What is sin.

As an at theist, how can sin affect me when I don't have a facility to accept it like believers?
I know sin doesn't exist and never did regardless of how it is frivolously dispensed on people. When the Jesus junkies attribute a sin to some one, what is it they feel or suffer? After begging forgiveness, how do they know it has been removed? Does the person who told them they sinned get a similar message to confirm his freedom of this horrible afflictions.

Who graded the severity of sins like venial and mortal and how do I know the category which I so tenderly was gifted by whoever?

Ponder that.
Sin is when a theist does what is ok for deities.

As an at theist, how can sin affect me when I don't have a facility to accept it like believers?
I know sin doesn't exist and never did regardless of how it is frivolously dispensed on people. When the Jesus junkies attribute a sin to some one, what is it they feel or suffer? After begging forgiveness, how do they know it has been removed? Does the person who told them they sinned get a similar message to confirm his freedom of this horrible afflictions.

Who graded the severity of sins like venial and mortal and how do I know the category which I so tenderly was gifted by whoever?

Ponder that.

Sorry mate. You lost me.

After begging forgiveness, how do they know it has been removed?
I can't think of a single Gospel story where anyone had to beg Jesus for forgiveness. Often before anyone said much more than a word, Jesus announced, "Your sins are forgiven." His good news of "Sins are forgiven" is what took him to the cross.

Repentance (turning away from) for the forgiveness of sins. If anyone feels they have done something wrong, then they are to quit doing it and replace it with a better habit. That is repentance that results in the forgiveness of sins.

Jesus also made mention of remaining aware of times that someone may be holding something against us. Instead of trying to reconcile with God, we are to first go to anyone who has something against us and reconcile with them before returning to reconcile matters with God.
John 8
New International Version
8 1 but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.(A)

2 At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them.(B) 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women.(C) Now what do you say?” 6 They were using this question as a trap,(D) in order to have a basis for accusing him.(E)

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone(F) at her.”(G) 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”

11 “No one, sir,” she said.

“Then neither do I condemn you,”(H) Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”(I)

Here we go again. Another Jesus junkie belching out myths and lies as if it were fact. You will believe anything if religion says so. Your delusional.

Ponder that.

Sorry mate. You lost me.
Examples: God says sex without marriage is a sin yet God impregnates a teen female he is not married to, God says murder is a sin ,yet murders millions in a great flood.

I can't think of a single Gospel story where anyone had to beg Jesus for forgiveness. Often before anyone said much more than a word, Jesus announced, "Your sins are forgiven." His good news of "Sins are forgiven" is what took him to the cross.

Repentance (turning away from) for the forgiveness of sins. If anyone feels they have done something wrong, then they are to quit doing it and replace it with a better habit. That is repentance that results in the forgiveness of sins.

Jesus also made mention of remaining aware of times that someone may be holding something against us. Instead of trying to reconcile with God, we are to first go to anyone who has something against us and reconcile with them before returning to reconcile matters with God.
John 8

2 At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them.(B) 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women.(C) Now what do you say?” 6 They were using this question as a trap,(D) in order to have a basis for accusing him.(E)

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone(F) at her.”(G) 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”

“Then neither do I condemn you,”(H) Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”(I)

Here we go again. Another Jesus junkie belching out myths and lies as if it were fact. You will believe anything if religion says so. Your delusional.

Let us pray...

John 8

Let us pray...

Knock yourself out son. Hook in. I can see it's helped you no end.

John 8

This passage suggests that sin is a violation of Moses' law. It's an Israelite concept, an offense against their God, so it wouldn't have applied to the Philistines, the Assyrians, the Babylonians, or anyone else. Only the Israelites could have forsaken the Israelite God with their idolatry and all the depravity that that entailed, like adultery.

