOG is another little puppy dog who is afraid to answer a simple question.
Personally, I don't think he understand the question.

Forum List

Back