Zone1 What is meant by "turning the other cheek" when people do evil to us?

forkintheroad7

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2024

This is a good explanation.

In court a man was allowed to slap the accused man with the back of his right hand to the right cheek of the person that wronged him. Turning the other cheek was an act of defiance. You can't slap the left cheek of the accused with the back of your right hand. It was a nonviolent way of standing your ground.

In court a man was allowed to slap the accused man with the back of his right hand to the right cheek of the person that wronged him. Turning the other cheek was an act of defiance. You can't slap the left cheek of the accused with the back of your right hand. It was a nonviolent way of standing your ground.
uh.. I guess I get this, but what does it have to do with JESUS and what he said?

This is a good explanation.

I don't believe in any god/s. All manmade gobbledygook. Even so, the evil people in the world would love to find cheek turners irrespective of any god/s being worshipped.

Here is the score bub...and I'm only going to tell you this once!

When SHTFF arrives, if you don't fight back...you will die. And even if you fight back, you still may die.

Better stock up bub...

civil war stock up.jpg

The sermon on the mount addressed the burning issue of the day.
don't get this but you have lost all cred w/ me since you give a thumb's down to anything that sounds

I dunno.. TRUE

That issue was Roman occupation and Roman law. You're a very poor scholar. Have you actually read the Bible?

You don't know anything about the book of Isaiah either...or Cyrus or the return. From Babylon.

uh.. I guess I get this, but what does it have to do with JESUS and what he said?

In the sermon on the mount Jesus was teaching the Jews about non violent resistance and shaming the enemy. You should have known that. Gandhi and MLK studied it thoroughly.

Forum List

Back