What if Glenn Beck is Actually Mentally Retarded?

lewrockwell is a libertarian website. these are all REAL quotes and lies regardless
but that list doesnt prove "lies"
just errors
there IS a difference ya know

March 14: On The Fox Report anchor Shepard Smith reports that Saddam is planning to use flood water as a weapon by blowing up dams and causing severe flood damage.
Since no proof has been used for this report it is dishonesty.

March 28: Repeated assertions by Fox News anchors of a red ring around Baghdad in which Republican Guard forces were planning to use chemical weapons on coalition forces. A Fox "Breaking News" flash reports that Iraqi soldiers were seen by coalition forces moving 55-gallon drums almost certainly containing chemical agents.

a lie

May 22: O'Reilly fails to live up to his promise to make a big stink if no WMDs are found by today. In his Talking Points Memo he wonders why the U.S. has caught such informed Iraqis as Dr. Germ and Ms. Anthrax and has gotten no leads. He states that more time is needed [contradicting what he said more than a month ago, when he said that if no WMDs were found after 2 months U.S. credibility would be "shot" and there would be big trouble]. He ends his Memo saying Bush must candidly address the situation soon.

this is no mistake, this is a lie.

but i don't expect you to admit you are wrong on this

I'm just going to respond to one of your articles. Our forces did find chemical suits and syringes with antidotes for I believe it was mustard gas. They found them in schools ,hospitals, and other areas....one could make an assumption on that...without it being a lie.

I do think your using that one site you posted with these paragraphs that had nothing more than.... March 13: blah, blah, blah. That is not a credible source, Eric. You need to do better homework, if you want these to be taken as credible facts. It looks more like here say, than anything else.

Last edited:
but that list doesnt prove "lies"
just errors
there IS a difference ya know

March 14: On The Fox Report anchor Shepard Smith reports that Saddam is planning to use flood water as a weapon by blowing up dams and causing severe flood damage.

March 28: Repeated assertions by Fox News anchors of a red ring around Baghdad in which Republican Guard forces were planning to use chemical weapons on coalition forces. A Fox "Breaking News" flash reports that Iraqi soldiers were seen by coalition forces moving 55-gallon drums almost certainly containing chemical agents.

a lie

May 22: O'Reilly fails to live up to his promise to make a big stink if no WMDs are found by today. In his Talking Points Memo he wonders why the U.S. has caught such informed Iraqis as Dr. Germ and Ms. Anthrax and has gotten no leads. He states that more time is needed [contradicting what he said more than a month ago, when he said that if no WMDs were found after 2 months U.S. credibility would be "shot" and there would be big trouble]. He ends his Memo saying Bush must candidly address the situation soon.

Fact is Saddam did use water as a weapon. SADDAM water wars

At Karbala, U.S. troops stumbled upon 55-gallon drums of pesticides at what appeared to be a very large "agricultural supply" area, Hanson says. Some of the drums were stored in a "camouflaged bunker complex" that was shown to reporters - with unpleasant results. "More than a dozen soldiers, a Knight-Ridder reporter, a CNN cameraman, and two Iraqi POWs came down with symptoms consistent with exposure to a nerve agent,"

A rocket that can accept toxic chemicals into its warhead near a 55-gallon drum of cyclosarin-based "pesticide" is a chemical weapon, and it should be defined as such.

Oh and I guess O'Reilly lied, if you claim that changing one's opinion is lying.

I'm sure I can find more to defend these Fox reports, but unfortunately I have work to do.
no, the fact is he made a promise, then shirked it, meaning he is a liar.

Whiner needs some anger management.

Or maybe Mommy needs to cut down his sugar intake.

easy fellas. i know we're all capable of intelligent discussion right?

It is others that attack me, not the other way around. If you want to address comments about intelligent discussion, I suggest you look to the source, not the reaction to that source. Or are you just too partisan to cope with the fact that it is a left wing idiot making nasty childish personal attacks to a right winger? Genuine question.

Or maybe Mommy needs to cut down his sugar intake.

It is others that attack me, not the other way around. If you want to address comments about intelligent discussion, I suggest you look to the source, not the reaction to that source. Or are you just too partisan to cope with the fact that it is a left wing idiot making nasty childish personal attacks to a right winger? Genuine question.

responding in an unintelligent way makes you just as responsible for childish behavior.
and i said fellas, not specifically you california girl.

a lie

At Karbala, U.S. troops stumbled upon 55-gallon drums of pesticides at what appeared to be a very large "agricultural supply" area, Hanson says. Some of the drums were stored in a "camouflaged bunker complex" that was shown to reporters - with unpleasant results. "More than a dozen soldiers, a Knight-Ridder reporter, a CNN cameraman, and two Iraqi POWs came down with symptoms consistent with exposure to a nerve agent,"

A rocket that can accept toxic chemicals into its warhead near a 55-gallon drum of cyclosarin-based "pesticide" is a chemical weapon, and it should be defined as such.

