What if Trump compromised with the democrats to dump Obama care and gave them

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Free public college? Kinda of an interesting article...

Here's Exactly How Much the Government Would Have to Spend to Make Public College Tuition-Free

How much would free public community college cost?

A mere $62.6 billion dollars!

According to new Department of Education data, that's how much tuition public colleges collected from undergraduates in 2012 across the entire United States. And I'm not being facetious with the word mere, either. The New America Foundationsays that the federal government spent a whole $69 billion in 2013 on its hodgepodge of financial aid programs, such as Pell Grants for low-income students, tax breaks, work study funding. And that doesn't even include loans.

4a0bb9b4e.png

If we were we scrapping our current system and starting from scratch, Washington could make public college tuition free with the money it sets aside its scattershot attempts to make college affordable today.

Nothing is free. Someone has to pay the bill and that someone is the taxpayers of America.

I'm not interested in paying for someone's college. I'm not interested in bankrolling anyones life for them.

Nothing is free. Someone has to pay the bill and that someone is the taxpayers of America.

I'm not interested in paying for someone's college. I'm not interested in bankrolling anyones life for them.
The junior colleges are affordable now, most will have to work like I did on the side to pay for rent and books..
Now the private colleges are a different story, but if a kid worked super hard in high school they could get a scholarship.

Now healthcare needs a overhaul, get the corruption out of there with all of the hands making money off of the sick and we would be fine...
But too many like that money so the overhaul will never happen.

There solution fixed....

Here's Exactly How Much the Government Would Have to Spend to Make Public College Tuition-Free

According to new Department of Education data, that's how much tuition public colleges collected from undergraduates in 2012 across the entire United States. And I'm not being facetious with the word mere, either. The New America Foundationsays that the federal government spent a whole $69 billion in 2013 on its hodgepodge of financial aid programs, such as Pell Grants for low-income students, tax breaks, work study funding. And that doesn't even include loans.

4a0bb9b4e.png

If we were we scrapping our current system and starting from scratch, Washington could make public college tuition free with the money it sets aside its scattershot attempts to make college affordable today.
many developed nations have universal education for all its' citizens some of them even pay their students a basic income while they go to school in addition to free college.

1. Brazil: Brazil’s universities charge registration fees, Noack notes, but they do not require regular tuition. Many of them also offer courses in English.

2. Germany: Germany has 900 programs in English, and is eager to attract foreign students to tuition-free universities due to the country’s shortage of skilled workers.

3. Finland: Finland doesn’t have tuition fees but the government does warn foreigners that they have to cover living expenses. Imagine going to college and only worrying about room and board.

4. France: France does charge tuition – but normally around 200 dollars at public universities. A far cry from what you’d pay in the United States, even in a state school.

5. Norway: Norwegian students, including foreigners studying in the country, do not have to pay any college tuition. Be forewarned, however, of the harsh winters and high cost of living.

6. Slovenia: If Eastern Europe is more your thing, Noack notes that Slovenia has 150 English-language programs, and only charges a registration fee – no tuition.

7. Sweden: Sweden, a country which has so successfully solved so many of its social problems that there are now U.S. Sitcoms about the glories of moving there, has over 300 English-language programs. Although college there is free, cost of living may be pricey for foreigners.

7 countries where college is free

the problem isn't that it doesn't work or isn't affodable or it isn't "worth the investment" its that America is an extremely racist country and they dont want blacks Hispanics naitve americans etc to be educated in the first place they want them to be dumb as rocks and have a class of educated wealthy white people in charge of them. The best way to ensure that is too abolish public schools which is a centuries long goal of the KKK and currently fought for goal in the republican party which has virtually become the political wing of the KKK. Just as they didn't want slaves to learn to read and write they dont want black and brown people today learning to either except they can't chop off their hands anymore like they used too.

4a0bb9b4e.png

many developed nations have universal education for all its' citizens some of them even pay their students a basic income while they go to school in addition to free college.

1. Brazil: Brazil’s universities charge registration fees, Noack notes, but they do not require regular tuition. Many of them also offer courses in English.

