What is an "assault rifle"?

You have it backwards. The M-16 starts out as an AR-15 at the factory. It's just stamped as a M-16 when the Military buys it. And the Military and approved militaries are the only ones that can purchase the AR-15 Model 604 stamped M-16. Same goes for the Colt Model 733 which gets stamped M-4 prior to leaving the factory..

Poland used the AR-15 up until 2008.
It's hard to find solid data on this since even the AR Civilian Models sold to the Militaries that are barred from the M-16 and M-4 sales also have theirs stamped as M-16 and M-4. Even the AR-15 Model 750s that the US Army purchased are stamped M-16 which are sometimes used for gate duty (don't have an answer why).
You fail to realize over the counter ARs are not military grade… They would never pass military muster... fact
They do not have the same barrels, they do not have the same gas chambers, they do not have the same bolts and no m-4 ramps... To even mention select fire among other things...

doesnt matter since both are covered under the 2nd,,,
Yes both of them are covered under the second...
But that does not make them the same thing

as far as the 2nd goes yes they are,,,

and daryls got you right where he wants you,,,
Lol
Daryl is drunk, And obviously he is stuck in the past.
The 60s did form him...

yet hes got you spewing anti 2nd propaganda that not all guns are covered under the 2nd,,,

You fail to realize over the counter ARs are not military grade… They would never pass military muster... fact
They do not have the same barrels, they do not have the same gas chambers, they do not have the same bolts and no m-4 ramps... To even mention select fire among other things...

Lol
Daryl is drunk, And obviously he is stuck in the past.
The 60s did form him...

yet hes got you spewing anti 2nd propaganda that not all guns are covered under the 2nd,,,
No he does not.

We're arguing with a self-proclaimed gun expert who is full of shit.

Lighten up, Francis. We get it.

Easy answer. Too many. And there are more Military ARs so your numbers don't mean a thing. Too many says it all. Ask a Mother that lost a child at a school shooting that same question. Too Many.
name a major organized military force that uses the AR15.

Do you mean the AR-15 Model 604?
Lol
How many of those are around? You do know those are quite collectible?

You can't buy them since they were produced after 1986. Those are VERY collectible indeed. Those are the current M-16s used by our US Military today. And, in most cases, highly illegal. They only way to get them would be through salvage and they aren't released, they are destroyed. But you can buy a AR-15 Model 602 which is a M-16 produced before 1986 or an AR-15 Model 601 (M-16) produced from 1962 to 1967.
great - but you still can't show me a modern military using the AR15 as a standard rifle. all you can do is dance around old version #'s and having to buy them 2nd hand.

i got no more use for you.

Good then you'll be shutting up now, right?

so you're now making the M16 an AR15.

again - show me a modern organized military using the AR15 any civilian is allowed to buy.

You have it backwards. The M-16 starts out as an AR-15 at the factory. It's just stamped as a M-16 when the Military buys it. And the Military and approved militaries are the only ones that can purchase the AR-15 Model 604 stamped M-16. Same goes for the Colt Model 733 which gets stamped M-4 prior to leaving the factory..

It's hard to find solid data on this since even the AR Civilian Models sold to the Militaries that are barred from the M-16 and M-4 sales also have theirs stamped as M-16 and M-4. Even the AR-15 Model 750s that the US Army purchased are stamped M-16 which are sometimes used for gate duty (don't have an answer why).

he's calling this a military weapon but can't name a single military that uses the same AR15 everyone sees and relates to.

Do you mean the AR-15 Model 604?
Lol
How many of those are around? You do know those are quite collectible?

You can't buy them since they were produced after 1986. Those are VERY collectible indeed. Those are the current M-16s used by our US Military today. And, in most cases, highly illegal. They only way to get them would be through salvage and they aren't released, they are destroyed. But you can buy a AR-15 Model 602 which is a M-16 produced before 1986 or an AR-15 Model 601 (M-16) produced from 1962 to 1967.
great - but you still can't show me a modern military using the AR15 as a standard rifle. all you can do is dance around old version #'s and having to buy them 2nd hand.

i got no more use for you.

Good then you'll be shutting up now, right?
yea, no sense in coddling the stupid.

Why would they? It was designed to be a home owner version of an actual military weapon. How is this even something we have to debate

All M-16s and M-4s are AR-15s that have been redesignated with the M number. For instance, the M-16 full size is a AR-15 Model 604 that is stamped as an M-16 before it's sold to the Military. The M-4 is a Colt Model 733 which is nearly identical to the the Model 750. Carbine we know as the AR-15. All of them are Mil Spec if made by Colt and can fire the hotter 556 Nato Rounds. And all three are equally as deadly in a firefight. And yes, the Model Colt 750 Carbine is exported to Militaries outside the US who are barred from buying either the AR-15 Model 604 or the Model 733. Yet every one of those will be stamped M-16 as well.

again - show me a modern organized military using the AR15 any civilian is allowed to buy.

