What is an "ice age?"

So, what you are saying is that, as the NA plate moves SW, that doesn't warm NA?

LOL!!!

The Equator and the poles are the same temperature, right Todd?

So, what you are saying is that, as the NA plate moves SW, that doesn't warm NA?

I would never say such a ridiculous thing.

Wrong.

When the most recent Ice Age started, how far from the North Pole was Chicago?
After the most recent Ice Age started, how far SW did the NA plate have to move to melt the ice?

Has Chicago moved from where it was when the ice age started?

The Pacific Plate is moving to the northwest at a speed of between 7 and 11 centimeters (cm) or ~3-4 inches a year. The North American plate is moving to the west-southwest at about 2.3 cm (~1 inch) per year driven by the spreading center that created the Atlantic Ocean, the Mid Atlantic Ridge.

Plate Tectonics | Pacific Northwest Seismic Network

When did that Ice Age start?
How close was Chicago to the North Pole when it started?
The Pacific Plate is moving to the northwest at a speed of between 7 and 11 centimeters (cm) or ~3-4 inches a year. The North American plate is moving to the west-southwest at about 2.3 cm (~1 inch) per year driven by the spreading center that created the Atlantic Ocean, the Mid Atlantic Ridge.

So basically, LaDexter was correct in the plate movements. You finally agree with him. Great, now that is a step.

you didn't look it up?
closer than today.

LOL!!!

Wrong.

After the most recent Ice Age started, how far SW did the NA plate have to move to melt the ice?

So basically, LaDexter was correct in the plate movements. You finally agree with him. Great, now that is a step.

you didn't look it up?
closer than today.

So basically, LaDexter was correct in the plate movements.

I've never denied plates move.

you didn't look it up?

You don't know? I found rate of movement. If you find when it started, we can estimate how much closer to the pole, and then you'll see how moronic LaDerp's claim was.

closer than today

Unless it was 600 miles from the pole, closer doesn't help Derp's claim.

LOL!!!

Wrong.

you didn't look it up?
closer than today.

you didn't look it up?

You don't know? I found rate of movement. If you find when it started, we can estimate how much closer to the pole, and then you'll see how moronic LaDerp's claim was.

closer than today

You don't know?

sure, but so do you. I'm not a fking doll with strings. you wish to know the last ice age look it up and post it. I don't play those games. rhetorical shit is boring.

Wrong.

you didn't look it up?
closer than today.

you didn't look it up?

closer than today

You don't know?

sure, but so do you. I'm not a fking doll with strings. you wish to know the last ice age look it up and post it. I don't play those games. rhetorical shit is boring.

I understand why you don't want to post the info, it'd show the idiocy of LaDerp's claim.

you didn't look it up?
closer than today.

you didn't look it up?

closer than today

You don't know?

I understand why you don't want to post the info, it'd show the idiocy of LaDerp's claim.
I explained my position. It would? prove it.

you didn't look it up?
closer than today.

you didn't look it up?

closer than today

You don't know?

Say the ice age started 1 million years ago. 1 inch per year, 1,000,000 inches, 83,333 feet, less than 16 miles.
If you adjust for west-southwest, versus south.....even less than 16 miles.

Still no where near 600 miles from the pole. Need more?

you didn't look it up?
closer than today.

you didn't look it up?

closer than today

You don't know?

Say the ice age started 1 million years ago. 1 inch per year, 1,000,000 inches, 83,333 feet, less than 16 miles.

no I don't. Wikipedia backs your 1 inch per year.

Why does one Earth polar circle, the Antarctic, have 9 times the ice of the other?

If you cannot answer that question, you know precisely nothing about Earth climate change, and likely never will given your sub 10 IQ...[/QUOTE]

easy question

the arctic ice is sea ice because the arctic is an ocean, theres no glaciers

the antarctic ice is land ice, the antarctic continent is a landmass and ice accumulates on it, theres glaciers on the antarctic 4 000 meters high,therefore the antarctic icemass is much higher then the arctic sea ice.

did i pass your test ?

So, hauke, some questions.

1. if Earth had two polar oceans, how much ice would Earth have?
2. what controls the amount of ice on Earth, tectonics or CO2?

There exists a latitude, two in fact, where the annual snowfall ceases to fully melt due to lack of solar energy "warming" it.

For Greenland, that point is somewhere around 600 miles from the North Pole. It is pretty funny to believe that one inch is the difference between ice age and not, but there existed a year when Greenland first had snow that did not fully melt during summer. THAT was the start of that ice age, and it was recent, under 1 million years ago.

Sorry to disappoint you, but yeah, 16 miles ago, Greenland was entirely green...

There exists a latitude, two in fact, where the annual snowfall ceases to fully melt due to lack of solar energy "warming" it.

For Greenland, that point is somewhere around 600 miles from the North Pole. It is pretty funny to believe that one inch is the difference between ice age and not, but there existed a year when Greenland first had snow that did not fully melt during summer. THAT was the start of that ice age, and it was recent, under 1 million years ago.

Sorry to disappoint you, but yeah, 16 miles ago, Greenland was entirely green...

For Greenland, that point is somewhere around 600 miles from the North Pole.

Where was NA in relation to the North Pole when the last Ice Age started?
Where when it ended?