2. Germany: Germany has 900 programs in English, and is eager to attract foreign students to tuition-free universities due to the country’s shortage of skilled workers.

3. Finland: Finland doesn’t have tuition fees but the government does warn foreigners that they have to cover living expenses. Imagine going to college and only worrying about room and board.

4. France: France does charge tuition – but normally around 200 dollars at public universities. A far cry from what you’d pay in the United States, even in a state school.

5. Norway: Norwegian students, including foreigners studying in the country, do not have to pay any college tuition. Be forewarned, however, of the harsh winters and high cost of living.

6. Slovenia: If Eastern Europe is more your thing, Noack notes that Slovenia has 150 English-language programs, and only charges a registration fee – no tuition.

7. Sweden: Sweden, a country which has so successfully solved so many of its social problems that there are now U.S. Sitcoms about the glories of moving there, has over 300 English-language programs. Although college there is free, cost of living may be pricey for foreigners.

the problem isn't that it doesn't work or isn't affodable or it isn't "worth the investment" its that America is an extremely racist country and they dont want blacks Hispanics naitve americans etc to be educated in the first place they want them to be dumb as rocks and have a class of educated wealthy white people in charge of them. The best way to ensure that is too abolish public schools which is a centuries long goal of the KKK and currently fought for goal in the republican party which has virtually become the political wing of the KKK. Just as they didn't want slaves to learn to read and write they dont want black and brown people today learning to either except they can't chop off their hands anymore like they used too.

Ok, this is a bit off topic but, I was in shock to see the college students drinking excessively and openly when I brought my son to college.
I think just handing free private college out to a kid doesn't show them the work ethic , and some are just there for the social life..
A kid that shows that their interest in sincerely into school, they should get a break.

PurpleOwl, assuming he attended public school, is an example of why public education is bad in that it brainwashes people and does not educate them or at least provide accurate information. In the technology age, there should be standard tests for various content and people either study and learn, or they don't. Very inexpensive and no need for a classroom.

As far as college being "the answer," it isn't even for intelligent people. But the fact is most underperforming people have very limited intellectual capacity. Putting them in classrooms simply means the classrooms are dumbed down and intelligent students get robbed of any intellectual challenge as the school tries to get kids with smaller brains to perform.

Last edited:
They're not "dumping" Obamacare.

There will be no "repeal and replace".

They're going to tweak around the margins and pretend they invented the wheel.

Big surprise ... not.

4a0bb9b4e.png

Here education system is free and public. Some schools are ruled by the State, other established by the State and ruled by private people (they have a permission from the State) and other schools are totally private but they also have permission from the State. You have to pay for the last ones. The other two are free. Speaking of Universities as far as I know they're all public, you don't have to pay (but some want to make new laws to allow private Universities) :)

PurpleOwl, assuming he attended public school, is an example of why public education is bad in that it brainwashes people and does not educate them. In the technology age, there should be standard tests for various content and people either study and learn, or they don't. Very inexpensive and no need for a classroom.

As far as college being "the answer," it isn't even for intelligent people. But the fact is most underperforming people have very limited intellectual capacity. Putting them in classrooms simply means the classroom is dumbed down and intelligent students get robbed of any intellectual challenge as the school tries to get kids with smaller brains to perform.

Like I said , Junior college is a good way to show even the smallest brain growth and maturity.
Or save for a technically school..

Well then your in the wrong country you selfish piece of dog shit. You need to be in china or malaysia. Look at my avatar. Here some free shit ...21 Tusd to the banks since 2008. I like free shit. Ill take the free shit you can give me. Frees shit is good. Ill take free shit. The rich get free shit too...tax breaks subsidies bailouts, deregulation...theres plenty of free shit around. Your gettin' it too... you fucking trader. Piece of dog shit.

Last edited:
PurpleOwl, assuming he attended public school, is an example of why public education is bad in that it brainwashes people and does not educate them. In the technology age, there should be standard tests for various content and people either study and learn, or they don't. Very inexpensive and no need for a classroom.