I realize that I can order a Colt Model LE6920 or a Colt AR-15 model 750 Carbine just up the road at Jerry's Gun Shop anytime I wish. But I'll need a bit more than 400 bucks to do it. These have the same Barrels as the M-16 and M-4 respectively and are chambered for the 556 Nato Round but also can easily fire the 223. They have the same gas chamber as well. The same Chromium Coting, Aluminum parts, etc.. Come from the same parts bin sans the uppers and the bolt. You also cannot use the M-4 barrel as it's too short. It's 14.5 inches and you can't have anything less than 16 and be legal (I find that a bit questionable). But you can virtually use every other part intended for a M-4 or a M-16 to upgrade your AR-15. In many cases, you may not want to. Many AR-15 variants will out shoot or be even more versatile for some uses than either the M-16 or the M-4. Like the barrel guard on the M-4 is too short and you really don't want to rest your barrel on that tree limb to many times to steady your shot.

You seem to be doing it again. You assume I know nothing about the various AR families. Hell, cupcake, I got a ton of time on the M-16 from the AR-15 Model 601 (M-16), the M-16A1, A2 and A4 along with enough time working around the AR-15 to get around. Most of us old hands do have. You young kids are so busy trying to make everyone think you are the brightest kid in the world, you forget, you aren't even the brightest kid in the room. And I know of a few more versed in this than I am. If I need to know something about this I don't already know I know who to ask and it ain't going to be you.

he's calling this a military weapon but can't name a single military that uses the same AR15 everyone sees and relates to.

I named two. Poland until 2008 and the United States Army. But in both cases, they are stamped M-16 because there is no Military Designator for Rifle that doesn't start with an M. All of them are of the AR Family and share all but about 3 parts if you buy a decent AR. If you buy a piece of junk, all but about 3 parts will interchange with either a M-16 or M-4 but who the hell would want to.

And you promised you were done with me. Now get done with me already.

Why would they? It was designed to be a home owner version of an actual military weapon. How is this even something we have to debate

All M-16s and M-4s are AR-15s that have been redesignated with the M number. For instance, the M-16 full size is a AR-15 Model 604 that is stamped as an M-16 before it's sold to the Military. The M-4 is a Colt Model 733 which is nearly identical to the the Model 750. Carbine we know as the AR-15. All of them are Mil Spec if made by Colt and can fire the hotter 556 Nato Rounds. And all three are equally as deadly in a firefight. And yes, the Model Colt 750 Carbine is exported to Militaries outside the US who are barred from buying either the AR-15 Model 604 or the Model 733. Yet every one of those will be stamped M-16 as well.

I realize that I can order a Colt Model LE6920 or a Colt AR-15 model 750 Carbine just up the road at Jerry's Gun Shop anytime I wish. But I'll need a bit more than 400 bucks to do it. These have the same Barrels as the M-16 and M-4 respectively and are chambered for the 556 Nato Round but also can easily fire the 223. They have the same gas chamber as well. The same Chromium Coting, Aluminum parts, etc.. Come from the same parts bin sans the uppers and the bolt. You also cannot use the M-4 barrel as it's too short. It's 14.5 inches and you can't have anything less than 16 and be legal (I find that a bit questionable). But you can virtually use every other part intended for a M-4 or a M-16 to upgrade your AR-15. In many cases, you may not want to. Many AR-15 variants will out shoot or be even more versatile for some uses than either the M-16 or the M-4. Like the barrel guard on the M-4 is too short and you really don't want to rest your barrel on that tree limb to many times to steady your shot.

You seem to be doing it again. You assume I know nothing about the various AR families. Hell, cupcake, I got a ton of time on the M-16 from the AR-15 Model 601 (M-16), the M-16A1, A2 and A4 along with enough time working around the AR-15 to get around. Most of us old hands do have. You young kids are so busy trying to make everyone think you are the brightest kid in the world, you forget, you aren't even the brightest kid in the room. And I know of a few more versed in this than I am. If I need to know something about this I don't already know I know who to ask and it ain't going to be you.
And, pray-tell, what is the single feature of the M16 or M4 that is not available on the very expensive, but somewhat comparable civilian AR variant?

What is with your obsession with the AR system? Did an AR fuck your husband or something? You seem to have some sort of emotional involvement.

doesnt matter since the 2nd covers all guns,,,

“Guns are our friends because in a country without guns, I'm what's known as "prey." All females are.” - Wacky Ann Coulter

It does NOT

Machine guns for instance

It does NOT

restricting those is in violation of the 2nd amendment,,,

you either support it or you dont, and it seems like you dont,,,

It does NOT

So your claim is that the ban on modern machine guns and regulation of older ones is unconstitutional?
Even right wing SCOTUS" disagrees with you

It does NOT

So your claim is that the ban on modern machine guns and regulation of older ones is unconstitutional?

so you only care what RWers say,,,what if those same people decided all guns are banned would you support that too???

doesnt matter cause I can read and they are obviously progressive snakes

what you seem to support is the very people the 2nd was intended to protect us against can decide for us how we do that,,,

It does NOT
What makes you think the 2A doesn't protect the right to keep and bear machine guns?
I mean, other than your own ignorance and bigotry?

What makes you think the 2A doesn't protect the right to keep and bear machine guns?
I mean, other than your own ignorance and bigotry?

You mean other than the FACT that you can't buy one made after 1986 at all and those prior are heavily regulated?

It does NOT

so you only care what RWers say,,,what if those same people decided all guns are banned would you support that too???

doesnt matter cause I can read and they are obviously progressive snakes

what you seem to support is the very people the 2nd was intended to protect us against can decide for us how we do that,,,
You're babbling. None of that makes any sense

Forum List

Back