Sorry to disappoint you, but yeah, 16 miles ago, Greenland was entirely green

Sorry to disappoint you but moving Greenland 16 miles north will not start a new ice age.
Moving Greenland 16 miles south will not end an Ice Age.

Sorry to disappoint you but moving Greenland 16 miles north will not start a new ice age.

Really? Then explain the data = under the thickest part of Greenland's ice up north, the pine cones etc. under that ice date back 400k to 800k years old.

Remember too that the further back in time you go, the further south Greenland was, meaning the brainless "ice ages go up and down" BS doesn't float here....

Really? Then explain the data = under the thickest part of Greenland's ice up north, the pine cones etc. under that ice date back 400k to 800k years old.

Remember too that the further back in time you go, the further south Greenland was, meaning the brainless "ice ages go up and down" BS doesn't float here....

Really?

Yeah really.

Then explain the data = under the thickest part of Greenland's ice up north, the pine cones etc. under that ice date back 400k to 800k years old.

Trees grew there when it was warm.
They got buried under snow and ice when it got cold.

How is that proof of your magic ice age theory?

... ie when it was FURTHER away from the pole

it got cold because it kept moving closer to the pole....

That's when you get that "cutoff." There are, in theory and reality, two lattitudes, one in each hemisphere, where the annual snowfall ceases to get enough Sun to melt.

If the annual snowfall doesn't fully melt, what happens???

That plate tectonics simply doesn't move fast enough to have created the known glaciation periods was obvious to everyone else here as soon as you first opened your yap. That at their peaks, glaciers existed thousands of miles from the poles also shows your 600 mile claim to be complete nonsense. You just don't know what you're talking about. I don't expect you to accept that for one second, but EVERYONE here knows it to be true. Give it the fuck up.

There is a difference between mountaintop glaciers and ice age glaciers.

90% of Earth ice on Antarctica, along with 70 mil year old dino fossils, suggesting 70 mil years ago AA was green

7% of Earth ice on Greenland, along with 800k year old pine cones under the thickest portion of the thickening and growing ice age glacier, suggesting very recent (under 1 mil years) ice age.

That's 97% of Earth ice on two islands... nearest to the Poles.

HHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Who cares about mountain tops? Sum them altogether and you get a number comparable to the "percent" CO2 is in the atmosphere = next to NOTHING.

Where is the Tippy Toppiest "top climate scientist":"peer reviewed study" on that question, why the AA Circle has 9 times the ice of the other?

Your fudgebaking heroes CENSOR that question, because they know where the answer leads - to the end of their looting of the taxpayer!!!

That's when you get that "cutoff." There are, in theory and reality, two lattitudes, one in each hemisphere, where the annual snowfall ceases to get enough Sun to melt.

If the annual snowfall doesn't fully melt, what happens???

You think Greenland is moving toward the pole? Gotta link?

That's when you get that "cutoff."

Cool theory. So how close was Chicago to the pole when the glacier covered it most recently?
How far away was it before the glacier started to melt?

Let's see your data. Preferably from an actual source........

So how close was Chicago to the pole when the glacier covered it most recently?

Chicago was covered with ice age glacier that originated in northern Canada, and moved south. The top of northern Canada was within 600 miles of the North Pole at the time, perhaps much closer.

The melting of the ice over Chicago 1 million years ago was mostly about the failure of the top of Northern Canada to stay within that "glacier manufacturing zone." Hence when that which pushed the glaciers "down" to Chicago got "turned off," the glaciers ceased to grow. If it melts in the summer and doesn't grow in the winter...

Let's look at where Greenland was, because the bottom of the Atlantic has the "tire tracks..."

The "coming in" fault at the bottom center of the Atlantic is slanted between Greenland and Europe. That is why Greenland froze while Europe has warmed. Europe is moving SE while Greenland is moving NW, and there is your "vector" above...

So how close was Chicago to the pole when the glacier covered it most recently?

Chicago was covered with ice age glacier that originated in northern Canada, and moved south. The top of northern Canada was within 600 miles of the North Pole at the time, perhaps much closer.

The melting of the ice over Chicago 1 million years ago was mostly about the failure of the top of Northern Canada to stay within that "glacier manufacturing zone." Hence when that which pushed the glaciers "down" to Chicago got "turned off," the glaciers ceased to grow. If it melts in the summer and doesn't grow in the winter...

Let's look at where Greenland was, because the bottom of the Atlantic has the "tire tracks..."

The "coming in" fault at the bottom center of the Atlantic is slanted between Greenland and Europe. That is why Greenland froze while Europe has warmed. Europe is moving SE while Greenland is moving NW, and there is your "vector" above...

The top of northern Canada was within 600 miles of the North Pole at the time, perhaps much closer.

You don't know how close? How do you know it was within 600 miles?
Why isn't there a growing glacier today, moving south from that magic 600 mile mark?

The melting of the ice over Chicago 1 million years ago was mostly about the failure of the top of Northern Canada to stay within that "glacier manufacturing zone."

What about the glacier over Chicago that melted 20,000 years ago?
Was Chicago, or Canada, within 600 miles of the pole?
If not, how did the glacier survive so far south?

while Greenland is moving NW

Link?

Forum List

Back