As far as college being "the answer," it isn't even for intelligent people. But the fact is most underperforming people have very limited intellectual capacity. Putting them in classrooms simply means the classroom is dumbed down and intelligent students get robbed of any intellectual challenge as the school tries to get kids with smaller brains to perform.

Like I said , Junior college is a good way to show even the smallest brain growth and maturity.
Or save for a technically school..

I am talking about both... But mainly technical community colleges.

The problem I have is we really have stupid kids worked with them way to many times in the past 30 years and Germany is kicking our butt in manufacturing with precision.

Well then your in the wrong country you selfish piece of dog shit. You need to be in china or malaysia. Look at my avatar. Here some free shit ...21 Tusd to the banks since 2008. I like free shit. Ill take the free shit you can give me. Frees shit is good. Ill take free shit. The rich get free shit too...tax breaks subsidies bailouts, deregulation...theres plenty of free shit around. Your gettin' it too... you fucking trader. Piece of dog shit.

Were you "educated" by the "collective"? You paid too much.

PurpleOwl, assuming he attended public school, is an example of why public education is bad in that it brainwashes people and does not educate them or at least provide accurate information. In the technology age, there should be standard tests for various content and people either study and learn, or they don't. Very inexpensive and no need for a classroom.

As far as college being "the answer," it isn't even for intelligent people. But the fact is most underperforming people have very limited intellectual capacity. Putting them in classrooms simply means the classrooms are dumbed down and intelligent students get robbed of any intellectual challenge as the school tries to get kids with smaller brains to perform.[/Q

You are worse than the people of which you speak....you dont see it but we do. So, if you under preform, its because your incapable of learning so just dump them...wow...now, THATS American.

The problem I have is we really have stupid kids worked with them way to many times in the past 30 years and Germany is kicking our butt in manufacturing with precision.

BECAUSE WE SENT OUR JOBS OFFSHORE!!! WE DONT MANUFACTURE ANYTHING HERE ANYMORE!!!...oh my god...trump voters are just as dumb.
...but YOU take the prize.

The government estimate for Medicare when it was conceived was that it would only cost $12 billion a year by 1990, the actual cost that year was $107 billion, which is inline with just about every other federal "program" ever conceived, so anybody that believes that estimate is optimistic to the point of insanity.

Not to mention that it would (once again) eliminate disincentives for over-consumption and thus completely destroy the price mechanism, just like idiotic government interference in the health insurance and student loan markets have already done.

TANSTAFL and there's no such thing as "free college" either.

the problem isn't that it doesn't work or isn't affodable [sic] or it isn't "worth the investment" its that America is an extremely racist country and they dont [sic] want blacks Hispanics naitve [sic] americans [sic] etc to be educated in the first place they want them to be dumb as rocks and have a class of educated wealthy white people in charge of them. The best way to ensure that is too abolish public schools which is a centuries long goal of the KKK and currently fought for goal in the republican party which has virtually become the political wing of the KKK. Just as they didn't want slaves to learn to read and write they dont [sic] want black and brown people today learning to either except they can't chop off their hands anymore like they used too.

1295180.png

So, poor=stupid and money=smart....ok....got it.

BECAUSE WE SENT OUR JOBS OFFSHORE!!! WE DONT MANUFACTURE ANYTHING HERE ANYMORE!!!...oh my god...trump voters are just as dumb.
...but YOU take the prize.

If you're serious you're the biggest moron on this board

The government estimate for Medicare when it was conceived was that it would only cost $12 billion a year by 1990, the actual cost that year was $107 billion, which is inline with just about every other federal "program" ever conceived, so anybody that believes that estimate is optimistic to the point of insanity.

Not to mention that it would (once again) eliminate disincentives for over-consumption and thus completely destroy the price mechanism, just like idiotic government interference in the health insurance and student loan markets have already done.

TANSTAFL and there's no such thing as "free college" either.

It's always good to just laugh at any "estimate" the Government provides, right or left it doesn't matter. As far as health insurance goes, that ship has sailed. Any attempt to take it away now will be met with a political ferocity that will make everyone's head spin. In some shape it's here to stay. I, (I've been in the business since 2000, but it is just my opinion) think it will be a Medicare type of plan for all.

Forum List

Back