What is an "assault rifle"?

Assault rifle - Wikipedia

An assault rifle is a selective-fire rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine.

Selective fire means the capability of a weapon to be adjusted to fire in semi-automatic, burst mode, and/or fully automatic firing mode.

We can't get assault rifles as civilians.

yes we can,,,

You can't just walk in and buy a full auto. They quit making them in 1986.

walk in where???

most big gun shops carry full auto and are more than happy to sell them to you,,,and help you get the process started,,,

No, you can't and no, they don't.

I cant what??? and they dont what???

An assault rifle is a selective-fire rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine.

Selective fire means the capability of a weapon to be adjusted to fire in semi-automatic, burst mode, and/or fully automatic firing mode.

yes we can,,,

walk in where???

most big gun shops carry full auto and are more than happy to sell them to you,,,and help you get the process started,,,

Colt M16A1 Carbine 5.56 Full-Auto Machine Gun

While it is conceivable that a small portion of the anti-gunners are sincere in their desire to stop shootings, even these clearly have no firearms knowledge at all.

I think the majority are just plain scared of guns, mainly for two reasons:
  1. They think guns have far more abilities than they actually have, i.e. just sweep a vast room once with a Tommy gun and everyone falls down dead. That's simply not true.
  2. They know that they are not trustworthy to handle firearms, and ignorantly project this on everyone.
If this sounds bigoted, too bad. I've not seen a single anti-gun type who has even a passing knowledge of firearms and their capabilities/shortcomings. To a man, they all display utter ignorance on the very topic to which they claim expertise.

It's absolutely comical - and very sad.
Complete and utter horseshit.

I have been a gun user since I was 10 years old. Have owned many and currently own four. Not to mention my time in the military.
Lol
And yet political correctness has made you fucking retarded

Is one of these an "assault rifle"? If so, which one?

img_5067.jpg

91046.png
Wow, you assfucks don't give up.

Women & children are being slasghtered & you are too chickenshit to address the gun problem.

You hide behind semantics & pretend you are gun experts.

Fuck you people. The majority of American favor an AWB. I hope they decide to go door to door to collect all of them.

I

You dumb ignorant asshole. You are confused.

Most of the people in this country that die because of gun violence are duggies, gang bangers and inner city thugs killed with stolen and/or illegally acquired hand guns. Most of them in the Democrat controlled inner city shitholes.

Stop being a fucking pussy. There are over 20 million "assault weapons" owned by civilians in this country and a very small number are ever used in a crime. Statistically very few people die in this country being shot with them.

Pull your head out of your Libtard ass. Stop being an asshole that think that you have the right to curtail our Constitutionally protected liberties to own an AR-15.

Grow up shithead!

img_5067.jpg

91046.png
'What is an "assault rifle"?'

Whatever a lawmaking body says it is.

In the context of regulatory policy, what is or is not an assault weapon or rifle is solely a matter of the law, to be determined by elected representatives and the courts.

And as solely a matter of law, what is or is not an assault rifle is not determined by the military, gun manufacturers, or the subjective opinions of private citizens.

img_5067.jpg

91046.png

In the context of regulatory policy, what is or is not an assault weapon or rifle is solely a matter of the law, to be determined by elected representatives and the courts.

And as solely a matter of law, what is or is not an assault rifle is not determined by the military, gun manufacturers, or the subjective opinions of private citizens.
67098341_2388792498072706_199660565595947008_n.jpg

img_5067.jpg

91046.png

you just explained the entire problem in a nutshell, but you are willing to let a few ignorant assholes make the decisions for you because they got elected to congress by another group of ignorant assholes.

do you really want fools like Omar and Tlaib deciding how to run YOUR life?

img_5067.jpg

91046.png
Wow, you assfucks don't give up.

Women & children are being slasghtered & you are too chickenshit to address the gun problem.

You hide behind semantics & pretend you are gun experts.

Fuck you people. The majority of American favor an AWB. I hope they decide to go door to door to collect all of them.

I
The gun isn't the problem, Asshat

Is this fast enough? "Only" about 300 rounds per minute, but no real difference from full auto in effectiveness.

Until the barrel melts because it's not made to fire like that for long. Of course, you didn't know that, did you?

Until the barrel melts because it's not made to fire like that for long. Of course, you didn't know that, did you?
The barrel of the "civilian" semi-auto AR15's is identical to that of the select-fire military M16's.

Of course, you didn't know that, did you?

:itsok:

yes we can,,,

walk in where???

Those are pre-1986 and you have to have an FFL. They cost anywhere from 15,000 dollars and up. No, you can't go buy them anywhere.

yes we can,,,

walk in where???

Those are pre-1986 and you have to have an FFL. They cost anywhere from 15,000 dollars and up. No, you can't go buy them anywhere.

I never said you could,,,in fact I was specific as to where you could,,,

maybe you should try reading what I said instead of changing it,,,

img_5067.jpg

91046.png

you just explained the entire problem in a nutshell, but you are willing to let a few ignorant assholes make the decisions for you because they got elected to congress by another group of ignorant assholes.

do you really want fools like Omar and Tlaib deciding how to run YOUR life?

Of course he does. He needs to be led around by the nose.

walk in where???

I agree with there. Yeah, you can buy them but they aren't just readily available anywhere.

The barrel of the "civilian" semi-auto AR15's is identical to that of the select-fire military M16's.

Of course, you didn't know that, did you?

:itsok:

Not really.

There are significant differences in the civilian AR barrels. Most of them are not the same as what is issued on a M-4.

Many civilian barrels are stainless steel, which the military never uses. Some are a weaker grade of steel with no chrome lining. Some have different twist rates. Some, like the hammer forged ones, are better quality.

The military issue M-4 barrels are 14.5 inches. Unless you get a NFA stamp or a pinned muzzle device to lengthen the length of the barrel you can't even own one.

For those like hunarcy who pretend to be firearm experts but are only fooling their fellow idiots while beclowning themselves, here's an interesting fact:

There actually is a difference between the bolt carriers in the semi vs full auto versions of the AR15. The full auto version has more material on the back, making it compatible with the auto sear. This also increases weight slightly, slows fire rate, and improves reliability.

This "M16 bolt" is completely legal, and is a very popular modification with civilian AR15 owners.

So how about it, you gun-grabbing "experts" - should we make this bolt (which DECREASES rate of fire) illegal because it's part of the original M16 full auto version?

:iyfyus.jpg:

walk in where???

I agree with there. Yeah, you can buy them but they aren't just readily available anywhere.

depends on what you mean by readily,,,

Not really.

There are significant differences in the civilian AR barrels. Most of them are not the same as what is issued on a M-4.

Many civilian barrels are stainless steel, which the military never uses. Some are a weaker grade of steel with no chrome lining. Some have different twist rates. Some, like the hammer forged ones, are better quality.

The military issue M-4 barrels are 14.5 inches. Unless you get a NFA stamp or a pinned muzzle device to lengthen the length of the barrel you can't even own one.
While inferior barrels are available in AR15 style rifles, the barrels on a genuine Colt AR15 are mil-spec and always have been. Mil-spec barrels are also available from MANY other manufacturers.

Your allusion to the M4 is a red herring meant to obfuscate; this is another issue entirely. An M4 is a "short rifle" (barrel less than 16", oal less than 26"), and thus is NFA regulated. Barrel composition is not a factor. Nice try, though - and typical of you alleged "experts".

The majority of American favor an AWB. I hope they decide to go door to door to collect all of them.
The majority of Americans don't even know what an "assault weapon" is. I'm still waiting for a clear definition myself.

Good luck with door to door confiscation. There will be blood in the streets if they try that.

Forum List

Back