What is an "assault rifle"?

That's because they aren't full auto. AR's are semi auto.
Totally incorrect. The original ArmaLite AR-15 was selective-fire (semi/burst/full auto). The M16 was semi/full auto, and the the current variants such as the AR15A4 are semi-auto only, but ALL variants have their roots in the AR15 family.
Ok, so AR's are select-fire rifles. Thanks, I had no idea.

Totally incorrect. The original ArmaLite AR-15 was selective-fire (semi/burst/full auto). The M16 was semi/full auto, and the the current variants such as the AR15A4 are semi-auto only, but ALL variants have their roots in the AR15 family.

you ever figure out what made me a troll??

and he gave a link ,,you should try reading it,,,

Your constant bullshit posts.

Your constant bullshit posts.

how were they bullshit???

and why do you think all ARs are select fire???

“The recoil bruised my shoulder. The brass shell casings disoriented me as they flew past my face. The smell of sulfur and destruction made me sick. The explosions — loud like a bomb — gave me a temporary form of PTSD. For at least an hour after firing the gun just a few times, I was anxious and irritable,” he wrote Tuesday.

What a pussy!.

An AR has minimal recoil. The shell casings are deflected away from the face. The "smell of sulfur" is minimal and there is no smell of "destruction". If he had on hearing protection the sound would not have sounded "like a bomb".

PTSD from firing an AR? LOL. Like the comment quoted in the article; "maybe he should get some balls through Obamacare".

He was probably disorientated because of gender confusion.

What's wrong with one round per trigger pull?

Opens up too much ambiguity

The OP and other gun enthusiasts mockingly say you can’t define an Assault Weapon
I’m saying limit magazine capacity and firing rate and you have a definition
No it doesn't

Almost every firearm in existence today fires one round per trigger pull

WHat you are trying to do is label every single firearm as an "assault" weapon

The actual definition has been given

And assault rifle is a military weapon with the capability of burst and or fully automatic fire
So you want to negotiate on firing rate?

An AR-15 fires three rounds per second
What rate do you want as a threshold for Assault Weapon?
No, he doesn't want to negotiate on firing rate. Once you make that concession, where does it end? You got it, single shot rifles and pistols.
Nope, it ends with a reasonable firing rate that restricts your ability to massacre small children

I will never massacre small children neither will 99.9999% of people who own firearms

And eliminates all guns have xcept muskets.

Like I said, keep showing why compromises will never happen.
OK....lets compromise

3 shots every 2 seconds
That’s 15 shots in ten seconds
Why would anyone need more?

The OP and other gun enthusiasts mockingly say you can’t define an Assault Weapon
I'm saying you are full of shit. There's nothing ambiguous about firing one round for every pull of the trigger. You just want to expand the definition to include a lot of weapons that were previously protected. manufacturing a mechanism that limits the firing rate to so a specific number of rounds per second is not a trivial task. It would make weapons vastly more complicated, unreliable and expensive.

Go fuck yourself.
There is a lot of leeway in what constitutes a trigger pull
Is it a full pull where you have to retract and fully engage your trigger or just a quiver where the trigger will engage

What can’t be fudged is your firing rate and how large your magazine is
learn how a semiautomatic firing mechanism works before you say any more and make yourself look like more of a fool

I have 29 AR-15s and one Class III M-16.

The M-16 is the only "assault weapon".

The AR-15s are for recreational use.

I wouldn't even use them for self defense. I have other firearms better suited.

OK....lets compromise

3 shots every 2 seconds
That’s 15 shots in ten seconds
Why would anyone need more?

I'm saying you are full of shit. There's nothing ambiguous about firing one round for every pull of the trigger. You just want to expand the definition to include a lot of weapons that were previously protected. manufacturing a mechanism that limits the firing rate to so a specific number of rounds per second is not a trivial task. It would make weapons vastly more complicated, unreliable and expensive.

Go fuck yourself.
There is a lot of leeway in what constitutes a trigger pull
Is it a full pull where you have to retract and fully engage your trigger or just a quiver where the trigger will engage

What can’t be fudged is your firing rate and how large your magazine is
learn how a semiautomatic firing mechanism works before you say any more and make yourself look like more of a fool
Not possible.

Is one of these an "assault rifle"? If so, which one?

img_5067.jpg

91046.png
Wow, you assfucks don't give up.

Women & children are being slasghtered & you are too chickenshit to address the gun problem.

You hide behind semantics & pretend you are gun experts.

Fuck you people. The majority of American favor an AWB. I hope they decide to go door to door to collect all of them.

I

Is one of these an "assault rifle"? If so, which one?

img_5067.jpg

91046.png

Women & children are being slasghtered & you are too chickenshit to address the gun problem.

Fuck you people. The majority of American favor an AWB. I hope they decide to go door to door to collect all of them.

I

The majority of people don't understand the issue, and you take advantage of it to stampede them to give you power......

Calling a Toyota Camry a "race car" to get them banned from non-professionals is the same tactic..... Because you are lying about what exactly a Camry is and does.....

Assault rifle - Wikipedia

An assault rifle is a selective-fire rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine.

Selective fire means the capability of a weapon to be adjusted to fire in semi-automatic, burst mode, and/or fully automatic firing mode.

We can't get assault rifles as civilians.

yes we can,,,

You can't just walk in and buy a full auto. They quit making them in 1986.

walk in where???

most big gun shops carry full auto and are more than happy to sell them to you,,,and help you get the process started,,,

No, you can't and no, they don't.

Is this fast enough? "Only" about 300 rounds per minute, but no real difference from full auto in effectiveness.

Machine guns shoot as slow as 300 rounds a minute and ARs can be shot that fast. There is little difference between the two

Except for the whole automatic firing part......

Yes....we get it.... you are coming after all the guns..... once you get the semi-auto rifles you will come for the pump action and lever action rifles...then finally the bolt action rifles, making up new reasons why they are even more deadly than the semi-autos.....

fuck off you twat..you want to be left at the mercy of government? move over here you tosser.

Just move...as I've already told you, to Saudi Arabia or Iran

You and those like you are the real problem. You show a mental instability not unlike the typical shooter, as evidenced by your fantasies of having your way by force.

Forum List

Back