What if Glenn Beck is Actually Mentally Retarded?

March 14: On The Fox Report anchor Shepard Smith reports that Saddam is planning to use flood water as a weapon by blowing up dams and causing severe flood damage.
Since no proof has been used for this report it is dishonesty.

March 28: Repeated assertions by Fox News anchors of a red ring around Baghdad in which Republican Guard forces were planning to use chemical weapons on coalition forces. A Fox "Breaking News" flash reports that Iraqi soldiers were seen by coalition forces moving 55-gallon drums almost certainly containing chemical agents.

a lie

May 22: O'Reilly fails to live up to his promise to make a big stink if no WMDs are found by today. In his Talking Points Memo he wonders why the U.S. has caught such informed Iraqis as Dr. Germ and Ms. Anthrax and has gotten no leads. He states that more time is needed [contradicting what he said more than a month ago, when he said that if no WMDs were found after 2 months U.S. credibility would be "shot" and there would be big trouble]. He ends his Memo saying Bush must candidly address the situation soon.

this is no mistake, this is a lie.

but i don't expect you to admit you are wrong on this

Fact is Saddam did use water as a weapon. SADDAM water wars

At Karbala, U.S. troops stumbled upon 55-gallon drums of pesticides at what appeared to be a very large "agricultural supply" area, Hanson says. Some of the drums were stored in a "camouflaged bunker complex" that was shown to reporters - with unpleasant results. "More than a dozen soldiers, a Knight-Ridder reporter, a CNN cameraman, and two Iraqi POWs came down with symptoms consistent with exposure to a nerve agent,"

A rocket that can accept toxic chemicals into its warhead near a 55-gallon drum of cyclosarin-based "pesticide" is a chemical weapon, and it should be defined as such.

Oh and I guess O'Reilly lied, if you claim that changing one's opinion is lying.

I'm sure I can find more to defend these Fox reports, but unfortunately I have work to do.
no, the fact is he made a promise, then shirked it, meaning he is a liar.
i guess you didnt see his response to that then
:rolleyes:

no, the fact is he made a promise, then shirked it, meaning he is a liar.

I wouldn't call it lying. But I would say that he should have honored his promise. Breaking a promise is not lying, but it shows a lack of character. One should not make a promise that one is not fully prepared to honor.

saying "i'm going to do this" and not doing "this" is a lie
except he HAS done it

so, are you wrong, or are you lying by saying he hasnt

March 14: On The Fox Report anchor Shepard Smith reports that Saddam is planning to use flood water as a weapon by blowing up dams and causing severe flood damage.

March 28: Repeated assertions by Fox News anchors of a red ring around Baghdad in which Republican Guard forces were planning to use chemical weapons on coalition forces. A Fox "Breaking News" flash reports that Iraqi soldiers were seen by coalition forces moving 55-gallon drums almost certainly containing chemical agents.

a lie

May 22: O'Reilly fails to live up to his promise to make a big stink if no WMDs are found by today. In his Talking Points Memo he wonders why the U.S. has caught such informed Iraqis as Dr. Germ and Ms. Anthrax and has gotten no leads. He states that more time is needed [contradicting what he said more than a month ago, when he said that if no WMDs were found after 2 months U.S. credibility would be "shot" and there would be big trouble]. He ends his Memo saying Bush must candidly address the situation soon.

Fact is Saddam did use water as a weapon. SADDAM water wars

At Karbala, U.S. troops stumbled upon 55-gallon drums of pesticides at what appeared to be a very large "agricultural supply" area, Hanson says. Some of the drums were stored in a "camouflaged bunker complex" that was shown to reporters - with unpleasant results. "More than a dozen soldiers, a Knight-Ridder reporter, a CNN cameraman, and two Iraqi POWs came down with symptoms consistent with exposure to a nerve agent,"

A rocket that can accept toxic chemicals into its warhead near a 55-gallon drum of cyclosarin-based "pesticide" is a chemical weapon, and it should be defined as such.

