What in your opinion was the biggest medical advance of 2015?

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
As the title said could you post what you think was the top breakthrough in medicine or medical tech in 2015.

Did your chances of beating cancer improve?
Did humanity become more able to cure heart disease or extend human life???

You can of course get some good ideas from my medical innovation and advancement thread in the science area! ;)

You know important stuff!

• Banned
Good ideas!!! Latest advances in medical research thread | Page 39 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I THINK the possibility of reversing aging in a "mice" was the most exciting!

Key to longevity? Blocking over 200 genes boosts lifespan by 60%, study reveals
Key to longevity? Blocking over 200 genes boosts lifespan by 60%, study reveals
Once a bucket of genes linked to aging is removed, the lifespan of cells increases significantly, American scientists discovered during ten years of meticulous research, stressing that the results could be applied to humans.
An “exhaustive, ten-year effort” allowed scientists at the Buck Institute for Research on Aging and the University of Washington to identify some 238 genes which could be targeted to improve human health and possibly extend life spans by 60 percent. The paper was published on Thursday in the journal Cell Metabolism.

Pill to help us live to 120: 10p-a-day MIRACLE drug could slow the ageing process

Clinical trials on older people of cheap drug metformin have been given the green light by The Food and Drug Administration in America.

The pill's developers hope that it could one day wipe out diseases like Alzheimer's.

It is hoped that the clinical trials will show that you can slow down the ageing process in humans, making those in their 70s as healthy a 50-year-old.

As the title said could you post what you think was the top breakthrough in medicine or medical tech in 2015.

You can of course get some good ideas from my medical innovation and advancement thread in the science area! ;)

I'l be a nationalist on this one, 1st for the obvious reason and second cause this Iron problem is having major deleterious effects on my health. I'll throw in another one, the widening lawful use of medical pot and pot in general.

The GOP had their brains surgically removed without any visible scars showing....a medical marvel, I think!!:dance:

Forum List

Back