What Is Space Actually On?

Sure you can. If I answered the question as to the origin, you would then just ask why THAT is. And then again, and agan, and again...
Even kids ask, "Are we there yet", because we aren't there yet. Many math problems have 'givens' to begin with. We want to know where those 'givens' come from.

In a way my questions are rhetorical as I'm certain there is no scientific answer at this time.

Last edited:
No information at all about how atoms are energized
*except for what I just gave you

Are you even reading my responses?

I don't know who told you atoms are not bound by the laws pf physics, but I advise you never to talk to them about science again. Because they are completely loony.

Even kids ask, "Are we there yet", because we aren't there yet. Many math problems have 'givens' to begin with. We want to know where those 'givens' come from.
Of course. Ask all the questions you like. But accept it when you are told that it is not a good question.

*except for what I just gave you

Are you even reading my responses?

I don't know who told you atoms are not bound by the laws pf physics, but I advise you never to talk to them about science again. Because they are completely loony.
Tried to find the article that said as much, couldn't find it. But here's the quote as I remember it.

"Everything above the atomic level is bound by the Laws of Thermodynamics."

Tried to find the article that said as much, couldn't find it. But here's the quote as I remember it.

"Everything above the atomic level is bound by the Laws of Thermodynamics."
That doesn't imply atoms are not bound by the laws of physics.

In normal lab settings, the "law" of conservation of matter applies. In high energy settings, it does not, as matter can be converted to energy, and vice versa.

That doesn't mean matter doesn't follow the laws of physics. It of course does.

Sure you can. If I answered the question as to the origin, you would then just ask why THAT is. And then again, and agan, and again...
uh...yes. :D
That is science, you know that right?
It isn't a religion, you can't just say "believe this" and everyone says ok.
You have to prove it.
Gravity, as that example, is a well known force. We understand what it's effects are, and some limited understanding of other forces that effect it as well, but we don't know how or why it exist.
And that is one of the principle things to be able to accomplish before we can truly be an advanced civilization. There is no "standard" propulsion that can travel space with any degree of realism.
To be able to travel near light speed is to understand how to manipulate gravity and perhaps multi-dimensional space.
Quantum physics will eventually be able to explain that, but we are likely 100 years away from that.

No, not really. Science is a method you perform to try to answer a question. Asking questions is not science.
Science is the study, practice and state of attempting to answer a question.
Thus, for science to exist or to be practiced - you have to have a question.
Without questions - there is nothing to apply science to.
There would be no field of quantum physics if people stopped asking questions - and just accepted a partial answer.
Applying your position - we would still be using donkey carts.

Science is the study, practice and state of attempting to answer a question.
Most importantly, the well defined method of that attempt.

You can do everything you just stated by staing at tea leaves. Is that science? No.

Thus, for science to exist or to be practiced - you have to have a question.
Which doesn't mean questions are science.

To have a swimming pool, you need a body of water. Are all bodies of water swimming pools? No.

Again, question away. "I don't know" is an acceptable answer.

Selection is a natural condition that exists before the living organism even came along. Selection defines whether they come alive, how, and everything after that. Selection works on the basic principle that whatever works better tends to survive and prosper more. Selection determines success, and all living organisms are examples of successful formulations, otherwise, they wouldn't BE living organisms.

Selection begins when 3 helium atoms "select" for carbon inside the early populations of stars ... no carbon-based life until after that happens ... and I believe we need a supernova explosion or ten for the all the elements Earth-life needs ... but that's just Earth ...

Selection begins when 3 helium atoms "select" for carbon inside the early populations of stars ... no carbon-based life until after that happens ... and I believe we need a supernova explosion or ten for the all the elements Earth-life needs ... but that's just Earth ...
Selection operates ON the Helium atoms. Carbon is "selected for" by the forces acting on those atoms.

Yes on the supernovae...

Most importantly, the well defined method of that attempt.

You can do everything you just stated by staing at tea leaves. Is that science? No.

Which doesn't mean questions are science. Is this a basic logic stumble on your part?

To have a swimming pool, you need a body of water. Are all bodies of water swimming pools? No.

Again, question away. "I don't know" is an acceptable answer.
You are out of your league.
Questions are an intricate part of every science, and practice thereof.
If you study how to cure cancer - you don't just stare at cancer cells and see what happens.
You have to ask the what, how and why? And then proceed to answer those questions, which will undoubtedly present a myriad of other questions.
Questions and attempting to answer them is all that science is.

So you are either trolling or out of your league.

Questions are an intricate part of every science, and practice thereof.
But that doesn't mean questions are science. You are stumbling over basic logic. So you might want to hold back on the puffy chested talk for a while.

Questions are not science. They are not even part of the scientific method, in fact. It starts with a hypothesis, which is a proposed answer to a question or set of questions.

Yes, science is one way of trying to answer questions.

I'd like to know how atoms that are billions of years old are energized.
I dunno. Science has excused them from the 1st law of thermodynamics.

The 1st Law is the Conservation of Energy ... which states that 4 billion-year old atoms have the exactly same amount of energy today ... energy is conserved ...

We can't destroy that energy willy-nilly ... what energy one atom loses is gained by another ... Chemistry students in high school are taught how to calculate these values and show that ... indeed ... energy is always conserved ...

Well, "selection" implies a choice, a matter of degree or succeeding in adapting, and the helium > carbon conversion in nucleosynthesis is just an inevitable, unavoidable physical process. Given the right conditions of pressure and temperature, helium will inevitably end up fused into carbon.

Says you. Unfortunately, with no evidence or argument or way to test the claim, your hypothesis isn't making it off the shelf, among serious people.
ID is easily proven, just reverse engineer complex organisms and voila, design appears.

Fortunately for us intelligent design is the result of those selections.

Pretty damn stupid to not select for Beryllium ... and then Carbon ... this is your argument against evolution, too many steps at once ... now you claim this is based on intelligence ... 2+2=4 is smarter than 2+2+2=6 ...

The Preacher said "There's nothing new under the sun" ...

But that doesn't mean questions are science. You are stumbling over basic logic. So you might want to hold back on the puffy chested talk for a while.

Questions are not science. They are not even part of the scientific method, in fact. It starts with a hypothesis, which is a proposed answer to a question or set of questions.

Yes, science is one way of trying to answer questions.
Funny
Half of what a hypothesis is, is a question.
It starts with a question, you can't have a hypothesis without a question to predict an answer to create the hypothesis.

Forum List

Back