What is so TERRIBLE about voter ID?

The problem with voter ID when it's done right, which it isn't, is that lots of people don't have IDs and a lot of them would have trouble getting one and in many cases, such as 96 year old Dorothy Cooper, wouldn't be able to get one at all under the current system. The number of cases of actual voter fraud that could be prevented by voter ID is so scant that voter ID laws would keep more valid voters from voting then it would prevent fake voters, unless steps were taken to prevent the former. But they're not doing that, in fact in some cases they're doing the opposite

The Republicans are pushing voter ID bills to suppress the black vote.

They know it, and we know it.

Will it work? Maybe in the short term, but in the long term it will serve to alienate voters.

The Republicans are pushing voter ID bills to suppress the black vote.

They know it, and we know it.

Will it work? Maybe in the short term, but in the long term it will serve to alienate voters.
you spelled "illegal vote" wrong.

Let's take it further and require a national ID that is linked to biometric data

Voter fraud is small potatoes. It can stop ID theft, be used as a passport, drivers license, credit card, healthcare card......anything you need it for

You want to vote from your home computer?

Swipe your card and register your vote to a website

This Republican suppression of the black vote goes back a long way.
You mean like Democrat poll taxes in the south? Jim Crow laws and what not, passed by democrat state legislatures, governors and courts?

Oh yes... I can see that clearly. :rolleyes:

Let's take it further and require a national ID that is linked to biometric data

Voter fraud is small potatoes. It can stop ID theft, be used as a passport, drivers license, credit card, healthcare card......anything you need it for

People deny God, the Christ, the Bible, and it's teachings, yet we are heading just as fast as we can to exactly what it actually said was heading towards us in revelations (or) is going to be coming our way soon (or) will happen definetly soon enough, and guess what? Who will it be that will be working for whom when that time comes ?

The heavy push towards it all is now here, and now all one has to do is sit back and watch it all take place....:eusa_pray:

PS. How about this maybe, lets go back to obtaining our freedoms once again from it all, and let the world suffer the consequences of it's own actions, instead of us following just as hard as we can go now, the many who are running now in the world, straight down into the pit?

Last edited:

People deny God, the Christ, the Bible, and it's teachings, yet we are heading just as fast as we can to exactly what it actually said was heading towards us in revelations (or) is going to be coming our way soon (or) will happen definetly soon enough, and guess what? Who will it be that will be working for whom when that time comes ?

The heavy push towards it all is now here, and now all one has to do is sit back and watch it all take place....:eusa_pray:

Oh God.....will somebody just shoot me?

We have to set US policy because of mark of the beast nonsense

Oh God.....will somebody just shoot me?

We have to set US policy because of mark of the beast nonsense

You might not want to ask that question too often around here. :eusa_shhh:

You never know that someone won't take you up on the offer. :)

Immie

There are no reliable statistics or estimates of the number or proportion of youth in foster care who don’t have birth certificates or social security numbers. But, as Dominique Freeman discovered, those who lack them face daunting prospects. Securing her identity took some detective work on the part of the Alliance. There was no process established on how to get it done. According to Holtzman, in most of these cases the children are born outside of a hospital and they have no birth records.

That was the case with Freeman. She said, “I was taken to the hospital after [my birth], but they were so concerned about taking me from my birth mother they didn’t record my birth.” Like many young children in the foster care system, Freeman’s biological mother was on drugs. The priority for the social worker was her safety, not her identity, she said

No Birth Records = Tough Road Ahead When Aging Out of Foster Care | The Defenders Online | A Civil Rights Blog

All I can figure is that the radical left has found a primitive tribe living here in the US and has taken them under their wing. Is there a tribe of primitive adults who have never cashed a check, applied for a bank account, rented an apartment, bought a six pack of beer, entered a federal building, applied for a drivers license, applied for welfare/food stamps, held a job? All those things and many more require a photo I.D.

A recent national survey sponsored by the Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of
Law reveals that millions of American citizens do not have readily available documentary
proof of citizenship. Many more – primarily women – do not have proof of citizenship
with their current name. The survey also showed that millions of American citizens do
not have government-issued photo identification, such as a driver’s license or passport.
Finally, the survey demonstrated that certain groups – primarily poor, elderly, and
minority citizens – are less likely to possess these forms of documentation than the
general population.

http://www.brennancenter.org/page/-/d/download_file_39242.pdf

Poor, elderly and minority. Exactly the Americans Republicans love to squat on. Figures.

Yeah and those hundreds of thousands of Federalist Troops, led by a republican President (Abraham Lincoln), did everything that they could to suppress the blacks in this nation, by going and killing hundreds of thousands of Southern born voting Americans, for whom didnot want to fathom or even think to give up the thousands of laborers/slaves by order of, because they had no otherway to farm vast amounts of land without them being enslaved, were the thoughts in their minds at the time, in order to bring in the large crops from the fields once ready for harvesting. If were freed these slaves, well the fear was that they wouldnot work for the plantation owners anylonger under any low or seriously wrongful conditions in order to get the job done, and they also feared that they inturn could barter for their pay and benefits as free-men, and that was just un-thinkable by them at the time.

