What Is It With The Right These Days?

Melvin01

Rookie
Mar 4, 2013
The party used to stand for balanced budgets, small government and individual liberty. Now the only thing they stand for is corporations and the wealthy. For 50 years the wealthy paid taxes. Even with tax write offs and other schemes they still had to pay much more than 14%. When I saw that in taxable year 2011 Romney cleared a million dollars a month after he paid his 14% taxes I wanted to vomit. My wife and I gross a little less than $100,000 and we pay about 14%. Question for you. Romney has five sons......how many of them have been in the wars?

If people don't want to interrupt their education with any kind of inconvenience let them pay $100,000 a year extra tax to avoid it. That way the lily livered chickenhawk bastards can at least help pay down their debt.

Still do stand for those things. Sounds like someone missed the fillibuster last night

Many on the right still are... unfortunately both party's politicians have gone the way of big government spending, pet projects, etc.... Which is why the whole congress needs a cleaning out

And we have an all volunteer military.. if they did not join, no big deal.. there were enough of us who did volunteer for duty... not joining while supporting a war is not a bad thing.. taxing 'extra' for someone not joining the military IS

idiot

It takes an incredible amount of force to prevent all people from achieving any succes. No country has successfully done it. The amount of force necessary to suppress achievement breaks the country first.

The party used to stand for balanced budgets, small government and individual liberty. Now the only thing they stand for is corporations and the wealthy. For 50 years the wealthy paid taxes. Even with tax write offs and other schemes they still had to pay much more than 14%. When I saw that in taxable year 2011 Romney cleared a million dollars a month after he paid his 14% taxes I wanted to vomit. My wife and I gross a little less than $100,000 and we pay about 14%. Question for you. Romney has five sons......how many of them have been in the wars?

If people don't want to interrupt their education with any kind of inconvenience let them pay $100,000 a year extra tax to avoid it. That way the lily livered chickenhawk bastards can at least help pay down their debt.

Did you make your money through investments or was it earned income?

Romney didn't earn money, he made his money through investments which are taxed differently than income.

So he made millions, what's wrong with that?

Why do you idiots hate the rich?

I'm surprised you don't feel like vomiting every time our government stupidly spends and wastes more of your tax dollars.

Yet Mitt Romney's use of our tax laws makes you have a fit. Some interesting logic you liberals have.

I'm surprised you don't feel like vomiting every time our government stupidly spends and wastes more of your tax dollars.

Yet Mitt Romney's use of our tax laws makes you have a fit. Some interesting logic you liberals have.

Ah, so conservatives cannot think taxes should be progressive?

Progressivism is inherently unfair. Conservatives believe that all people should be treated equally regardless of how much money they make. We should all pay the same rate, regardless of where we earn our money or how much we make.

If conservative tax policy was actually applied, we would have a significantly lower tax rate and little bureaucracy to collect it.

But then the politicians couldnt play games with taxes to control our lives. Not surprising that the progressives in both parties oppose that.

The rich should pay the same tax rate as everyone else.

In 2011, the rich (married couples who file jointly and make over $379,150) have a 35 percent federal income tax rate. The middle class ($69,001-$139,350) have a 25 percent rate and the working class and poor ($17,001-$69,000) have a 15 percent rate.

The rich pay a higher rate of their income to the government than other groups. The Tax Foundation found in 2009, that the top 1 percent of earners earned roughly 17 percent of income but paid roughly 37 percent of federal income taxes. The super rich (top 0.1 percent) of earners made 8 percent of all income, but paid 17 percent of all federal income taxes.

If we look at effective tax rates (what tax rates people actually pay), we see the same pattern. The rich paid the highest percentage of their income, 24 percent, to the federal government versus 11 percent for everyone else. The rate was a mere 8 percent for the upper middle class. Because the rich make most of the capital gains, they undoubtedly paid a far larger share of other weighty taxes (for example, corporate and dividend taxes). Even the claims of investors like Warren Buffet that they pay a lower rate of taxes on their income can be seen to be false once we realize the income is double-taxed, initially as corporate income and later as capital gains or dividends. Payroll taxes do not reverse this overall trend.

As usual, the poor ride free on others. In 2009, nearly 47 percent of U.S. households paid no income taxes. A significant number of those filing (more than 36 percent in 2008) paid no income tax and a significant number of them made money via the tax code because of the earned income tax credit and other child-tax credits.

The moral case for progressive taxation is surprisingly weak.

Romney didn't earn money, he made his money through investments which are taxed differently than income.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/17/opinion/krugman-moochers-against-welfare.html?_r=0

Well, that's an impressively stupid post.

Idiot.

So, you'd be surprised if Mitt paid a lower rate that I?

No, because he was double taxed on the same money, once when he earned it and again when he made money from investing it.

Capital gains tax rate is lower than ordinary income tax rates.

Ordinary income can be simply defined as the income earned from providing services or the sale of goods (inventory). This category includes income earned from interest, wages, rents, royalties and similar income streams. Ordinary income is taxed at different rates depending on the amount of income received by a taxpayer in a given tax year. In 2012, there are currently six tax brackets for taxing ordinary income: 10%, 15%, 25%, 28%, 33%, and 35%. These ordinary income marginal tax brackets are scheduled to expire at the end of 2012. In 2013, the 10% through 28% tax rates will remain the same and the top two rates of 33% and 35% will be replaced with higher rates, 36% and 39.6% respectively.

Capital gains are usually associated with the sale or exchange of property characterized as capital assets. The amount of gain is measured as the difference between the amount received by the taxpayer on the sale less the original purchase price, adjusted through the date of the sale (purchase price plus any improvements less depreciation taken). For more information on the formula to calculate capital gain on the sale of a property, see Calculating Capital Gain.

So, you'd be surprised if Mitt paid a lower rate that I?

Does Obama pay more in taxes than he is legally obliged to? As far as I am aware, Mitt Romney paid exactly what he was obliged to pay - in fact, more than he was legally obliged to.

Let me know when y'all have a valid argument... because this constant bullshit is seriously boring.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/17/opinion/krugman-moochers-against-welfare.html?_r=0

If I want Krugman's opinion, I'll ask for it.

Forum List

Back