Oh and I guess O'Reilly lied, if you claim that changing one's opinion is lying.

I'm sure I can find more to defend these Fox reports, but unfortunately I have work to do.
yeah, that old "dual use" nonsense
they were for agricultural use, but were stored in a weapons depot
:rolleyes:

You know, by that definition there are a LOT of things that could be considered chemical weapons.

Just because you find an empty warhead next to pesticide DOES NOT MEAN IT'S A WEAPON!

Most of those things have to be aerosolized (vaporized) in order to be distributed, and not every chemical is capable of that without very specific modifications to it.

Was the pesticide able to be distributed via that manner or not? Hey, I've got a slingshot, some hollow rubber balls and a jug of Roundup in my garage. Does that mean I'm also in possession of chemical weapons and should be invaded?

Last edited:
but that list doesnt prove "lies"
just errors
there IS a difference ya know

a lie

because i'm NOT wrong
a LOT of the news reports at that time said those things
"fog of war"

not lies
same for all those reports of the super dome being a "killing zone" in the aftermath of Katrina

Oh No!!! Logical arguments. Please don't lower the tone! LOL.

Well, if that don't take the cake! You complain about me name calling? Are you for real? Did you happen to notice what I was called? Oh, for Pete's sake.

Grow a spine.

grow a spine? see .you're reverting back to insults when confronted with you dishonesty

No, I'm calling you on your inability to address comment to where they belong. I did not start the childish vitriol - someone else did. Even when provoked, I behaved properly (my Mom would be soooo proud). Yet you chose to whine at me and let the poster who really behaved badly completely off the hook.

You might enjoy debating with me, but I can't return that compliment.... I can only assume that you are either too scared of him in case he turns his nasty ire on you or that you single me out because I am not of your political persuasion. I don't know which, nor do I care. Fact is, I am not dishonest - that's bullshit, and I'm not insulting you - I'm voicing an opinion. If you can't see the difference then you aren't worth the time to debate with.

look, i picked the last comment of the petty fight and adressed it, he saw it too. this is an online community and it is silly to be afraid of words. once again, i did not single you out. notice i said fellas not california girl. and by your logic that guy wasn't insulting you either, he was just voicing his opinion.

I wouldn't call it lying. But I would say that he should have honored his promise. Breaking a promise is not lying, but it shows a lack of character. One should not make a promise that one is not fully prepared to honor.

saying "i'm going to do this" and not doing "this" is a lie
except he HAS done it

so, are you wrong, or are you lying by saying he hasnt

he did not apologize or renounce his trust in the bush administration, so yes it was a lie.

grow a spine? see .you're reverting back to insults when confronted with you dishonesty

No, I'm calling you on your inability to address comment to where they belong. I did not start the childish vitriol - someone else did. Even when provoked, I behaved properly (my Mom would be soooo proud). Yet you chose to whine at me and let the poster who really behaved badly completely off the hook.

You might enjoy debating with me, but I can't return that compliment.... I can only assume that you are either too scared of him in case he turns his nasty ire on you or that you single me out because I am not of your political persuasion. I don't know which, nor do I care. Fact is, I am not dishonest - that's bullshit, and I'm not insulting you - I'm voicing an opinion. If you can't see the difference then you aren't worth the time to debate with.

look, i picked the last comment of the petty fight and adressed it, he saw it too. this is an online community and it is silly to be afraid of words. once again, i did not single you out. notice i said fellas not california girl. and by your logic that guy wasn't insulting you either, he was just voicing his opinion.

There is a difference between voicing an opinion and using vulgar language deliberately to bait someone, don't you think?

Anyway, I'm not gonna fall out with you over it. No point allowing his nastiness to get in the way of decent debate, right?

Well you never proved he made any such promise in the first place. Until then, I regard this as an assumption on your part. Promises are generally made with good intentions, but not all promises can be kept with reasonable justification for the most part.

