What is an "assault rifle"?

and those same 67% can't define an assault rifles characteristics that don't bleed into every other gun out there.

We can work on it and make it bigger when you guys whine ........Why isn’t this an assault rifle too?
see what i mean? you can't even define what you want to ban - you just will ban MORE when you find out you've been wrong about what you THOUGHT you knew.

and it's a rugar 10/22 accessorized. if you're calling this an assault rifle then you are simply going by the look and not the performance nor features of the gun.

THAT is the issue. gun grabbers won't learn about guns, they just broaden their hate and in the end come after guns ALL THE WHILE saying they're not doing that.
Easy to come up with an initial definition based on firing rate
We can refine it as you guys start to whine about it

As a start, we can limit magazines to 15 rounds
That should slow you down when you want to slaughter school children
What's this assigning me as a killer shit?

Crap like this is why you get ignored.
Just trying to make things more difficult for those who want to slaughter school children
Lol
You’re Delusional

But it reveals so much.....they will not stop till all guns are banned.
That' why we need to never stop pushing until tactical hand-fired nukes are sold to babies on the street corner.

I am fucking done with this shit.

Good thing because posts like that make you look really stupid
And your post about shooting a semi-auto really fast makes you look like a fucking genius.

Because there is so little kick an AR can be shot as fast as you can twitch your finger. I can twitch my finger really fast. Just ask my wife
And hit WHAT???

:laughing0301:

Have you ever fired a gun before?

once.

this was him i believe.

Reporter says firing AR-15 gave him ‘temporary form of PTSD’

Is one of these an "assault rifle"? If so, which one?

img_5067.jpg

91046.png

depending on the use both are assault rifles,,,

thankfully the 2nd amendment covers both
The second amendment covers all arms, and fools do not even know that all arms are not available to them so a2 is moot
Covers all arms? Ummmm no it doesn't. It seems to leave out machine guns...and I would argue assault weapons for the same reason
/——/ The 2nd Amendment does not specify what weapons since the Founding Fathers had no idea what new weapons would be developed in the future.
They had no idea we would have 30,000 gun deaths a year
Lol
Suicides do not count you stupid motherfucker

depending on the use both are assault rifles,,,

thankfully the 2nd amendment covers both
The second amendment covers all arms, and fools do not even know that all arms are not available to them so a2 is moot
Covers all arms? Ummmm no it doesn't. It seems to leave out machine guns...and I would argue assault weapons for the same reason
/——/ The 2nd Amendment does not specify what weapons since the Founding Fathers had no idea what new weapons would be developed in the future.
Lol
Suicides don't count?

They sure count to the families of the people who commit suicide. Newsflash...there's no "suicide attempt" with a bullet to the brain. That's pretty final

But it reveals so much.....they will not stop till all guns are banned.
That' why we need to never stop pushing until tactical hand-fired nukes are sold to babies on the street corner.

I am fucking done with this shit.

Good thing because posts like that make you look really stupid
And your post about shooting a semi-auto really fast makes you look like a fucking genius.

Because there is so little kick an AR can be shot as fast as you can twitch your finger. I can twitch my finger really fast. Just ask my wife
And hit WHAT???

Have you ever fired a gun before?

And hit what?

35 people in 30 seconds

And yea...I have fired plenty of guns

Source? How many of those are legally owned guns responsible for? How many are suicides? How many are by law enforcement?

Automobiles kill over a million people a year. Should we ban those too?

It’s actually closer to 33,000 a year, I rounded off

And no, automobiles do not kill over a million people a year
That is just stupid

yes they do

List of countries by traffic-related death rate - Wikipedia
We are not responsible for the worlds traffic deaths any more than they are responsible for our gun deaths
Fair enough. In 2016 there were 37,461 people killed in car crashes in the U.S., an average of 102 per day.

So should we ban automobiles too while we're at it?

Oh, and here is my source, even though you never provide sources for your bogus statistics.

Motor vehicle fatality rate in U.S. by year - Wikipedia

Maybe instead of banning automobiles we could make them safer, crash resistant, add seat belts and airbags, make roads safer, register cars and operators and make operators carry insurance

We should do the same with guns
Lol
Vehicle ownership is not an right, firearm ownership is an right, you stupid motherfucker...

Semantics. To avoid discussing the implications of the easy availability of weapons of mass killing.

