What if ...

Exigent circumstances apply only when the police reasonably believe someone is in danger, which pretty much requires them to hear someone screaming, or there is reasonable belief that a suspect will destroy evidence. Want to explain how you think either of those apply here?

I won't bother...I'm retired law enforcement, you're not. How many warrants have you written or served. How many times did you act on the believe not acting would result in harm to innocents? As I've said, you don't know shit.

Based on your ridiculous comments you were probably a BART cop. Law enforcement Bay Area wide, looks upon them like the glorified security guards they are. One Lt. had NEVER done a felony stop when he went on a ride along with a Richmond cop friend of mine.

Your comments belie your claims.

The only difference between BART cops and Mall Cops is the former are far more expensive. It's horrifying that they are the most highly compensated police force in CA.

The Boston Bomber Brothers had been identified and apprehended by "spying" before they killed and wounded innocents?
Um....They were identified, just not apprehended.

"What if" you pulled your head out of your Dear Leader's ass?

Th Obamanoids are far too busy collecting and analyzing meta data on law-abiding citizens to be bothered with apprehending terrorists plotting mayhem.

What if there was no NSA spy program? What if these two brothers hadn't been identified by the Russians? What if the American authorities hadn't deliberately decided to ignore those warnings? What if the Tsaranev brothers had been Christian instead of musim? What if the American authorities hadn't made a conscious decision that dead and maimed Americans was a fair price to pay to not hurt muslim feelings?

The Boston Bomber Brothers had been identified and apprehended by "spying" before they killed and wounded innocents?

Is three deaths all it takes for you to be willing to give up our personal freedoms, the same ones that hundreds of thousands have died fighting for over the past 400-500+ years or so?

I think those deaths need to be taken into account too!

Last edited:
It's pretty funny...and illuminating, how Wry has avoided this thread like the plague now!

Exigent circumstances apply only when the police reasonably believe someone is in danger, which pretty much requires them to hear someone screaming, or there is reasonable belief that a suspect will destroy evidence. Want to explain how you think either of those apply here?

I won't bother...I'm retired law enforcement, you're not. How many warrants have you written or served. How many times did you act on the believe not acting would result in harm to innocents? As I've said, you don't know shit.

Based on your ridiculous comments you were probably a BART cop. Law enforcement Bay Area wide, looks upon them like the glorified security guards they are. One Lt. had NEVER done a felony stop when he went on a ride along with a Richmond cop friend of mine.

Really. I worked with Richmond PD, CCCSO, the US Marshall, State Parole, County Probation, Albany PD, and a dozen other LE Agencies in the East Bay.

I have a friend whose sister's girlfriend was once married to an FBI agent whose ex-wife date a District Attorney in Alameda County who played golf with the US Attorney in SF who said you're full of shit.

I suspect you and Odd-dude in the bedroom with a dildo.

The only difference between BART cops and Mall Cops is the former are far more expensive. It's horrifying that they are the most highly compensated police force in CA.

You're either misinformed or a liar. Anyone who wants to check on your comment can simpley research SF City and County and determine the salary for SFPD, or any county in the State for Deputy Sheriffs, any city in the state for police officers, or any state LE agency.

I'll save them the trouble. She's a LIAR.

There are also "exigent circumstances" exceptions to the warrant requirement. Exigent circumstances arise when the law enforcement officers have reasonable grounds to believe that there is an immediate need to protect their lives, the lives of others, their property, or that of others, the search is not motivated by an intent to arrest and seize evidence, and there is some reasonable basis, to associate an emergency with the area or place to be searched.

Until you can explain how exigent circumstances applies to continued surveillance you are nothing but a blowhard. If you want a hint as to how stupid you are no one in the administration has ever tried to justify the surveillance program using that argument, even as a backup in case everything else failed.

Does that make you are liar or an idiot?

I found it ludicrous that a transit agency could have a police force when I moved here. After living here for a few years I find myself wondering why they let them carry handcuffs.

Really. I worked with Richmond PD, CCCSO, the US Marshall, State Parole, County Probation, Albany PD, and a dozen other LE Agencies in the East Bay.

I have a friend whose sister's girlfriend was once married to an FBI agent whose ex-wife date a District Attorney in Alameda County who played golf with the US Attorney in SF who said you're full of shit.

My cousin was in the FBI. I once shook the hand of a Secret Service agent. I have argued with Border Patrol agents all over the country. I even carried a gun as POOW on my ship.

The difference between you and me is that I don't think knowing a few cops makes me a cop.

Until you can explain how exigent circumstances applies to continued surveillance you are nothing but a blowhard. If you want a hint as to how stupid you are no one in the administration has ever tried to justify the surveillance program using that argument, even as a backup in case everything else failed.

You've changed the argument as I understood it. Boston PD occupied entire neighborhoods while searching for the Boston Bombers.

My cousin was in the FBI. I once shook the hand of a Secret Service agent. I have argued with Border Patrol agents all over the country. I even carried a gun as POOW on my ship.

The difference between you and me is that I don't think knowing a few cops makes me a cop.

I don't think you think. BTW, I recall a PO being marched off our DD in cuffs by San Diego investigators for passing bad checks. Oh, and was that .45 you carried loaded?

You've changed the argument as I understood it. Boston PD occupied entire neighborhoods while searching for the Boston Bombers.

I changed my argument? You are the drooling idiot that is trying to say that exigent circumstances applies to government surveillance and collection of data, all I have done is ask you how that works. So far all you have manged to do is try and insult someone who clearly understands the law a lot better than the guy who claims to be an ex rent a cop.

I don't think you think. BTW, I recall a PO being marched off our DD in cuffs by San Diego investigators for passing bad checks. Oh, and was that .45 you carried loaded?

I recall assisting the police when they came aboard to arrest someone because it happened when I was on watch, what the fuck is your point?

What is up with the left coming up with these dumb ideas today?.

And every other day too

Ahh... yes. The old "ends-justify-the-means" fallacy. I guess building strawmen gets boring after a while.

I don't think "current events" posts start out "what if". Anyway the Boston terrorists should have been arrested not "what if". The freaking Feds had everything but their addresses tattooed on their foreheads and they spent their time harassing little old ladies in wheelchairs and Veterans at airports rather than doing their jobs.

Forum List

Back