What is so damn hard about passing a bare bones stimulus bill for Americans???

Ironically the money that big banks got is probably being used to offset reposessions and foreclosures...not people like my co-worker who wants to voluntarily surrender the car and is being treated like he's trying to put one over on them.

A contract is between two parties ... and both parties must agree to any changes to the contract ...

This act is completely involuntary for the bank ... your co-worker would be forcing this ... a breech of contract ...

Ironically the money that big banks got is probably being used to offset reposessions and foreclosures...not people like my co-worker who wants to voluntarily surrender the car and is being treated like he's trying to put one over on them.

A contract is between two parties ... and both parties must agree to any changes to the contract ...

This act is completely involuntary for the bank ... your co-worker would be forcing this ... a breech of contract ...

I don't see why my co-worker should be penalized because of the pandemic.
I don't see why the bank should lose out either.
It's more than likely the bank got millions in CARES act monies. Some of that should have been set aside for people who either default on their loans due to being out of work or if, like my friend, they had a life event that caused their income to shrink by about half.

It's more than likely the bank got millions in CARES act monies. Some of that should have been set aside for people who either default on their loans due to being out of work or if, like my friend, they had a life event that caused their income to shrink by about half.

In the context of his wife dying ... I'm not sure having to take the lesser rig is much of a penalty ... kinda of slow on "printing" more money so he can have the better rig ...

This is "tickle down economics" at its best ... give the Rich $7 trillion, and in a few years, a little of this will "tickle down" to your co-worker ... and then he'll be able to afford a new rig ...

In the context of his wife dying ... I'm not sure having to take the lesser rig is much of a penalty ... kinda of slow on "printing" more money so he can have the better rig ...

This is "tickle down economics" at its best ... give the Rich $7 trillion, and in a few years, a little of this will "tickle down" to your co-worker ... and then he'll be able to afford a new rig ...

Paying for a car he doesn't need is not a penalty? Sounds like one to me. It isn't the bank's fault his wife died. Its not his fault either. Its a global pandemic. If there was ever a (in my view) a clean cut example of where government can play a role it is in a case like this.

No pork
No bullshit

just money for the people our government forced out of work?

Okay, let's take a barebones look at two programs on the table right now.

The first one is the bipartisan bill from the House and many of the Republican Senators (back door) which is 908B. It doesn't differentiate between Red and Blue or Purple or Pink with Purple Spot States. It has more protection for big business than I care for and has way too much for the Farm Bill that most of it will go to Millionaire and Billionaire Farmers (and non farmers) to suit me. But it does cover the Unemployment that is running out on Dec 26th and 31st across the nation. And it does get some money into the hands of small businesses hardest hit (not enough for my tastes). Moscow Mitch won't allow it onto the floor or into a Committee for discussion or vote.

Moscow Mitch has his a 550B. This is like an economy car when a Bus is needed. Too much of it is geared to keep the Industry Giants rolling and not enough to prevent the small businesses and little guys heads at least at water level. Even the Administration won't support this turkey. But Moscow Mitch and his cohorts stick with it. It's failed twice now in the Senate but they keep sticking to it.

The 908B is based on the premise that the rest needed will be added to the next budget bill. Or at least the promise of it. Even Moscow Mitch has admitted that it will be needed sooner or later. But I don't believe any of us can believe anything that Moscow Mitch promises anymore. But the 908B bill has come a long way from the 2.1T bill from a year ago that the house introduced. The Administration has already said it would back the 908B bill and the addition to the next budget for the additional things needed.

There is NO Pork here. And anyone claiming there is is just trolling, lying or being stupid. Come Dec 26th, it's going to get real serious real fast. And many millions are progged to have a very miserable Merry Christmas and a very terrible New Year.
What part of simple bill for the people did you not understand?

And that is exactly what the 980B bill is. Well as simple as it can be made for right now. And it's accepted by the majority in Congress. But one person stands in it's way, Moscow Mitch. What the hell do you want anyway? You haven't said what you want. You just want to play party politics. It's past the time for that. We are within 20 days of a total catastrophe.
My position has nothing to do with party politics. And the bill you cited is FAR from a simple bill for the people. It's laden with bullshit left and right. Neither party has any worthwhile bill on the table.

I wished things were so simple that we could have a simple bill that would cure all. But that just ain't gonna happen. The 908B bill is as close as we are going to get right now. No, it's not perfect, no bill is. And it's going to have to be redone as time goes on. Hence, the promise of the changes to the Budget Bill later one. Even the 908B bill isn't enough but it's enough to stave off a total collapse.
Let it collapse. Sometimes, pain is the only way to wake people up.

What you mean is, let the Rich get even richer while let ALL the rest collapse. Let them eat cake except they won't have any cake to eat.

Are you going to get your cut?

Paying for a car he doesn't need is not a penalty? Sounds like one to me. It isn't the bank's fault his wife died. Its not his fault either. Its a global pandemic. If there was ever a (in my view) a clean cut example of where government can play a role it is in a case like this.

Does he not have the use of the extra rig? ... maybe I misunderstood, I thought you said he had two rigs ... he can sell one and pay off the loan ... why should government intervene so he can keep a rig he doesn't want? ...

