What is the deal with mayors and governors and sign language side kicks

Snouter

Can You Smell Me
Aug 3, 2013
TV sets nowadays deliver the text of their BS, in particular their updates about the snowstorm soon to hit the eastcoast. Why the fuck do they have a ridiculous sign language person waving around as if a legally deaf person is attending the event as a reporter? Then again the MSM hires people like Tom Brokaw and Bawbwa Wawa as "reporters" who have serious speech impediments so who knows.

TV sets nowadays deliver the text of their BS. Why the fuck do they have a ridiculous sign language person waving around as if a legally deaf person is attending the event as a reporter? Then again the MSM hires people like Tom Brokaw and Bawbwa Wawa who have serious speech impediments so who knows.

Are they speaking to an empty room or is there an audience? If the latter, is it possible, given that approximately 15% of American adults have some degree of hearing loss, that there are hearing-impaired people in the audience?

More to the point, why does it bother you?

The FCC requires a sign language interpreter for all local, state, and, federal emergencies. Not too mention those closed/open captions are notoriously fickle and at times reads as gibberish. It is vital that people with hearing and visual disabilities get life saving information in the event of an emergency. Also, quit whining and get over it. :thup:

So what the hell are folks who are deaf and blind supposed to do?

I am not sure but this is a very good question. Perhaps a caregiver or a family member is there to help? I would hope that their neighbors would lend a hand if it was a serious matter.

So what the hell are folks who are deaf and blind supposed to do?

I am not sure but this is a very good question. Perhaps a caregiver or a family member is there to help? I would hope that their neighbors would lend a hand if it was a serious matter.

And there are probably Evul Gubmint Programs [that Republicans would love to defund] that provide some sort of alert system. :dunno:

Forum List

Back