Zone1 What is free speech ?

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

This article argues that the siren calls come from extremists who want to make some noise.
I can agree with a lot of that.
But my own definition is better.
Someone wanting to whistleblow on a matter of public concern. Not someone who just wants to vent their prejudice.
Lies are not protected.
IE lying about spomeons sexuality to attack sexual minorities
lying about race or religion to attack racial minorities
lying about anything basically
ie - Vance fucks furniture. his wife looks hot. She should get his attention.

Lies arent campaign promises that you dont carry out.
IE Trumps wall. He obviously wanted it but couldnt get it done. Happens all the time like Obamas healthcare.

Lies are labelling a pic in London as a pic of Sheffield
Or reporting a riot when you are sat on your arse 1000 miles away.

The current political scene is based on lies and too many people make a good living out of just lying.

That isnt free speech. That is just the law of the jungle.

This article argues that the siren calls come from extremists who want to make some noise.
Someone wanting to whistleblow on a matter of public concern. Not someone who just wants to vent their prejudice.
Lies are not protected.

IE Trumps wall. He obviously wanted it but couldnt get it done. Happens all the time like Obamas healthcare.

The current political scene is based on lies and too many people make a good living out of just lying.

our founders did have an answer to the difficulties posed by the 1st amendment. here is vice president burr explaining this to the secretary of the treasury.

1723814601512.png

Lies are not protected.

Britain doesn't have free speech, especially when you're getting arrested for saying "offensive" things on social media, so-called "hate speech" violations, and targeting identities that are seen as vulnerable and codified in the Equality Act of 2010 (among a few).

I do find it funny that you discuss lies, yet continue to spread disinformation about JD Vance and his sofa. Oh the irony.

Britain doesn't have free speech, especially when you're getting arrested for saying "offensive" things on social media, so-called "hate speech" violations, and targeting identities that are seen as vulnerable and codified in the Equality Act of 2010 (among a few).

I do find it funny that you discuss lies, yet continue to spread disinformation about JD Vance and his sofa. Oh the irony.
Um I denounced the vance sofa thing. So I dont understand why you bring it up.
This is what I wrote. f you read it again you might understand I was denouncing that story as a lie.

But I fear you misunderstand the point of the thread.
And that lack of understanding is rooted in misinformation.

What is free speech ?

According to Wulz, free speech is that which the government has decided is correct information. IOW, censor all Conservative speech that reveals the radicalism now threatening our country.

Um I denounced the vance sofa thing. So I dont understand why you bring it up.
This is what I wrote. f you read it again you might understand I was denouncing that story as a lie.

You are correct .. misread this.
But I fear you misunderstand the point of the thread.
And that lack of understanding is rooted in misinformation.

What is free speech ?
I would define free speech in the United States as a fundamental right that's codified in our constitution, providing robust protection of ideas and opinions and shielding individuals from punishment. It restricts the government from intervening, restricting, censoring, or penalizing individuals because of offensive, unpopular, or controversial subject matters. Our First Amendment right is not absolute, meaning limitations have been applied for speech such as defamation or inciting violence.

According to Wulz, free speech is that which the government has decided is correct information. IOW, censor all Conservative speech that reveals the radicalism now threatening our country.
That s quite wide ranging. Could you give us an example ?

That s quite wide ranging. Could you give us an example ?
I’m just telling you what Wulz said, and he did not give us an example. He just said speech should not be considered “protected free speech” if the government determines it is misinformation.

The wide range of that is quite alarming.

Lies are not protected.

Free speech / freedom of expression is something that Lefties want banned in all forms.

Lies are not protected.

Something your Limey self doesn't have. :D

Forum List

Back