What if she didn't have a gun?

Funny I've shot down every pro gun argument there is on this thread...

Only in your mind.

You are so out of touch with reality you're in danger of being put on ignore by anyone smart enough to stop arguing with you. You are a worse time waster than Twitter.

Sorry but I haven't heard a single good reason not to register guns and require background checks on all sales. Just a lot of pro criminal arguments.

You define good as something you agree with, so that makes it really easy to claim nothing is good.

Guy, STFU.

There is no way possible to make sure that happens. Not even total confiscations will assure that you brainless twit!!!!!!

Registering would make sure that the vast majority of them went through background checks. If a sale doesn't go through a background check it could be tracked to the owner who sold it without one.

Keep telling yourself that, it probably makes you feel almost as smart as when you claimed that background checks actually prevented 1 million gun sales to criminals. Remember how I called that absurd, and you proved I was right?

Wait are you the same person who just said this?

Dealers will lose their license and end up in prison if they sell a gun to a friend out of their garage without a background check, do you really think they will risk making a sale at a gun show that is crawling with cops and ATF agents without a background check?

Seems like going to jail will stop people from selling guns to criminals when it's convenient for you eh?

No you have not provided any number or stats to counter the over 1 million. So it stands.

3rd paragraph bottom. I think my 6 year old could find it.

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

Except that a denial does not actually mean that a gun sale is stopped because they are all subject to appeal, and the FBI, for some strange reason, only publishes stats on appeals that are processed through the Voluntary Appeal File where a person can tell the FBI to keep a file on them that proves that they can legally buy a gun. They then issue you a UPIN ID that you can use to preempt the denial before it happens. Despite this process, they still manage to deny people who fall into this category. If they actually deny people they already know can buy a gun because they have a file that proves it, how often do you think they deny people without a file that can actually buy a gun?
FBI ? NICS Appeals Brochure - In English
You are thinking too hard.
Translation:
You know you do not have an effective response to the points he made.

Things like this never happen, but I still think we should have the right to carry a gun.

Ashley Marie Hurd, 26, a driver for Domino’s Pizza, took the order to a house on the 200 block of Stuart Avenue about 10 p.m., a police report said.
When she arrived, a man was standing outside, and she told him how much the bill was, said Lt. Todd Joyce, Fayetteville police spokesman.
As she was doing so, Joyce said, a second man, wearing a dark-colored jacket, came around from the side of the house.

The man put something to the back of Hurd’s head and demanded money, Joyce said.

Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon « Hot Air

But, but, but, guns kill people :eusa_shifty:

As well she should be.

The first time a pizza delivery person shoots someone who makes them nervous, that's a nice big deep pocket for the lawyers of the deceased to tap into.

^ point proven. Prefers unarmed victim to a woman explaining how some thug got that fatal bullet wound.

Well, when we are all so scared of each other than we all pack heat, this is a good thing to you, how?

Hey, guess how many gun murders we had last year? 11,000!

Guess how many gun murders JAPAN had last year? 11.

Then it's pretty important for us to have a gun to defend ourselves.

To date, NICS queries of criminal databases have resulted in 1,065,090 denials, with 88,479 in 2012 alone.

Is that your admission that you lied, or are you just repeating the same nonsense in the hope that people won't notice that you are a lying sack of shit?

Nothing nonsense about it. It's from the fbi website. Over 1,065,090 denials. That is a huge number. Thankfully we have those background checks.

It is a huge number? Compared to what? The FBI said there were 16.8 million background checks in 2012 alone. You pointed out that there were 88,479 denials in that same period. That is less than 1% of the total background checks for that year. If we extrapolate that through the entire period that means that over 200 million background checks occurred since the FBI started tracking.

Since what you actually claimed earlier is that they stopped 1 million sales to criminals, and I conclusively proved they didn't, you were lying. The proof f that is that, instead of admitting you were wrong, you are now repeating an irrelevant statisitic in the hope that no one will notice that you are a lying sack of shit.

I did.

Well if it's such a small percentage you have no reason to be against it. Unless your a criminal of course.

Why is it you control freaks love to focus on the minutia and not the real problem of gang violence which is the cause of 80% of all gun murders?

If we registered all guns and required background checks for all sales then it would be harder for gangs to get them. So it is about gang violence and any other gun crimes.

Except the ATF actually tells us, if you bother to look, that most criminals get their guns from illegal sources, not family and friends. Want to tell me how requiring everyone to check up on their friends is going to prevent that?

frontline: hot guns: "How Criminals Get Guns" | PBS

No answer? What a surprise.

