What is China's game?

Sundance508

Gold Member
May 24, 2016
I mean in relation to the N. Korean Problem. Definitely not one of trying to help America.

What then is China's goal in this crisis with N. Korea?.....first of all they want America out of their sphere of influence. They see the N. Korean situation as one they can use to help facilitate that. Then they could take over Taiwan like they took Hong Kong from the British. Taiwan is a very high priority for them. They could then pressure S. Korea to break their alliance with America. I also think they would welcome a limited war with America...which will occur if America strikes N. Korea....they believe they could win such a war and thoroughly humiliate America.

China’s game in North Korea: What does China have to gain by keeping the status quo?

I mean in relation to the N. Korean Problem. Definitely not one of trying to help America.

What then is China's goal in this crisis with N. Korea?.....first of all they want America out of their sphere of influence. They see the N. Korean situation as one they can use to help facilitate that. Then they could take over Taiwan like they took Hong Kong from the British. Taiwan is a very high priority for them. They could then pressure S. Korea to break their alliance with America. I also think they would welcome a limited war with America...which will occur if America strikes N. Korea....they believe they could win such a war and thoroughly humiliate America.

China's goal is simple.

They don't want the US in their backyard, they certainly don't want the US on their border. So, North Korea stays because if South and North Korea unite, then the US will be on their border.

They are waiting for the Trump/Putin chess table to become one less, then slide in to place for venison and vodka.

Chinas game is to make cheap $5 dollar neckties, and sell them to Trump so he can sell them in America to suckers for $150 dollars, then lie about how he plans to keep jobs in America ..

China couldn't do jack shit without America. They'd be morons to abandon the wealth that American's send their country...

China cannot want a limited war with the United States because it could escalate to an all-out war.

China wants the status quo as the best way to proceed, as the article suggests, with North Korea being bribed not to create misery on a large scale with international aid on favorable terms with the regime. A problem with the new sanctions isn that they may paint North Korea into a corner with nothing to lose if it lashes out at the South and at Japan.

China couldn't do jack shit without America. They'd be morons to abandon the wealth that American's send their country...

I disagree totally. The Chinese are very good at business, and they'd find opportunity wherever it lies.

sun_contrib_graph1.png

For example....

I disagree totally. The Chinese are very good at business, and they'd find opportunity wherever it lies.

sun_contrib_graph1.png

For example....

mmhmm and how much money does Africa even have to give China?

List of the largest trading partners of China - Wikipedia No other country comes close...

That's not the point here. The point being made is that China will do business everywhere, and do it well. They use the US as trading partners for the same reason the US uses China, because it makes sense, but without the US, China wouldn't struggle, they'd find business elsewhere, as they are doing anyway.

sun_contrib_graph1.png

For example....

List of the largest trading partners of China - Wikipedia No other country comes close...

That's not the point here. The point being made is that China will do business everywhere, and do it well. They use the US as trading partners for the same reason the US uses China, because it makes sense, but without the US, China wouldn't struggle, they'd find business elsewhere, as they are doing anyway.

Uhm no that is /exactly/ MY point, I repeat myself. "China couldn't do jack shit without America. They'd be morons to abandon the wealth that American's send their country..."

sun_contrib_graph1.png

For example....

Uhm no that is /exactly/ MY point, I repeat myself. "China couldn't do jack shit without America. They'd be morons to abandon the wealth that American's send their country..."

Yes I got that. Hence why my point is that you're WRONG. Hence the reason I backed myself up and why you haven't.

sun_contrib_graph1.png

For example....

Yes I got that. Hence why my point is that you're WRONG. Hence the reason I backed myself up and why you haven't.

Dude... you cited "Africa" as being able to some how make up for losing the over half a /trillion/ USD China makes off trade with America, give me a fucking break. If China pulled the trigger on war with America and lost that revenue source, "winning" a trade war vs America in Africa is equivalent to pissing up a rope. China has thrown some $68B dollars in aid at Africa, aka they had to /buy/ favor - America doesn't have that liability. Additionally China is running a $30T deficit (and it's probably more than that now with oil prices having dropped) dumping $.5T in revenue over a fruit loop like Kim is not intelligent and I doubt China's leadership is that retarded.

China doesn't want to deal with Kim, neither does Russia, and honestly neither does the US - none of us have enough capital, nor the desire, to start a "needless" war right now. All of us will pussy foot around until Kimmy does something that necessitates strong action - and at that point I am quite sure that China will kick Kimmy to the curb like a rabid dog and side with the US in whatever we decide to do about it.

If you'd like to get into the longer term goals of China, then it's global currency - that's what they want because that is the seat of power for the entire world. That said, they're struggling under the expense of their own aspirations; see their attempts to "buy" Africa for an example. Their government style doesn't support free capitalism and the inherent flaws of communism (state owned business) is like a choke chain around capitalists necks so they will continue to fall behind America; bleeding money like a sieve whilst attempting to catch up. America on the other hand just put capitalists at the head of the wagon and dropped the reigns - give it a few years and China will be bawling like the lefties as their communist dreams of world power are similarly shattered.

sun_contrib_graph1.png

For example....