This passage suggests that sin is a violation of Moses' law. It's an Israelite concept, an offense against their God, so it wouldn't have applied to the Philistines, the Assyrians, the Babylonians, or anyone else. Only the Israelites could have forsaken the Israelite God with their idolatry and all the depravity that that entailed, like adultery.
The Noahide (or Genesis) Laws, that were in play before Moses and the Israelites:

Do establish laws.
Don’t curse God.
Do not practice idolatry.
Do not engage in illicit sexuality.
Do not participate in bloodshed.
Do not rob (includes kidnapping, cheating...)
Do not eat flesh from a living animal.

The Noahide (or Genesis) Laws, that were in play before Moses and the Israelites:

Do establish laws.
Don’t curse God.
Do not practice idolatry.
Do not engage in illicit sexuality.
Do not participate in bloodshed.
Do not rob (includes kidnapping, cheating...)
Do not eat flesh from a living animal.
Yea, okay.

Ponder that.
It's kind of inter sting how most "sins" are simply behaviors that societies have deemed to be undesirable.

Sins are more like cautionary signs such as "Beware Quicksand" or "Rough Roads Ahead". They might be considered the pitfalls in life; something to avoid if you prefer smooth sailing (to mix metaphors). :)

It's kind of inter sting how most "sins" are simply behaviors that societies have deemed to be undesirable.
The term does seem to have evolved to include modern, extra-biblical applications, but it was always an offense of the holy people against God.

The holy people, of course, being Adam, Israel, and Christians.

The term does seem to have evolved to include modern, extra-biblical applications, but it was always an offense of the holy people against God.

There were laws against most "sins" written in religious texts before those texts were written.

The powers that be realized that if these same prohibitions were attributed to a god that people would be more likely to obey them

And Muslims.
They wish.

The holy people are the people of the Bible, not the Koran. Islam didn't even exist during biblical history.

The holy people are the people of the Bible, not the Koran. Islam didn't even exist during biblical history.
the desert religions abandoned the prescribed spoken religion of antiquity that is generic and applicable for all those attempting to free their spirits for admission to the Everlasting - that a single sin by that religion will prevent for their acceptance. purity is required. reference to any god is superfluous.

And Muslims.
They wish.

the desert religions abandoned the prescribed spoken religion of antiquity that is generic and applicable for all those attempting to free their spirits for admission to the Everlasting - that a single sin by that religion will prevent for their acceptance. purity is required. reference to any god is superfluous.

Your sin is only for believers and it would be arrogant to say it applies to anything else. Apart from the fact there is no such thing.

Reality is independent of what one believes. You might believe that God does not exist or that sin does not exist, but if God actually exists, then your actions have consequences that are eternal in nature regardless of what you believe. Sin is opposing the will of God. God has told us what He expects of us and if we don't keep the will of God, we commit sin. You cannot simply choose to not believe and be off the hook if God is real. Your eternal destiny is tied to your behavior if God exists and no amount of disbelief can change the fact. If God doesn't exist you are off the hook, but if he does exist your eternal destiny is being weighed in the balance. Truth is the knowledge of thing as they really are, were, and are to come. To me it is important that we seek after truth. I suggest that you seek after the truth as to whether God is real or not.

God has told us what He expects of us and if we don't keep the will of God, we commit sin.

That's my point. God has not told you anything. How arrogant are you? You have read it in your hideous bible.
Your extreme bias against Christians and the Bible has left you without the knowledge of the truth. God has set up a way for us all to come to the knowledge of truth. First it takes faith unto the repenting of your sins and believing upon the words of Christ. Once you have reached that stage you can be baptized as a member of his church. Upon being baptized, you can then receive a very special gift which is known as the gift of the Holy Ghost. Through this gift you can have the truth revealed unto you. This is how true followers of Christ have a knowledge of the truth.

