What is an "assault rifle"?

Is it? They sure have proven capable of killing lots of people really fast. Call them what you want, but semi auto rifles which can use large capacity magazines must be banned.

thats exactly what every dictator in history said and did right before they killed millions of people
And? We have checks and balances. You think our military would throw out the constitution and follow a dictator? You insult them.
You think the military would throw out the Constitution and enforce a ban of firearms ? Because it would take the military to enforce such a ban.
Once those firearms are used against them......the military will gladly enforce the ban

Are you willing to fire on US Soldiers in order to keep your guns?
Defending the Constitution is part of the military oath. That's something you loons can't understand.

Is it? They sure have proven capable of killing lots of people really fast. Call them what you want, but semi auto rifles which can use large capacity magazines must be banned.

thats exactly what every dictator in history said and did right before they killed millions of people
And? We have checks and balances. You think our military would throw out the constitution and follow a dictator? You insult them.
You think the military would throw out the Constitution and enforce a ban of firearms ? Because it would take the military to enforce such a ban.

The Military would do nothing. You keep thinking the Military, one day, will rise up and do your bidding. Turn that damned TV off.
I don't watch TV, but I do remember the oath I took to defend the Constitution.

The M-16 is just the Military Designator for the AR. In reality, the real Colt designation for the M-16 is AR-15 Model 604. The Colt Disignation for the Civilian AR-15 is either the AR-15 Model 750 or the Colt model LE6920. All use all but 3 parts from the same parts bin. There are some LE690s (AR-15) that are currently in the US Army that are single shot only. What is stamped on the side? It isn't LE6920 or AR-15, it's M-16. All Military Rifles will have an M designator. Even when they were using the Remington Model 700 as a sniper rifle for awhile.

So, in effect, the AR was adopted in 1959 by the Malaysians and the US Air Force in 1962 by the United States Air Force. The Air Force didn't have an M desginator requirement at the time so they called theirs by the Colt AR-15 Model 601. Later, in 1969, the M designator was adopted, the Air Force restamped theirs to read AR-15 Model 601 (M-16). The Air Force had over 14,000 of these weapons and didn't retire them until 1992. These were full auto even AFTER the Army went to the 3 shot burst. If you want a surplus Army M-16 that's been rode hard and put away wet, you can buy one starting at $15,000. But if you want a good quality Air Force AR-15 full auto Model 601 (M-16) you can purchase one for about $3000. Of course, FFL laws do apply.
^ Absolute Truth ^

In fact, I recently purchased a Colt AR15A4, and it even has the M16 style bolt group. It's only a few parts away from being fully automatic, but that would not only be a Federal Felony it would be completely senseless.

Why did I buy one? Because it's the ideal centerfire target/plinking rifle, and is totally usable for self-defense in some situations. 223 Remington is the cheapest centerfire rifle cartridge on the market (20 cents/round), and I also bought a conversion bolt group so it can fire 22LR (4 cents/round).

As a veteran, it's a very familiar platform. And being a genuine Colt, it will hold its value - unlike cheap clones.

This is what the gun-grabbers don't even want to understand. They like pretending that anyone who owns an AR15 is likely a mass murderer - and that's just a lie from the depths of Hell.

You were doing so well until the last paragraph. Then you went into your gunnutter mode. Tell me, am I a gungrabber?

You were doing so well until the last paragraph. Then you went into your gunnutter mode. Tell me, am I a gungrabber?
Not that I'm aware of, no. My last paragraph was directed at the obvious individuals in this thread.

Not that I'm aware of, no. My last paragraph was directed at the obvious individuals in this thread.

Yet I would like to see every AR and AK taken off the street. Okay, I would settle for just leaving them home and anyone walking down the street with one to be arrested and spend some time in jail. Since we can't tell who is a nutcase with a deathwish and who isn't, we just keep them off the streets. We don't have to go and round them up. Just limit where you can have them. The Nutcases will, of course, ignore that and we can just round them up. The Law Abiding Citizen will leave them home. You can call them "Home Defense" if you wish (I find that one hard to understand) but that's in your home. Now, if you are going to the range, that's another thing. But going to the super market, what the devil do you need an AR along for? Does it help you get the lowest price on Produce?

I am up for breaking the Cult of the AR. And, yes, it's a cult that's gotten out of control.

Any rifle that makes gun nuts feel like Rambo - especially with high-capacity magazines.

Ever watch the A-Team? Are you aware of what they are using as stage guns? They took Mini-14s, put on pistol grips instead of should stocks and that's about it. Doesn't make the Mini-14 an Assault Rifle though. You never see them try and reload. They NEVER run out of ammo or have a jam.

Any rifle that makes gun nuts feel like Rambo - especially with high-capacity magazines.

So you have to be a mind reader to enact an assault rifle ban. Good to know, as there seems to be a bit of a shortage of reputable mind readers today.

Well clearly an AR-15 or an AK variant it an assault rifle. I think we have established that

Well clearly an AR-15 or an AK variant it an assault rifle. I think we have established that
ARs and the like are sporting rifles nothing more nothing less

Yes, makes a great sport rifle when hunting wild game dressed in black pajamas, turbines and school uniforms. Do they issue tags for that yet?
You argue one side then go right into the Democrat talking points out the other side of your mouth.

Quit being a fucking Democrat. They make you sound retarded.

Join the Ls or be independent.

ARs and the like are sporting rifles nothing more nothing less

Yes, makes a great sport rifle when hunting wild game dressed in black pajamas, turbines and school uniforms. Do they issue tags for that yet?
Lol
Prairie dogs, antelope, coyotes, foxes, rabbits, deer... etc
It like, ARs and the like were made for the Eradication of these vermin and game hunting.... That’s what the vast majority of them are used for.
How many ARs are used in violent crime, percentage wise in this country every year? A percentage of the percentage tops?
Answer that... :abgg2q.jpg:

I am up for breaking the Cult of the AR. And, yes, it's a cult that's gotten out of control.
You're describing a behavior that you don't like. Do you advocate banning an inanimate object to eliminate this behavior? If so, do you actually think that would work?

Forum List

Back