What if she didn't have a gun?

Funny I've shot down every pro gun argument there is on this thread...

Only in your mind.

You are so out of touch with reality you're in danger of being put on ignore by anyone smart enough to stop arguing with you. You are a worse time waster than Twitter.

Sorry but I haven't heard a single good reason not to register guns and require background checks on all sales. Just a lot of pro criminal arguments.

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. That's the single best reason to not register firearms.

Some states? I don't think it is very many. And regardless, all gun sales should require a background check. It's just common sense.

It doesn't really matter as only a small percentage of guns are sold from private owners to other private owners.

It's not the problem you seem to think it is.

Well if it's such a small percentage you have no reason to be against it. Unless your a criminal of course.

So, you feel you should regulate people's property rights because it's a small percentage of transactions?

Only in your mind.

You are so out of touch with reality you're in danger of being put on ignore by anyone smart enough to stop arguing with you. You are a worse time waster than Twitter.

Sorry but I haven't heard a single good reason not to register guns and require background checks on all sales. Just a lot of pro criminal arguments.

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. That's the single best reason to not register firearms.
More than just that: The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.

Registration can not and will not prevent people from committing crimes with guns. As such, it is impossible to show that the state has a compelling interest in knowing who owns how many of what kind of firearm. Absent that compelling interest, it is impssoble to argue that registration is contitutionally permissible.

:dunno:

It doesn't really matter as only a small percentage of guns are sold from private owners to other private owners.

It's not the problem you seem to think it is.

Well if it's such a small percentage you have no reason to be against it. Unless your a criminal of course.

So, you feel you should regulate people's property rights because it's a small percentage of transactions?

Didn't say it was a small percentage. Spiderman said that. We should regulate them because they are being used by criminals to kill lots of people.

More than just that: The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.

Registration can not and will not prevent people from committing crimes with guns. As such, it is impossible to show that the state has a compelling interest in knowing who owns how many of what kind of firearm. Absent that compelling interest, it is impssoble to argue that registration is contitutionally permissible.

Registration would help keep guns away from criminals. Clearly you want criminals to have guns.

Didn't say it was a small percentage. Spiderman said that. We should regulate them because they are being used by criminals to kill lots of people.

Is that lots of people like there are lots of denials?

Registration would help keep guns away from criminals. Clearly you want criminals to have guns.

Clearly you think unicorns are real.

Well we typically have over 16,000 homicides with firearms a year. That seems like quite a lot of dead people to me.

Last edited:

Clearly you think unicorns are real.

Based on your own arguments they would help.

Well we typically have over 16,000 homicides with firearms a year. That seems like quite a lot of dead people to me.

We typically have over 2 million deaths a year in the US. Suddenly 16,000 doesn't seem like such a big number, does it?

FASTSTATS - Deaths and Mortality

We typically have over 2 million deaths a year in the US. Suddenly 16,000 doesn't seem like such a big number, does it?

No 16,000 deaths is still a lot of deaths. Frankly if the checks have stopped just one mass shooting it is more than worth it. You have such little value of life. You must be pro life.

9/11 was 2,977 deaths. We started 2 wars because of it. So yes 16,000 is a ton of deaths.

In the Iraq war we lost 4,487 troops. And that was a war. So yes 16,000 is a ton of deaths.

Never mind the number of firearm related homicides is more like 8500-9000 - out of 300,000,000 guns.
Thats 0.0029%.

Last edited:

Never mind the number of firearm related homicides is more like 8500-9000 - out of 300,000,000 millin guns.
Thats 0.0029%.

And still 3X as many deaths as 9/11. Wow I have really reduced you guys to having to argue that life is worth so little that these aren't a lot of deaths. Are you pro life m14? If so you might want to rethink that. Sorry but your never going to get a majority of people to believe these aren't a ton of deaths. It's more deaths than wars.

Yeah, but Brainless wants to work on preventing one that causes much much fewer. As if it's more important.

Maybe he should work on heart disease. 590,000 per year.

Braindead keeps getting her ass kicked and then claims victory.

I caught you lying and then trying to cover with another lie. Sorry but that is you getting kicked.

I didn't lie dumbass. The discussion was background check for gun sales. I understood it to mean sales from a dealer since you brought up the word "loophole" for the simple fact there is no background check loopholes in private sales since no background check is required, no law required = no loophole in the law.

Now you just got your ass kicked again.

This is fun!

Forum List

Back