What is so damn hard about passing a bare bones stimulus bill for Americans???

No pork
No bullshit

just money for the people our government forced out of work?

Okay, let's take a barebones look at two programs on the table right now.

The first one is the bipartisan bill from the House and many of the Republican Senators (back door) which is 908B. It doesn't differentiate between Red and Blue or Purple or Pink with Purple Spot States. It has more protection for big business than I care for and has way too much for the Farm Bill that most of it will go to Millionaire and Billionaire Farmers (and non farmers) to suit me. But it does cover the Unemployment that is running out on Dec 26th and 31st across the nation. And it does get some money into the hands of small businesses hardest hit (not enough for my tastes). Moscow Mitch won't allow it onto the floor or into a Committee for discussion or vote.

Moscow Mitch has his a 550B. This is like an economy car when a Bus is needed. Too much of it is geared to keep the Industry Giants rolling and not enough to prevent the small businesses and little guys heads at least at water level. Even the Administration won't support this turkey. But Moscow Mitch and his cohorts stick with it. It's failed twice now in the Senate but they keep sticking to it.

The 908B is based on the premise that the rest needed will be added to the next budget bill. Or at least the promise of it. Even Moscow Mitch has admitted that it will be needed sooner or later. But I don't believe any of us can believe anything that Moscow Mitch promises anymore. But the 908B bill has come a long way from the 2.1T bill from a year ago that the house introduced. The Administration has already said it would back the 908B bill and the addition to the next budget for the additional things needed.

There is NO Pork here. And anyone claiming there is is just trolling, lying or being stupid. Come Dec 26th, it's going to get real serious real fast. And many millions are progged to have a very miserable Merry Christmas and a very terrible New Year.
What part of simple bill for the people did you not understand?

And that is exactly what the 980B bill is. Well as simple as it can be made for right now. And it's accepted by the majority in Congress. But one person stands in it's way, Moscow Mitch. What the hell do you want anyway? You haven't said what you want. You just want to play party politics. It's past the time for that. We are within 20 days of a total catastrophe.
My position has nothing to do with party politics. And the bill you cited is FAR from a simple bill for the people. It's laden with bullshit left and right. Neither party has any worthwhile bill on the table.

Round 2 should have no pirk $2 grand for every person earning under 70 grand which is pretty low pay these days. Extend unemployment for those looking for jobs.

No pork
No bullshit

The first one is the bipartisan bill from the House and many of the Republican Senators (back door) which is 908B. It doesn't differentiate between Red and Blue or Purple or Pink with Purple Spot States. It has more protection for big business than I care for and has way too much for the Farm Bill that most of it will go to Millionaire and Billionaire Farmers (and non farmers) to suit me. But it does cover the Unemployment that is running out on Dec 26th and 31st across the nation. And it does get some money into the hands of small businesses hardest hit (not enough for my tastes). Moscow Mitch won't allow it onto the floor or into a Committee for discussion or vote.

Moscow Mitch has his a 550B. This is like an economy car when a Bus is needed. Too much of it is geared to keep the Industry Giants rolling and not enough to prevent the small businesses and little guys heads at least at water level. Even the Administration won't support this turkey. But Moscow Mitch and his cohorts stick with it. It's failed twice now in the Senate but they keep sticking to it.

The 908B is based on the premise that the rest needed will be added to the next budget bill. Or at least the promise of it. Even Moscow Mitch has admitted that it will be needed sooner or later. But I don't believe any of us can believe anything that Moscow Mitch promises anymore. But the 908B bill has come a long way from the 2.1T bill from a year ago that the house introduced. The Administration has already said it would back the 908B bill and the addition to the next budget for the additional things needed.

There is NO Pork here. And anyone claiming there is is just trolling, lying or being stupid. Come Dec 26th, it's going to get real serious real fast. And many millions are progged to have a very miserable Merry Christmas and a very terrible New Year.

And that is exactly what the 980B bill is. Well as simple as it can be made for right now. And it's accepted by the majority in Congress. But one person stands in it's way, Moscow Mitch. What the hell do you want anyway? You haven't said what you want. You just want to play party politics. It's past the time for that. We are within 20 days of a total catastrophe.
My position has nothing to do with party politics. And the bill you cited is FAR from a simple bill for the people. It's laden with bullshit left and right. Neither party has any worthwhile bill on the table.