Not.

If we registered all guns and required background checks for all sales then it would be harder for gangs to get them. So it is about gang violence and any other gun crimes.

And just how do you propose you get criminals to obey that law?

Well if your gun is registered and you know you'll go to jail for selling it without a background check your much less likely to sell it to a criminal. duh
Damn, you are even dumber than I thought, which means you have a negative IQ.

Is that your admission that you lied, or are you just repeating the same nonsense in the hope that people won't notice that you are a lying sack of shit?

Nothing nonsense about it. It's from the fbi website. Over 1,065,090 denials. That is a huge number. Thankfully we have those background checks.

It is a huge number? Compared to what? The FBI said there were 16.8 million background checks in 2012 alone. You pointed out that there were 88,479 denials in that same period. That is less than 1% of the total background checks for that year. If we extrapolate that through the entire period that means that over 200 million background checks occurred since the FBI started tracking.

Since what you actually claimed earlier is that they stopped 1 million sales to criminals, and I conclusively proved they didn't, you were lying. The proof f that is that, instead of admitting you were wrong, you are now repeating an irrelevant statisitic in the hope that no one will notice that you are a lying sack of shit.

I did.

No you haven't provided any proof that it is less than 1 million. Post a link to the stat that says it is? Until you do I think the over million stat on the fbi website holds. And frankly it could be a much lower number and it's still very successful. If it was 100,000 you'd prefer those criminals were able to buy their guns?

Except that a denial does not actually mean that a gun sale is stopped because they are all subject to appeal, and the FBI, for some strange reason, only publishes stats on appeals that are processed through the Voluntary Appeal File where a person can tell the FBI to keep a file on them that proves that they can legally buy a gun. They then issue you a UPIN ID that you can use to preempt the denial before it happens. Despite this process, they still manage to deny people who fall into this category. If they actually deny people they already know can buy a gun because they have a file that proves it, how often do you think they deny people without a file that can actually buy a gun?

Are you suggesting it's not still a huge number of denials?

I am saying it is an insignificant number of denials when you understand math.

That probably explains why you think it is huge.

And just how do you propose you get criminals to obey that law?

Well if your gun is registered and you know you'll go to jail for selling it without a background check your much less likely to sell it to a criminal. duh
Damn, you are even dumber than I thought, which means you have a negative IQ.

Sorry, but YOU just used the very same logic for why a dealer wouldn't sell without a background check. Your just embarrassing yourself now.

You are thinking too hard.

I doubt it, it was actually pretty easy.

Are you suggesting it's not still a huge number of denials?

I am saying it is an insignificant number of denials when you understand math.

That probably explains why you think it is huge.

I think criminals with guns is pretty serious. Just one can lead to a murder. Sorry you look at murder so lightly.

Oh like it's against the law to drive drunk?

Like it's against the law to speed

Like it's against the law to _________ (fill in the blank)

Are you that naive?

Well it works for machine guns. :) So no not naïve at all.

It actually doesn't.

Not every, but most like I said.

Dealers will lose their license and end up in prison if they sell a gun to a friend out of their garage without a background check, do you really think they will risk making a sale at a gun show that is crawling with cops and ATF agents without a background check?

What? You mean they would go to jail and that keeps them from doing it? Wow you just supported background checks on private sales. Thank you.

Yeah, that's what I said.

Registering would make sure that the vast majority of them went through background checks. If a sale doesn't go through a background check it could be tracked to the owner who sold it without one.

Keep telling yourself that, it probably makes you feel almost as smart as when you claimed that background checks actually prevented 1 million gun sales to criminals. Remember how I called that absurd, and you proved I was right?

Seems like going to jail will stop people from selling guns to criminals when it's convenient for you eh?

No you have not provided any number or stats to counter the over 1 million. So it stands.

Are you the same person who named yourself brain?

Are you the same person who named yourself brain?

Yes, at least your getting schooled by someone smart.

I did.

No you haven't provided any proof that it is less than 1 million. Post a link to the stat that says it is? Until you do I think the over million stat on the fbi website holds. And frankly it could be a much lower number and it's still very successful. If it was 100,000 you'd prefer those criminals were able to buy their guns?

I never said it was less than 1 million, did I? I said that your claim that background checks stopped 1 million sales to criminals is absurd, and challenged you to back it up. You can't, and you know it, which is why you are now babbling incoherently and throwing around irrelevant statistics.

Forum List

Back