Dude... you cited "Africa" as being able to some how make up for losing the over half a /trillion/ USD China makes off trade with America, give me a fucking break. If China pulled the trigger on war with America and lost that revenue source, "winning" a trade war vs America in Africa is equivalent to pissing up a rope. China has thrown some $68B dollars in aid at Africa, aka they had to /buy/ favor - America doesn't have that liability. Additionally China is running a $30T deficit (and it's probably more than that now with oil prices having dropped) dumping $.5T in revenue over a fruit loop like Kim is not intelligent and I doubt China's leadership is that retarded.

China doesn't want to deal with Kim, neither does Russia, and honestly neither does the US - none of us have enough capital, nor the desire, to start a "needless" war right now. All of us will pussy foot around until Kimmy does something that necessitates strong action - and at that point I am quite sure that China will kick Kimmy to the curb like a rabid dog and side with the US in whatever we decide to do about it.

If you'd like to get into the longer term goals of China, then it's global currency - that's what they want because that is the seat of power for the entire world. That said, they're struggling under the expense of their own aspirations; see their attempts to "buy" Africa for an example. Their government style doesn't support free capitalism and the inherent flaws of communism (state owned business) is like a choke chain around capitalists necks so they will continue to fall behind America; bleeding money like a sieve whilst attempting to catch up. America on the other hand just put capitalists at the head of the wagon and dropped the reigns - give it a few years and China will be bawling like the lefties as their communist dreams of world power are similarly shattered.

No, I didn't actually. It would help, DUDE if you would read and try and understand what is being written, I mean I did write it TWICE.

What I said was, for the third time, that China is very good at business and will seek out business everywhere. The example of their increased trade in Africa along with an overall increase in trade shows this. The US however is dropping in Africa.

China doesn't NEED the US. The US is helping China to grow because the US has/had the largest economy in the world and it is logical for the Chinese to seek out the US for trade. But it trades with everyone. If the US isn't there, China just goes elsewhere for its trade. Does it replace the US? Maybe not. But will it survive? Sure it will.

No, I didn't actually. It would help, DUDE if you would read and try and understand what is being written, I mean I did write it TWICE.

What I said was, for the third time, that China is very good at business and will seek out business everywhere. The example of their increased trade in Africa along with an overall increase in trade shows this. The US however is dropping in Africa.

China doesn't NEED the US. The US is helping China to grow because the US has/had the largest economy in the world and it is logical for the Chinese to seek out the US for trade. But it trades with everyone. If the US isn't there, China just goes elsewhere for its trade. Does it replace the US? Maybe not. But will it survive? Sure it will.

I'm a chick buddy. Also, China /does/ need the US - where are they going to make up for the half a trillion American's trade to them? No other country comes even fucking close to that amount, and China is at least $30B a year behind to pay their bills...

Straight from the horses mouth (China papers) - Trade war between China and the U.S. is a lose-lose: state media

EDIT fixt

sun_contrib_graph1.png

For example....

"The European Union and China are two of the biggest traders in the world. China is now the EU's second-biggest trading partner behind the United States and the EU is China's biggest trading partner."
China - Trade - European Commission

sun_contrib_graph1.png

For example....

"The European Union and China are two of the biggest traders in the world. China is now the EU's second-biggest trading partner behind the United States and the EU is China's biggest trading partner."

So now we're going to argue that China starts a war with the US and the EU says Fuck you America and joins them, or at a minimum doesn't sanction them? Give me a fucking break, you folks are reaching so far you're gonna fall out of your chairs...

sun_contrib_graph1.png

For example....

So now we're going to argue that China starts a war with the US and the EU says Fuck you America and joins them, or at a minimum doesn't sanction them? Give me a fucking break, you folks are reaching so far you're gonna fall out of your chairs...
No-one but you and the Opening Post is talking about a war with China.

I'm a chick buddy. Also, China /does/ need the US - where are they going to make up for the half a trillion American's trade to them? No other country comes even fucking close to that amount, and China is at least $30B a year behind to pay their bills...

Straight from the horses mouth (China papers) - Trade war between China and the U.S. is a lose-lose: state media

EDIT fixt

Who cares what your gender is, you call me a dude without knowing my gender, so I call you a dude without care what your gender is, dude.

No, China doesn't need the US. They want the US's money, who doesn't. But need, no, they don't need.

As your article says, yes, China would lose money, but they still don't need the US. China loses money, the US loses money, that's the way it would go.

But your argument still isn't right. It's not like China would simply die because they lose the trade money from the US.

sun_contrib_graph1.png

For example....

China isn't going to start a war any time soon. The US would have to consider China before invading North Korea because the US also stands to lose too much. Now, Trump, is he more interested in war or more interested in money?

Forum List

Back