What Is Space Actually On?

That about says it all.
Human health: Nonsense.
:omg:
That isn't what I said. You're not a very honest poster, are you?

Think he'll ever address the simple answer he was given about evolution? ... how about yourself? ... do you agree the methane-to-ethane analogy is a simple example of evolution? ... I'm a Christian, not a biologist, so I'm not afraid to check ...

Think he'll ever address the simple answer he was given about evolution? ... how about yourself? ... do you agree the methane-to-ethane analogy is a simple example of evolution? ... I'm a Christian, not a biologist, so I'm not afraid to check ...
I missed it

I missed it

A vessel of pure methane will be contaminated by ethane after time has passed ...

CH4 + CH4 --> C2H6 + H2

Just a simple collision and transfer of kinetic energy to chemical energy ... more collisions build amino acids, sugars and lipids ... evolution ... my question is this too simple? ... seems to me changes along the DNA chain are this simple, just a simple collision and transfer of energy ...

I think you are conflating the two themes that we are discussing. That's confusing.

Perhaps you should finish our discussion ... you wanted a simple answer ... now you have it ...

Any comments? ... methane evolves into ethane, naturally, and every time ... same with hydrogen and DNA ... easy peasy ...

Perhaps you should finish our discussion ... you wanted a simple answer ... now you have it ...

Any comments? ... methane evolves into ethane, naturally, and every time ... same with hydrogen and DNA ... easy peasy ...
I'd be more interested in discussing why atoms defy the laws of physics (perpetual motion).

I'd be more interested in discussing why atoms defy the laws of physics (perpetual motion).

Well, you brought up evolution ... are you admitting you've been "educated" on the matter, and agree the chemistry is robust? ... if so, we can start whipping your ass with the Law of Thermodynamics, which definition of temperature are we using here? ...

I'd rather discuss the missing matter, and chirality ... there's a few other mysteries of the universe ... evolution and quantum mechanics are pretty much "settled science", at least as settled as science can ever be ...

Yeah, I just said GR is wrong, so sue me ...

Well, you brought up evolution ... are you admitting you've been "educated" on the matter, and agree the chemistry is robust? ... if so, we can start whipping your ass with the Law of Thermodynamics, which definition of temperature are we using here? ...

I'd rather discuss the missing matter, and chirality ... there's a few other mysteries of the universe ... evolution and quantum mechanics are pretty much "settled science", at least as settled as science can ever be ...

Yeah, I just said GR is wrong, so sue me ...
It's all the same argument. Evolution requires change at the atomic and molecular level, so let's talk about atoms and molecules. Why does the first law of thermodynamics not apply to atoms, which are actually 'perpetual motion' machines?

A vessel of pure methane will be contaminated by ethane after time has passed ...

CH4 + CH4 --> C2H6 + H2

Just a simple collision and transfer of kinetic energy to chemical energy ... more collisions build amino acids, sugars and lipids ... evolution ... my question is this too simple? ... seems to me changes along the DNA chain are this simple, just a simple collision and transfer of energy ...
Surr they can be, as i understand it. Mutations can happen by many different pathways.

Then let's clarify.

You are about to tell us of a molecule that could not have been formed using materials that were around three billion years ago.
I asked how it formed into the exact form needed by the evolution of a certain tissue.

I asked how it formed into the exact form needed by the evolution of a certain tissue.
By selection, over time. This is VERY basic stuff.

What did you expect to find? Molecules that are not stable? Naturally, the most stable models persisted.

By selection, over time. This is VERY basic stuff.

What did you expect to find? Molecules that are not stable? Naturally, the most stable models persisted.
Selection acts on existing organisms. But how did these organisms form to begin with?

Selection acts on existing organisms.
No.

Selection acts on everything in the universe.

Selection causes the spheroid shape of massive objects in space.

Selection causes the shape of the water molecule.

Selection causes a volcano to be shaped like the letter "A" instead of the letter "V".

Selection acts on existing organisms. But how did these organisms form to begin with?
You are creating a disconnect that doesn't exist.

The entire universe is alive, the energy in a rock is the same as the energy in a strand of DNA.

How "organisms" form is simple combinatorics. They will ALWAYS form given the underlying physics.

No.

Selection acts on everything in the universe.

Selection causes the spheroid shape of massive objects in space.

Selection causes the shape of the water molecule.

Selection causes a volcano to be shaped like the letter "A" instead of the letter "V".
I'm talking about selection regarding the evolution of living organisms.

What is Space actually Made On?
I do not mean the atoms, energy, mass, baryonic matter, planets, dust, moons, or plasma that make up the Universe?
I mean what is holding these physical structures of mass.
I am specifically talking about what the matter is in or on.
Like if you see a painting or drawing. You look at what the drawing is of.
But what is the ink or paint on? What is the canvas made of?
The question we need to ask ourselves is what are we as mass, such as the planets, and the vacuum of space on?
For instance we are 1 astronomical unit from the Sun.
We are 150 million kilometres from the Sun.
And some would say there is nothing between the Earth and the Sun. Just a near perfect vacuum, with virtually nothing between us.
But that is not what I am asking. I am asking what is holding that vacuum. On another level what is the vacuum of 150 million miles on.
You cannot have 150 million miles of nothing. I know you will say it is a vacuum. But what is that vacuum on.
I mean if you had a mile of space on Earth. Yes it might be containing matter, such as oxygen, rocks, oceans, clouds, humans, animals, and plants. But if you had a mile of outer space. There might be a near perfect vacuum. But it is still 1 mile of space. The same distance both times.
So the thing is. Surely the 1 mile of near perfect space and 1 mile of Earth, are the same distance. So what is holding that 1 miles of space whether it be a near perfect vacuum or as on Earth containing huge amounts of matter.
The actual structure that holds 1 mile of vacuum space and 1 mile of matter, must be the same thing,
So what is that is holding the 1 mile of space and 1 mile of Earth matter.
I know the Universe contains mass, energy, matter. But what is it on?
This is a vital philosophical and scientific question.
1 mile of mass and 1 mile of space vacuum, are both the same distance. What are they both on?
It is as if we are people painted on a canvas that tells a story or landscape. On one level you can as an art critic try to explain the story that the painting is telling. But to make that work of art you must know what we are made. Are we paint, or are we layers of different paint on a canvas? And what is that canvas made of? A canvas with no paint on it, is the same distance as a canvas with a beautiful landscape or mythical scene.
What is Space on?
The vacuum could be explained by the rapid expansion of space itself. Kinda like putting your fingertip over the end of a syringe, and pulling on the plunger. It creates vacuum. Mass, and matter are just the stuff caught up in it...

I'm talking about selection regarding the evolution of living organisms.

Selection is a natural condition that exists before the living organism even came along. Selection defines whether they come alive, how, and everything after that. Selection works on the basic principle that whatever works better tends to survive and prosper more. Selection determines success, and all living organisms are examples of successful formulations, otherwise, they wouldn't BE living organisms.

Forum List

Back