What if she didn't have a gun?

Well if your gun is registered and you know you'll go to jail for selling it without a background check your much less likely to sell it to a criminal. duh
Damn, you are even dumber than I thought, which means you have a negative IQ.

Sorry, but YOU just used the very same logic for why a dealer wouldn't sell without a background check. Your just embarrassing yourself now.

I did not, I pointed out why a dealer wouldn't risk selling in a specific environment that is crawling with local, state, and federal cops. Kinda like criminals rarely break into police stations in search of drugs.

It is a huge number? Compared to what? The FBI said there were 16.8 million background checks in 2012 alone. You pointed out that there were 88,479 denials in that same period. That is less than 1% of the total background checks for that year. If we extrapolate that through the entire period that means that over 200 million background checks occurred since the FBI started tracking.

Since what you actually claimed earlier is that they stopped 1 million sales to criminals, and I conclusively proved they didn't, you were lying. The proof f that is that, instead of admitting you were wrong, you are now repeating an irrelevant statisitic in the hope that no one will notice that you are a lying sack of shit.

I did.

No you haven't provided any proof that it is less than 1 million. Post a link to the stat that says it is? Until you do I think the over million stat on the fbi website holds. And frankly it could be a much lower number and it's still very successful. If it was 100,000 you'd prefer those criminals were able to buy their guns?

I never said it was less than 1 million, did I? I said that your claim that background checks stopped 1 million sales to criminals is absurd, and challenged you to back it up. You can't, and you know it, which is why you are now babbling incoherently and throwing around irrelevant statistics.

Can't back it up any better than FBI stats, which I have done.

Well it works for machine guns. :) So no not naïve at all.

It actually doesn't.

Well actually it does. We discussed this earlier. They are almost never used in crime now after being very popular previously. :)

Despite the fact that it is actually easier to get a fully automatic weapon now than it was when they were popular.

But, somehow, that proves that the tough laws make it harder for criminals to get guns.

Damn, you are even dumber than I thought, which means you have a negative IQ.

Sorry, but YOU just used the very same logic for why a dealer wouldn't sell without a background check. Your just embarrassing yourself now.

I did not, I pointed out why a dealer wouldn't risk selling in a specific environment that is crawling with local, state, and federal cops. Kinda like criminals rarely break into police stations in search of drugs.

And if you own a registered firearm and sell it, you will be caught. If jail time keeps dealers from selling then it will keep private owners from selling. Thanks for your support. Your trying to have it both ways. That's just dishonest debate.

No you haven't provided any proof that it is less than 1 million. Post a link to the stat that says it is? Until you do I think the over million stat on the fbi website holds. And frankly it could be a much lower number and it's still very successful. If it was 100,000 you'd prefer those criminals were able to buy their guns?

I never said it was less than 1 million, did I? I said that your claim that background checks stopped 1 million sales to criminals is absurd, and challenged you to back it up. You can't, and you know it, which is why you are now babbling incoherently and throwing around irrelevant statistics.

Which doesn't back it up at all, which makes you a lying sack of shit.

Every single gun sold by a dealer at every single gun show goes thru a background check, else the dealer breaks the law.

Not every, but most like I said.

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

Dealers will lose their license and end up in prison if they sell a gun to a friend out of their garage without a background check, do you really think they will risk making a sale at a gun show that is crawling with cops and ATF agents without a background check?

You really don't know gun laws very well do you? For one you don't have to be a dealer in some states to sell guns at a gun show. While only a few require it at gun shows. The majority are dealers while some are selling from their private collection.
http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/fact-sheets/2008/the-gun-show-myth.aspx

Like I said most do, but not every. ;)
Stop thinking so hard.

It actually doesn't.

Well actually it does. We discussed this earlier. They are almost never used in crime now after being very popular previously. :)

Despite the fact that it is actually easier to get a fully automatic weapon now than it was when they were popular.

But, somehow, that proves that the tough laws make it harder for criminals to get guns.

Sure it might be easier for people to get them LEGALLY. But clearly it's more difficult for criminals to get them.

And if you own a registered firearm and sell it, you will be caught. If jail time keeps dealers from selling then it will keep private owners from selling. Thanks for your support. Your trying to have it both ways. That's just dishonest debate.

Simply report it stolen, end of tracking the weapon, and your absurd fantasy that registered guns are safer than non registered guns.

Dealers will lose their license and end up in prison if they sell a gun to a friend out of their garage without a background check, do you really think they will risk making a sale at a gun show that is crawling with cops and ATF agents without a background check?

You really don't know gun laws very well do you? For one you don't have to be a dealer in some states to sell guns at a gun show. While only a few require it at gun shows. The majority are dealers while some are selling from their private collection.
NRA-ILA | The Gun Show Myth

Like I said most do, but not every. ;)
Stop thinking so hard.

And?

Sure it might be easier for people to get them LEGALLY. But clearly it's more difficult for criminals to get them.

Which explains why there are more of them on the street now than there was 20 years ago.

Unless the FBI and ATF are lying, which would sort of destroy every argument you are making.

So the FBI website saying over 1 million denials doesn't back it up? :cuckoo: Sorry but that's exactly what it does.

Simply report it stolen, end of tracking the weapon, and your absurd fantasy that registered guns are safer than non registered guns.

And how many times do you think somebody could do that? Sorry, but you've already supported that it will work with your own arguments. Thank you.

Which explains why there are more of them on the street now than there was 20 years ago.

Unless the FBI and ATF are lying, which would sort of destroy every argument you are making.

Ok back that stat up.

And how many times do you think somebody could do that? Sorry, but you've already supported that it will work with your own arguments. Thank you.

It only takes one canoe accident to lose every gun you own.

So the FBI website saying over 1 million denials doesn't back it up? :cuckoo: Sorry but that's exactly what it does.

Your claim was that they prevented 1 million sales to criminals, not that there were 1 million denials. You are a lying sack of shit.

And you haven't shown that it hasn't prevented over a million sales to criminals, and you can't. But we do know there have been well over a million denials. So even if some of them were overturned chances are it's still over a million. Regardless, it's a huge number which was my point all along.

It only takes one canoe accident to lose every gun you own.

And if you sell your registered gun to a criminal you will be caught. And just like dealers, that's why they won't do it.

Ok back that stat up.

You want me to back up things when you can't back up your claims?

Borderland Beat: 147 Assault Rifles Seized in Laredo Texas

You really don't know gun laws very well do you? For one you don't have to be a dealer in some states to sell guns at a gun show.
None of this changes the fact that every single gun sold by a dealer at a gun show gets a background check, else the dealer is breaking the law.
Why do you choose to not accept this reality?

Forum List

Back