Oh and I guess O'Reilly lied, if you claim that changing one's opinion is lying.

I'm sure I can find more to defend these Fox reports, but unfortunately I have work to do.

I wouldn't call it lying. But I would say that he should have honored his promise. Breaking a promise is not lying, but it shows a lack of character. One should not make a promise that one is not fully prepared to honor.

I wouldn't call it lying. But I would say that he should have honored his promise. Breaking a promise is not lying, but it shows a lack of character. One should not make a promise that one is not fully prepared to honor.

saying "i'm going to do this" and not doing "this" is a lie

O'Rly lied. But thats a big jump to make to "fox lied".

It's just semantics, either way - he did not honor his promise and that was most certainly wrong.

I think we may be getting too bogged down in what defines a 'lie'. I personally recognize that pretty much everyone lies at some time about some things. So arguing over who 'lies' and who doesn't is a bit of a waste of time. Some lies are subjective - a lie to someone and a misspeak or stretch of the truth or whatever to another.

ALL news organizations spin. They ALL deliberately put their own slant on stories or reporting. That is the way our media is now. In order to fact, we need to cull through the crap and just pull out the facts. That is hard work to be honest but Fox are actually no better and no worse than the rest.

It's just semantics, either way - he did not honor his promise and that was most certainly wrong.

I think we may be getting too bogged down in what defines a 'lie'. I personally recognize that pretty much everyone lies at some time about some things. So arguing over who 'lies' and who doesn't is a bit of a waste of time. Some lies are subjective - a lie to someone and a misspeak or stretch of the truth or whatever to another.

ALL news organizations spin. They ALL deliberately put their own slant on stories or reporting. That is the way our media is now. In order to fact, we need to cull through the crap and just pull out the facts. That is hard work to be honest but Fox are actually no better and no worse than the rest.

with this i agree. we need a libertarian news outlet

Here is smomething for eric.
Munitions Found in Iraq Renew Debate - washingtonpost.com

The Sound of Silence: Iraq's WMDs Found - Joe Mariani - MensNewsDaily.com™

Even though they were old...I bet your neighborhoond wouldn't want it buried your backyard, Eric

responding in an unintelligent way makes you just as responsible for childish behavior.
and i said fellas, not specifically you california girl.

Respectfully (and I do mean that), no it does not. I have avoided responding to that poster simply because it is beneath me to do so. However, that others have taken issue with him is to their credit. His comments about me are vicious, childish and stupid. He is hung by his own words - I have done nothing to provoke it or respond - other than to neg rep what I belileved to be something worth a neg rep.

I respect only people who argue on issues but that particular poster insists on being personally insulting towards me. That is his right, I don't seek to silence him but I certainly will not accept others telling me and those who choose to defend me to task.

You want to keep the thread on track - so do I. So perhaps you should address your comments where they are deserved.

Even though they were old...I bet your neighborhoond wouldn't want it buried your backyard, Eric
how the fuck do you continue to misspell my name?

a lie

Prove that O'Reilly made any such promise. Perhaps a youtube clip or a show transcript.

My bad, EriK

But...that's it...I misspelled your name? No comment?

Last edited:

My bad, EriK

But...that's it...I misspelled your name? No comment?

when you bring refuting evidence it's hard to debate without further research into it. i may come up with an argument, or may not find anything. you did well sir.

Situations change and shit happens. There have been many times I promised my kids I'd take them horseback riding, but due to factors beyond my control, like a storm blowing in or being called out to work made it impossible to keep said promises. Now does that make me a liar? You are beginning to sound more like gaybikershitforbrains with every post. (not an insult, just an observation)

Situations change and shit happens. There have been many times I promised my kids I'd take them horseback riding, but due to factors beyond my control, like a storm blowing in or being called out to work made it impossible to keep said promises. Now does that make me a liar? You are beginning to sound more like gaybikershitforbrains with every post. (not an insult, just an observation)

your situation is different. you have a legit reason. what is his reason for it?

Actually, what we really need is a straight no agenda driven pure news outlet. Unfortunately, that is impossible to achieve. Any such outlet would need to be funded by someone and with funding comes an agenda. Who pays the piper, picks the tune.

Actually, what we really need is a straight no agenda driven pure news outlet. Unfortunately, that is impossible to achieve. Any such outlet would need to be funded by someone and with funding comes an agenda. Who pays the piper, picks the tune.

it could go all pbs on our asses.

it could go all pbs on our asses.

That's the plan of Mark Lloyd ("Diversity Czar") at the FCC. His role model for media is Venuezula.... wonderful. PBS.... government controlled media. Is that what you think will solve our news problem. Because I sure as hell don't. In fact, it is the worst possible outcome but it is possible that it will happen.

As we speak, plans are moving to silence talk radio. And it is quite likely to succeed.

Forum List

Back