What is lawfare

BULLDOG

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2014
I've asked several times what the term lawfare means. No coherant definition yet. After many conversations, it seems to mean using existing laws to punish criminals, as the laws are intended to do. Can somebody please tell which laws shouldn't be used? How do you determine who receives amnesty from which laws? Lawfare seems to indicate using existing laws to charge and try Trump for crimes against our country. Which laws do you think he, and only he should be allowed to ignore?

After many conversations, it seems to mean using existing laws to punish criminals, as the laws are intended to do.
Amazes me how incapable leftists are at informing themselves. They seem to expect others to do that for them. I suspect that's exactly why being a lemming comes so naturally to them.

Amazes me how incapable leftists are at informing themselves. They seem to expect others to do that for them. I suspect that's exactly why being a lemming comes so naturally to them.

A bit bizarre when they pretend to be ignorant. Not a good look if you ask me.

When it's more about bogging someone down with the process than any actual sense of justice, it's lawfare.

When the laws being supposedly enforced are stretched and twisted so much that a normal person looks at the case and wonders what the hell it is all about, it's lawfare.

The motto of the Pedo Pete regime....

b89e7b10818b0cbca2eced61f33a808ab96be963c5db5472c235bbc1f70e7fec_1.jpg

When it's more about bogging someone down with the process than any actual sense of justice, it's lawfare.

When the laws being supposedly enforced are stretched and twisted so much that a normal person looks at the case and wonders what the hell it is all about, it's lawfare.
Exactly....Using the process of defending yourself against a slew of preposterous charges as the punishment.

I've asked several times what the term lawfare means. No coherant definition yet. After many conversations, it seems to mean using existing laws to punish criminals, as the laws are intended to do. Can somebody please tell which laws shouldn't be used? How do you determine who receives amnesty from which laws? Lawfare seems to indicate using existing laws to charge and try Trump for crimes against our country. Which laws do you think he, and only he should be allowed to ignore?
if youre not coherent enough to understand what it is its best you move along and let adults do the hard work,,

A bit bizarre when they pretend to be ignorant. Not a good look if you ask me.
Megyn Kelly's guest made the point today that Trump is not above the law and neither should he be below the law.

Megyn Kelly's guest made the point today that Trump is not above the law and neither should he be below the law.

Very true. I did not read any of Trump's Attorneys briefs, but Turley said they were going for way to broad an immunity. However, the snippets of the DC Appeals court opinion that I read were disturbing. Essentially, it would seem to open up President Biden to a wrongful death lawsuit by the family of someone killed by an illegal.

Essentially, it would seem to open up President Biden to a wrongful death lawsuit by the family of someone killed by an illegal.
Exactly the way I understand it. As the WSJ put it in their editorial headline, this is much bigger than Trump. Did you hear that the DC Appeals court gave Trump until this Monday to respond to their decision? WTF?

Exactly the way I understand it. As the WSJ put it in their editorial headline, this is much bigger than Trump. Did you hear that the DC Appeals court gave Trump until this Monday to respond to their decision? WTF?
I don't think that is too unusual. The response will be to request and en banc hearing.

Lawfare is the use of legal systems and institutions to damage or delegitimize an opponent, or to deter an individual's usage of their legal rights.

Lawfare - Wikipedia​

I don't think that is too unusual. The response will be to request and en banc hearing.
I think they also ruled that will not be possible which was another eyebrow raising part of this.

I'm not an attorney and do not exactly understand all of this so don't take my word for it. She talked about requesting a stay from the SC who would not like that the Appeals court is setting a schedule so forcefully.

Forum List

Back