Men knew all along it was wrong to enslave men and women back then, but just as corporations are still guilty of things like this till this very day, yet in a certain yet more cleaner way, it is still just all business to them as it was back then, where as right now to a modern corporation of today, whether it is in China or elswhere where these things still go on, and still do exist today, the thinking is still the same in it all, maybe just more careful in the ways that it is all now gone about, but it is still the same game. It has never been about a persons skin color, but more about a person mentality at the time, and what that person will or won't do all depending on that mentality. This is why many were held back from reading or writing, and this in order to keep the mentality at a level that would be focused on labor and not on freedom that would be gained by education.

Right now there are companies that are still playing all the games, and they are bad these companies who do this stuff, but greed is a terrible thing in which temps men to do evil unto one another, and right now people have stories of this very thing going on right now today.

The right to work states, are states in which are saying to their workforce " you have the right to remain silent, anything you do or say will be held against you at a later date, and will get you fired without any repercussions falling back onto the company", and even if that company is dead in the wrong it matters not is their thinking under such protections now.

Last edited:
Yeah and those hundreds of thousands of Federalist Troops, led by a republican President (Abraham Lincoln), did everything that they could to suppress the blacks in this nation, by going and killing hundreds of thousands of Southern born voting Americans, for whom didnot want to fathom or even think to give up the thousands of laborers/slaves by order of, because they had no otherway to farm vast amounts of land without them being enslaved, was the thoughts in their minds at the time (or) to bring in the large crops from the fields once ready for harvesting, if were freed these slaves, because if freed, they inturn could barter for their pay and benefits as free-men.

Men knew all along it was wrong to enslave men and women back then, but just as corporations are still guilty of things like this till this very day, yet in a certain yet more cleaner way, it is still just all business to them as it was back then, where as right now to a modern corporation of today, whether it is in China or elswhere where these things still go on, and still do exist today, the thinking is still the same in it all, maybe just more careful in the ways that it is all now gone about.

Taking credit for what Republicans did when liberals ran the party is like Bush taking credit for getting Bin Laden.

You mean like Democrat poll taxes in the south? Jim Crow laws and what not, passed by democrat state legislatures, governors and courts?

Oh yes... I can see that clearly. :rolleyes:

Are you talking about when Conservatives ran the Democratic Party? Before they fled and joined the Republican Party in the 60's which is why it's now 90% white?

Be proud of your conservative "heritage". To deny it is being a hypocrite.

Yeah and those hundreds of thousands of Federalist Troops, led by a republican President (Abraham Lincoln), did everything that they could to suppress the blacks in this nation, by going and killing hundreds of thousands of Southern born voting Americans, for whom didnot want to fathom or even think to give up the thousands of laborers/slaves by order of, because they had no otherway to farm vast amounts of land without them being enslaved, was the thoughts in their minds at the time (or) to bring in the large crops from the fields once ready for harvesting, if were freed these slaves, because if freed, they inturn could barter for their pay and benefits as free-men.

Men knew all along it was wrong to enslave men and women back then, but just as corporations are still guilty of things like this till this very day, yet in a certain yet more cleaner way, it is still just all business to them as it was back then, where as right now to a modern corporation of today, whether it is in China or elswhere where these things still go on, and still do exist today, the thinking is still the same in it all, maybe just more careful in the ways that it is all now gone about.

Taking credit for what Republicans did when liberals ran the party is like Bush taking credit for getting Bin Laden.

See the mistake Republicans make when they hate education? They end up with no understanding of history and why their party is now 90% white.

What is so terrible about voter ID laws? Nothing. Nothing about it is terrible.

What is wrong with voter ID laws? Well, that may be a different story, and specific answers will depend on specific circumstances. Personally, I'm not inclined to support federally legislated voter ID laws. I prefer to leave it at the state level. Generally speaking, there are certainly issues that arise out of voter ID proposals. Though I'm inclined to feel that the problems are not all that bad in the grand scheme of things, most of the time, at least. I know that at least some states have proposed voter ID bills that would be coupled with opportunities for people to receive state IDs for free. It's a pretty reasonable compromise, IMO, even if not perfect. On the other hand, many times it seems to be an issue more about scoring brownie points than trying to do anything productive. And that irritates me.

All I can figure is that the radical left has found a primitive tribe living here in the US and has taken them under their wing. Is there a tribe of primitive adults who have never cashed a check, applied for a bank account, rented an apartment, bought a six pack of beer, entered a federal building, applied for a drivers license, applied for welfare/food stamps, held a job? All those things and many more require a photo I.D.
Good points !

PS. How about this maybe, lets go back to obtaining our freedoms once again from it all, and let the world suffer the consequences of it's own actions, instead of us following just as hard as we can go now, the many who are running now in the world, straight down into the pit?

I deny your God, your Christ (at least, your BS perception of him), your bible. What of it? I'm not sure what your completely off topic rant had to do with anything. But I'll say this, that if you think that the content of my character or my value as a human being is in any way diminished by the fact that I commune with Divinity in the way that it reveals itself to me, or that I honor my Goddess for her blessings, or that I pray to my other deities as Divinity has shown me fit, then I'd kindly invite you and yours out to dinner with me and my lady. We can share in the blessings of the gods by feasting on beasts, and savor the wine of Earth Mother's bountifulness. And if you still want to insist that I'm destined "straight down into the pit" after a pleasant evening then you can kindly do the community a favor by planting yourself face down in the sewer. :)

Forum List

Back