What Is A "Jury of your peers"?

Independent thinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
I don't understand the term. Would black people say that when a black person is tried with an all white or mostly white jury that it would be called a jury of your peers? What about if you are a staunch Republican (we'll just call him Donald J Trump) and you have a trial in a deep blue city inside a deep blue state (with a deep blue DA and deep blue prosecutors and a deep blue judge)? Would that be called a jury of your peers? What in the hell is a peer?

I don't understand the term. Would black people say that when a black person is tried with an all white or mostly white jury that it would be called a jury of your peers? What about if you are a staunch Republican (we'll just call him Donald J Trump) and you have a trial in a deep blue city inside a deep blue state (with deep blue prosecutors and a deep blue judge)? Would that be called a jury of your peers? What in the hell is a peer?
Trumps been a New Yorker forever

Trumps lawyers picked half the jurors

You don’t know how wealthy the jurors were

Trump ran around ny showing us ny ers love him. Was that a lie?

I don't understand the term. Would black people say that when a black person is tried with an all white or mostly white jury that it would be called a jury of your peers? What about if you are a staunch Republican (we'll just call him Donald J Trump) and you have a trial in a deep blue city inside a deep blue state (with a deep blue DA and deep blue prosecutors and a deep blue judge)? Would that be called a jury of your peers? What in the hell is a peer?
Trump got over 3 million votes in New York at about 37% of voters.

Trump got over 3 million votes in New York at about 37% of voters.
I’ll be honest. Johnny Cochran is in hell with oj laughing at trump and his lawyers.

But what do you expect from lawyers who know they won’t be paid?

1717607930057.jpeg

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, I see what you're saying. You're saying that since blacks are about 18% of New York's population, it would be fair to have an all white jury for a black defendant.
Of course not. Whites have demonstrated they can't be trusted in that regard and so we have laws to safe guard against that. You haven't shown that Democrats can't be impartial jurors nor have you even proven that they were all Democrats.

In legal terms, its anyone who is an adult citizen. Usually from the same general geographic location as the alleged crime in question.

In Hunter Biden's case, a "jury of his peers" means selecting former drug addicts and people convicted of DUI. Our jury process has MAJOR flaws as anyone with common sense can see.

A jury of your peers, is a jury who live in the district you commit your crimes in. 6th amendment describes the process of indictments, in the district the crime is committed with the jury from same district.

I believe we have allowed lawyers corrupt the system. There is a trial. People are called to sit for the jury.

They get randomly picked, with very limited reasons to exclude a potential juror. I wouldn't answer any of their questions outside of stating I believe I could make a ruling based upon the evidence and law. Period.

If for some reason I believe I couldn't, I would say so.

Of course the jury needs to weed out friends and family but that's about it.

I believe we have allowed lawyers corrupt the system. There is a trial. People are called to sit for the jury.

They get randomly picked, with very limited reasons to exclude a potential juror. I wouldn't answer any of their questions outside of stating I believe I could make a ruling based upon the evidence and law. Period.

If for some reason I believe I couldn't, I would say so.

Of course the jury needs to weed out friends and family but that's about it.

You should do that

Trump's jury were from the district he lived in and operated his Trump organization in, and where he committed his crimes. And low and behold his group of jurists fit right in....educated jurists who were professionals, living and working in Manhattan.

Trump's jury were from the district he lived in and operated his Trump organization in, and where he committed his crimes. And lo and behold his group of jurists fit right in....educated jurists who were professionals, living and working in Manhattan.
Is trump taking over Miami?

1717608591040.jpeg

Will Florida allow trump to run his con on them?

First you have to go to the constitution, and the 6th amendment

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed,

Trump committed the crime in Manhattan, so that's where the trial is held, and where the jury is picked from.

Forum List

Back