I wished things were so simple that we could have a simple bill that would cure all. But that just ain't gonna happen. The 908B bill is as close as we are going to get right now. No, it's not perfect, no bill is. And it's going to have to be redone as time goes on. Hence, the promise of the changes to the Budget Bill later one. Even the 908B bill isn't enough but it's enough to stave off a total collapse.

Round 2 should have no pirk $2 grand for every person earning under 70 grand which is pretty low pay these days. Extend unemployment for those looking for jobs.

Not going to happen with Moscow Mitch. And no assistance for Unemployment either. Let them eat Cake but don't allow them to have any cake.

Are you imagining that he will be able to sell it for the full loan amount?

Being "underwater" is a different issue ... and yes, this is a bad thing and it should show up on his credit report ... any future bank will want to know this person thinks surrendering a car is an option ... it isn't ... banks are banks, not car dealerships, it's expensive for them to repossess a car ... especially a car that's not worth the loan value ...

It's sad the fella's wife died ... an this will cause financial hardships on the family ... but that's for the family to endure, it wouldn't be fair to dump this hardship on others ... folks that never got laid by her ... just saying ...
Ok.

The loan is with a major nationwide bank the probably got millions in CARES act monies.

What was it for if not to remedy this sort of thing?

No pork
No bullshit

Agree with you 100%.

It's mind blowing how out of touch our elected officials are. A quick story.

A close friend of mine had bought a car in 2019. His wife had a paid off vehicle. She died from Covid-19 in July. Now. He has her fully paid off car and his small economy car he still owes money on. He wanted to just surrender it to the bank and get out from under it. The bank said that he could do that but two things were going to happen. It would have a negative effect on his credit AND the vehicle would be sold at auction--the difference between what his loan was for and what the car fetched would be billed to him. So he would not only get a ding on his credit but probably have to pay hundreds or perhaps a thousand bucks or so. He contacted his congresswoman to see if there was any sort of relief he could get from the CARES act to where his lender would be able to save face on the loan, his credit wouldn't be hit and he would just stop making payments and give up the car. She got back to him a few weeks later and said "Unfortunately...." The lender is a large bank that everyone has heard of. I'm sure they got all sorts of money from the bail out. But somehow when my friend has a real life issue the bank is unable to do the right thing.

I would imagine that the congresswoman's office knows the details but I'd also imagine that the above scenario isn't that unusual because loans are multi-year commitments and the virus came out of nowhere and for a great many people, 1/2 of their income disappeared with the death of a spouse (if they're lucky--that's all that disappeared because a lot of people lost their spouse and their job as well). I would be stunned to imagine that legislation passed that didn't address this scenario.

Gee, here's a thought, put a FOR SALE sign on the economy car.
He's still making payments on the car.

And your point is?
Now you understand the bank's problem. They will be getting back a car that has lost most of its value and they are getting stuck with a loan not being paid back.

They lent the money in good faith with terms. They have a right to collect on those terms.
They also got a shit load of CARES act monies (most likely).

Nancy Pelosi would not allow a pandemic stimulus bill to pass that did not include billions in bailout money for reckless state governments.

No pork
No bullshit

Agree with you 100%.

A close friend of mine had bought a car in 2019. His wife had a paid off vehicle. She died from Covid-19 in July. Now. He has her fully paid off car and his small economy car he still owes money on. He wanted to just surrender it to the bank and get out from under it. The bank said that he could do that but two things were going to happen. It would have a negative effect on his credit AND the vehicle would be sold at auction--the difference between what his loan was for and what the car fetched would be billed to him. So he would not only get a ding on his credit but probably have to pay hundreds or perhaps a thousand bucks or so. He contacted his congresswoman to see if there was any sort of relief he could get from the CARES act to where his lender would be able to save face on the loan, his credit wouldn't be hit and he would just stop making payments and give up the car. She got back to him a few weeks later and said "Unfortunately...." The lender is a large bank that everyone has heard of. I'm sure they got all sorts of money from the bail out. But somehow when my friend has a real life issue the bank is unable to do the right thing.