John 14:26
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 15:26​

26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:13​

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

You speak of arrogance but it is your own arrogance that keeps you away from these truths.
You talk about the reality of God like it's fact. If God is real, as you say, but its not. You have no evidence of it but still conduct yourselves as if it were and interfere with others lives to the point of announcing our " sins". Furthermore, no amount of belief will make God real.
The evidence from the gift of the Holy Ghost is given to those who humble themselves before God and seek after the truth. It is given individually to those who do humble themselves before God. Those who receive a testimony of the truth can tell others about it but it is up to those who hear the testimony to receive it in all humility. It does not become an evidence to the hearer unless they are moved upon by the Holy Ghost. But the Holy Ghost does not come upon those who are adamantly opposed to a belief in God and despise his revelations. Only the truly honest at heart can receive the assurance of the Holy Ghost. For you to receive this evidence you would need to humble yourself before God and seek after him.
But you say you searching for the truth yet simultaneously believing in immaculate conception and virgin births and you call that truth???
Why can't you see how ridiculous that is?
Immaculate conception is a truth that only a truly humble believer in God can accept and know by the power of the Holy Ghost. Those who can't fathom a more powerful being than mortal man and cannot accept that there is a God who knows far more than any man of earth will reject these truths and say that such things are ridiculous. To argue such things with them is a waste of time.
I suggest you seek the truth and your first enquiry should be that evidence is found and verified. I know you can't which is why I keep asking. Your statement implies that my searching for factual evidence is well behind yours because you are speaking as if you have it when I know you Don't.
These are things beyond your comprehension and you would need to humble yourself before God and seek to have the gift of the Holy Ghost with you before you can know these things. Arguing with you about these things will not make you come to a knowledge of the truthfulness of such things unless you humble yourself before God and ask him in all humility.

Matthew 7:7-8
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
How can you have knowledge "of things to come"? Can you see the vain presumptuous nature if the hideous statement? Its almost like you are chastising me for not believing.
For you to come this knowledge you would need to believe and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
I wo yukdnt reply if I were you. Its about now you realise I'm not the stupid idiot you think. You myths and lies won't wash with me son.
I'm very good at this religious debate.
Every time you reply I get another whack at you. Keep going.
Well, like I said, you will be without this knowledge of the truth until you learn to humble yourself before God and inquire of him about these things. Only through personal revelation via the Holy Ghost can one come to this knowledge. God has set it up this way so that only the true believers in God will have this confirmation. I can't give your the confirmation of the Holy Ghost. I can only tell you what I know from my own personal confirmation. Whether you accept it or not is up to you. For you to get your own personal confirmation you will need to humble yourself before God or you will not receive it.

Well, like I said, you will be without this knowledge of the truth until you learn to humble yourself before God and inquire of him about these things. Only through personal revelation via the Holy Ghost can one come to this knowledge. God has set it up this way so that only the true believers in God will have this confirmation. I can't give your the confirmation of the Holy Ghost. I can only tell you what I know from my own personal confirmation. Whether you accept it or not is up to you. For you to get your own personal confirmation you will need to humble yourself before God or you will not receive it.
I see it a bit differently. Humbleness gives the impression of lowering oneself. Thinking even less of oneself is not bearable.

Jesus said that we are the salt of the earth. What many of us desire not be lowered even more, but to be raised up from where we are--even if that, according to many, is a relatively lofty position.

It is the desire of human every heart to love and to be loved. Sin can blind us, start us feeling that we are not the salt of the earth, we are unworthy of great love. We, the individual, close that door, despite being taught that we are the salt of the earth; of God's great mercy and love; that sins are forgiven.

Colin may be trying to go a step beyond "Sins are forgiven" in that there is no sin at all. The reality is, that if there is no sin, then no one has ever sinned against me, that everyone's behavior towards me has been perfect. Further, my behavior towards everyone else is always perfect as well. Dismissing sin would be like accepting imperfection as perfection and seeing of inferior as being the same as superior.

If it is God's purpose to raise us up, then it is our purpose to serve God in raising others. Do we truly see everyone around us as needing nothing, that every single being is great and in great circumstances?

The Bible reflects God musing, "Whom shall I send?" The answer response was not, "I'm too lowly, whatever you do, don't send me." It was, "Here I am Lord. Send me." God raises each of us to raise each other.

Forum List

Back