"If the Americans go in and overthrow Saddam Hussein and it's clean, he has nothing, I will apologize to the nation, and I will not trust the Bush Administration again, all right?"

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Bill_O'Reilly_(commentator)

I was wrong. I am not pleased about it at all and I think all Americans should be concerned about this… What do you want me to do, go over and kiss the camera? Not an apology, but at least he admitted he was wrong

Interesting, your link supplied no direct quotes as a matter of fact is was a "wikiquote" site which states "You can create the Wikiquote Bill O'Reilly " and apparently you can create your own Bill O'Reilly quote.
Bill O'Reilly Quotes
Bill O`Reilly Quotations 3 - Bill O`Reilly Sayings (page 3 of 4)
there you are if you ned more let me know

There is a difference between voicing an opinion and using vulgar language deliberately to bait someone, don't you think?

Anyway, I'm not gonna fall out with you over it. No point allowing his nastiness to get in the way of decent debate, right?

right. but i'll apologize to you, i'm sorry if you felt targeted, it was not intentional in the least bit.

right. but i'll apologize to you, i'm sorry if you felt targeted, it was not intentional in the least bit.

Accepted. I apologize to you too - I was distracted by work when I responded to you. That was a bad move on my part because I reacted more strongly than I would ordinarily do.

Hug?

Accepted. I apologize to you too - I was distracted by work when I responded to you. That was a bad move on my part because I reacted more strongly than I would ordinarily do.

Hug?
eh no. i only hug like three people in my life. thanks though

Hug?
eh no. i only hug like three people in my life. thanks though

Good, I'm not a hugger either. We have so much in common. LOL

"If the Americans go in and overthrow Saddam Hussein and it's clean, he has nothing, I will apologize to the nation, and I will not trust the Bush Administration again, all right?"

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Bill_O'Reilly_(commentator)

I was wrong. I am not pleased about it at all and I think all Americans should be concerned about this… What do you want me to do, go over and kiss the camera? Not an apology, but at least he admitted he was wrong

Interesting, your link supplied no direct quotes as a matter of fact is was a "wikiquote" site which states "You can create the Wikiquote Bill O'Reilly " and apparently you can create your own Bill O'Reilly quote.
Bill O'Reilly Quotes

Ok, so what's your complaint? He clearly stated that if "nothing was found" he would apologize to the nation etc...Well, here's the rub....weapons of mass destruction were found and here again by Danish troops. So arguably something was found, and something isn't nothing.

Bill O'Reilly Quotes

Ok, so what's your complaint? He clearly stated that if "nothing was found" he would apologize to the nation etc...Well, here's the rub....weapons of mass destruction were found and here again by Danish troops. So arguably something was found, and something isn't nothing.

at the time nothing was found

Listen people, yes........Saddam DID have chemical weapons, but those were the only WMD type weapons that he had, which he'd bought from us.

He wasn't going to use them on US troops, as he'd already used them in an attempt to eliminate the Kurds.

WMD's was just an excuse to justify a war for oil and pride.

at the time nothing was found

Did Bill give a deadline saying if nothing was found by a certain day he'll apologize to the nation etc...?

Listen people, yes........Saddam DID have chemical weapons, but those were the only WMD type weapons that he had, which he'd bought from us.

He wasn't going to use them on US troops, as he'd already used them in an attempt to eliminate the Kurds.

WMD's was just an excuse to justify a war for oil and pride.

How much oil did we manage to get?

We didn't manage to get any because Bush Jr was a complete fucking moron.

Remember in 2004 when RumsFAILED said that we'd only have to pay out 1 billion, as the savings in oil revenues would pay for the rest of the war?

Bush Jr. helped put the governments in place in Pakistan and Afghanistan incidentally, and we've been screwed over by them ever since.

Remember when Bush Jr. went over TWICE to beg for oil and was refused each time by Saudi?

Face it.........the Iraq war was based on a lie and has been the biggest abortion this country has had since 'Nam.

Forum List

Back