I would imagine that the congresswoman's office knows the details but I'd also imagine that the above scenario isn't that unusual because loans are multi-year commitments and the virus came out of nowhere and for a great many people, 1/2 of their income disappeared with the death of a spouse (if they're lucky--that's all that disappeared because a lot of people lost their spouse and their job as well). I would be stunned to imagine that legislation passed that didn't address this scenario.

And your point is?
Now you understand the bank's problem. They will be getting back a car that has lost most of its value and they are getting stuck with a loan not being paid back.

They lent the money in good faith with terms. They have a right to collect on those terms.
Most likely? You don't know, do you.

What does that have to do with the fact that they shouldn't have to eat the loan and lose the car?

No pork
No bullshit

I wished things were so simple that we could have a simple bill that would cure all. But that just ain't gonna happen. The 908B bill is as close as we are going to get right now. No, it's not perfect, no bill is. And it's going to have to be redone as time goes on. Hence, the promise of the changes to the Budget Bill later one. Even the 908B bill isn't enough but it's enough to stave off a total collapse.
Let it collapse. Sometimes, pain is the only way to wake people up.

No pork
No bullshit

Agree with you 100%.

And your point is?

What does that have to do with the fact that they shouldn't have to eat the loan and lose the car?

No but let me ask you this...would you be surprised if companies like Chase, Bank of America and Wells Fargo got $0?
If they did get monies...what was it for if not to allow them to eat a few thousand bucks on a Ford Fiesta?

No pork
No bullshit

Let it collapse. Sometimes, pain is the only way to wake people up.

The ugliest word in the English language is DESERVE.

The loan is with a major nationwide bank the probably got millions in CARES act monies.

All the government money sent to banks is passed on to the shareholders ... multiply your friend's story a thousand times and shareholders will lose entire pennies of profit ... imagine a Bentley with only one coat of wax on the inside of the tires ... what's the point of owning a Bentley then? ...

This is a horrific tragedy, don't get me wrong ... and insolvency is just one of many very bad things that has happened to your friend ... he has a choice: 1] keep the rig he wants and take a hit on his credit for the next seven years, or 2] keep the rig he doesn't want, protect his credit, and could upgrade once he can afford payments ... the worst part of this is that your friend is in no emotional position to be making these decisions ... too much too fast ... the risk of not carrying life insurance ...

No pork
No bullshit

Agree with you 100%.

And your point is?

No but let me ask you this...would you be surprised if companies like Chase, Bank of America and Wells Fargo got $0?
If they did get monies...what was it for if not to allow them to eat a few thousand bucks on a Ford Fiesta?
Please. The money was given to buy votes for Democrats. We all know it.

All the government money sent to banks is passed on to the shareholders ... multiply your friend's story a thousand times and shareholders will lose entire pennies of profit ... imagine a Bentley with only one coat of wax on the inside of the tires ... what's the point of owning a Bentley then? ...

This is a horrific tragedy, don't get me wrong ... and insolvency is just one of many very bad things that has happened to your friend ... he has a choice: 1] keep the rig he wants and take a hit on his credit for the next seven years, or 2] keep the rig he doesn't want, protect his credit, and could upgrade once he can afford payments ... the worst part of this is that your friend is in no emotional position to be making these decisions ... too much too fast ... the risk of not carrying life insurance ...

You're right about the life insurance. So far, he's paid the monthly payments for the car and treats it like any other bill.

Ironically the money that big banks got is probably being used to offset reposessions and foreclosures...not people like my co-worker who wants to voluntarily surrender the car and is being treated like he's trying to put one over on them.

No pork
No bullshit

Agree with you 100%.

And your point is?

Oh shut the fuck up.

If that was what it was used for---and your blob signed off on it---money well spent. Trump got his ass kicked.

No pork
No bullshit

Agree with you 100%.

And your point is?

Oh shut the fuck up.

If that was what it was used for---and your blob signed off on it---money well spent. Trump got his ass kicked.
any bill that the Democrats pass is for the express purpose of buying votes. Don't be more of fucking idiot than you already are.

No pork
No bullshit

Agree with you 100%.

And your point is?

Oh shut the fuck up.

any bill that the Democrats pass is for the express purpose of buying votes. Don't be more of fucking idiot than you already are.
Oh shut the fuck up.
Trump approved the $2.2T.

Forum List

Back