At the time that the now-defunct Federal Assault Weapons Ban passed in 1994, the U.S. Department of Justice said, "In general, assault weapons are semiautomatic firearms with a large magazine of ammunition that were designed and configured for rapid fire and combat use."[3] The origin of the term has been attributed to legislators, gun control groups, the media and the firearms industry.[1][4][5][6][7] It is sometimes conflated with the term "assault rifle", which refers to selective-fire military rifles that can fire in automatic or burst mode.[5]

After the December 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, many news organizations ran stories about assault weapons, explaining their varying definitions and presenting varying opinions about whether they should be banned again at the federal level.[1][5][8][9]

Assault weapon - Wikipedia

It’s actually closer to 33,000 a year, I rounded off

And no, automobiles do not kill over a million people a year
That is just stupid

yes they do

List of countries by traffic-related death rate - Wikipedia
We are not responsible for the worlds traffic deaths any more than they are responsible for our gun deaths
Fair enough. In 2016 there were 37,461 people killed in car crashes in the U.S., an average of 102 per day.

So should we ban automobiles too while we're at it?

Oh, and here is my source, even though you never provide sources for your bogus statistics.

Motor vehicle fatality rate in U.S. by year - Wikipedia

Maybe instead of banning automobiles we could make them safer, crash resistant, add seat belts and airbags, make roads safer, register cars and operators and make operators carry insurance

We should do the same with guns
Lol
Vehicle ownership is not an right, firearm ownership is an right, you stupid motherfucker...
Machine guns are firearms ya know. "Rights" there are heavily restricted.

Asshole

Lol
Suicides don't count?

They sure count to the families of the people who commit suicide. Newsflash...there's no "suicide attempt" with a bullet to the brain. That's pretty final
Suicides have a tendency to take care of themselves... There is nothing more cowardly than suicide

Lol
Suicides don't count?

Blaming guns for suicides is like blaming tall buildings for it.

Ban all those tall buildings.

Semantics. To avoid discussing the implications of the easy availability of weapons of mass killing.

At the time that the now-defunct Federal Assault Weapons Ban passed in 1994, the U.S. Department of Justice said, "In general, assault weapons are semiautomatic firearms with a large magazine of ammunition that were designed and configured for rapid fire and combat use."[3] The origin of the term has been attributed to legislators, gun control groups, the media and the firearms industry.[1][4][5][6][7] It is sometimes conflated with the term "assault rifle", which refers to selective-fire military rifles that can fire in automatic or burst mode.[5]

After the December 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, many news organizations ran stories about assault weapons, explaining their varying definitions and presenting varying opinions about whether they should be banned again at the federal level.[1][5][8][9]

Assault weapon - Wikipedia
"Assault weapon" is a made up, subjective term that is whatever the commie gun-grabbers want it to be, which ultimately leads to ban and confiscation of all firearms.

Assault rifle is a real term.

Lol
Suicides don't count?

Suicides have a tendency to take care of themselves... There is nothing more cowardly than suicide
You need to shut the fuck up.

My son committed suicide

Lol
Suicides don't count?

Take too many pills and you might survive if your stomach gets pumped in time. Slit your wrists and they may be able to save you.

Put a gun in your mouth and there's no saving you

Last edited:
Lol
Suicides don't count?

My son committed suicide
Sorry for your loss, but that is not our fault, nor the fault of the gun. It was brought up by rightwinger. He was dishonestly trying to make gun murders look worse by including suicides.

If the subject is too painful, I suggest you bow out of this thread.

Lol
Suicides don't count?

The only suicide I consider "cowardly" is suicide by mass-murder of others. These shooters want to be shot and killed. These are the cowards.

Lol
Suicides don't count?

Take too many pills and you might survive if your stomach gets pumped in time. Slit your wrists and they may be able to save you.

Put a gun in your mouth and there's no saving you
Jump off a building and there's no stopping it.

Jump into oncoming freeway traffic, no stopping it.

Put a ligature around your neck and once you pass out, unless somebody finds you within minutes, there is no stopping it.

Stop blaming the gun.

Lol
Suicides don't count?

The only suicide I consider "cowardly" is suicide by mass-murder of others. These shooters want to be shot and killed. These are the cowards.
All suicides are cowardly and selfish... fact

Lol
Suicides don't count?

My son committed suicide
I'm so very sorry. That would be a loss almost unbearable to live with. Peace be with you, my friend.

Lol
Suicides don't count?

All suicides are cowardly and selfish... fact
It's not a fact! It is an opinion.

Forum List

Back