He has a closet full of women's clothes he doesn't need either ...

Does he not have the use of the extra rig? ... maybe I misunderstood, I thought you said he had two rigs ... he can sell one and pay off the loan ... why should government intervene so he can keep a rig he doesn't want? ...

Presumably, he doesn't have a loan for his own clothing....

And...the government HAS intervened...it isn't a matter of my thinking that we should pass $2.2T for covid relief. We have already. It would sure seem to me that this would have been included in the relief package--back to the topic of the OP.

And...the government HAS intervened...it isn't a matter of my thinking that we should pass $2.2T for covid relief. We have already. It would sure seem to me that this would have been included in the relief package--back to the topic of the OP.

Well, it wasn't ... nor is it likely to be in any future relief packages ...

This money is simply created out of thin air ... given to the banks who promptly deposit it into the US government's checking account ... then checks are written as the legislation specifies ... the recently widowed doesn't have a strong Lobby in Washington DC, so they typically don't get any relief ... that's what life insurance is for ...

I'm not saying this is right, I'm not saying this is wrong ... just saying how it is ...

Well, it wasn't ... nor is it likely to be in any future relief packages ...

This money is simply created out of thin air ... given to the banks who promptly deposit it into the US government's checking account ... then checks are written as the legislation specifies ... the recently widowed doesn't have a strong Lobby in Washington DC, so they typically don't get any relief ... that's what life insurance is for ...

I'm not saying this is right, I'm not saying this is wrong ... just saying how it is ...
Agreed. Which is why I commented on the thread to start with...supporting Grump's OP. Which was weird enough.

No pork
No bullshit

The first one is the bipartisan bill from the House and many of the Republican Senators (back door) which is 908B. It doesn't differentiate between Red and Blue or Purple or Pink with Purple Spot States. It has more protection for big business than I care for and has way too much for the Farm Bill that most of it will go to Millionaire and Billionaire Farmers (and non farmers) to suit me. But it does cover the Unemployment that is running out on Dec 26th and 31st across the nation. And it does get some money into the hands of small businesses hardest hit (not enough for my tastes). Moscow Mitch won't allow it onto the floor or into a Committee for discussion or vote.

Moscow Mitch has his a 550B. This is like an economy car when a Bus is needed. Too much of it is geared to keep the Industry Giants rolling and not enough to prevent the small businesses and little guys heads at least at water level. Even the Administration won't support this turkey. But Moscow Mitch and his cohorts stick with it. It's failed twice now in the Senate but they keep sticking to it.

The 908B is based on the premise that the rest needed will be added to the next budget bill. Or at least the promise of it. Even Moscow Mitch has admitted that it will be needed sooner or later. But I don't believe any of us can believe anything that Moscow Mitch promises anymore. But the 908B bill has come a long way from the 2.1T bill from a year ago that the house introduced. The Administration has already said it would back the 908B bill and the addition to the next budget for the additional things needed.

There is NO Pork here. And anyone claiming there is is just trolling, lying or being stupid. Come Dec 26th, it's going to get real serious real fast. And many millions are progged to have a very miserable Merry Christmas and a very terrible New Year.

And that is exactly what the 980B bill is. Well as simple as it can be made for right now. And it's accepted by the majority in Congress. But one person stands in it's way, Moscow Mitch. What the hell do you want anyway? You haven't said what you want. You just want to play party politics. It's past the time for that. We are within 20 days of a total catastrophe.
My position has nothing to do with party politics. And the bill you cited is FAR from a simple bill for the people. It's laden with bullshit left and right. Neither party has any worthwhile bill on the table.

I wished things were so simple that we could have a simple bill that would cure all. But that just ain't gonna happen. The 908B bill is as close as we are going to get right now. No, it's not perfect, no bill is. And it's going to have to be redone as time goes on. Hence, the promise of the changes to the Budget Bill later one. Even the 908B bill isn't enough but it's enough to stave off a total collapse.

What you mean is, let the Rich get even richer while let ALL the rest collapse. Let them eat cake except they won't have any cake to eat.

I mean let it collapse from the Democrat lunacy and maybe the citizens will wake up to the fact that the Democrats are out for their own power and wealth and don't give a fuck about anyone.

No pork
No bullshit

I mean let it collapse from the Democrat lunacy and maybe the citizens will wake up to the fact that the Democrats are out for their own power and wealth and don't give a fuck about anyone.

Your Hatred for the "Other"Side is making you make stupid decisions. If you haven't noticed, MOST of the rest of us agree that the 2.2T bill is what is needed. The 908B is just a bandaid. The problem with you Party of the Rumpers is, you are trying to burn America down to the ground because you didn't get your way. The more you react that way, the more people are taking that walk of shame.

I hope you're right: I'm thinking of buying a new car I can't afford and letting the government make the payments!

P.S. About a million spouses die every year. What is so special about YOUR friend?

I hope you're right: I'm thinking of buying a new car I can't afford and letting the government make the payments!

P.S. About a million spouses die every year. What is so special about YOUR friend?

The US Government passed a $2.2 Trillion dollar relief bill for what killed my friend's wife. Some of the relief monies should remedy his situation.

My friend doesn't want to keep the car.

Forum List

Back