What is the explanation Repubs have for Cohen pleading the 5th?

lol I can’t wait to hear it.

Michael Cohen Will Plead the 5th in Stormy Daniels Case - TMZ Michael Cohen Will Plead the 5th in Stormy Daniels Case — TMZ

Afterall, what does a Trump lawyer have to hide?
He has plenty to hide. Why else would he plead the fifth???

And, we learned today that Trump does not want to be interviewed by Mueller. He either knows he is guilty of collusion and obstruction of justice or he realizes that he isn't smart enough to take on Mueller and would wind up looking guilty as hell, even if he isn't.
are you saying he doesn't have that right?

Michael Cohen Will Plead the 5th in Stormy Daniels Case - TMZ Michael Cohen Will Plead the 5th in Stormy Daniels Case — TMZ

And, we learned today that Trump does not want to be interviewed by Mueller. He either knows he is guilty of collusion and obstruction of justice or he realizes that he isn't smart enough to take on Mueller and would wind up looking guilty as hell, even if he isn't.
Sure he does But anyone that pleads the 5th looks guilty as hell Even your dump was close to saying that

Sure he does But anyone that pleads the 5th looks guilty as hell Even your dump was close to saying that
and why all of Hitlery's team and Lois Lerner all took it.

and why all of Hitlery's team and Lois Lerner all took it.
According to emails released by committee aides, Lerner was seeking the ability to give a private deposition even if she did not receive immunity for doing so in order to avoid the public attention. Then, insisted her attorney, William Taylor, she would have fulfilled all her obligations under the subpoena.

"I can tell you that we can probably move forward if the committee agrees that her appearance at a deposition would satisfy any obligation she has or would have to provide information in connection with this investigation," Taylor wrote on Friday. "For her to take the risk inherent in waiver (of her Fifth Amendment privilege), she would need assurance she is resolving her issues with the Committee." In another note to a committee aide, he confirmed she was willing to testify.

Issa did not want to cancel the planned Wednesday hearing - for which Lerner was seeking a delay - until he was satisfied she had testified fully.

When did it become against the law to watch women pee on each other?
It's not. The problem is not the illegality of the act. The problem is that if it was taped that the current POTUS was involved in..... call it alternative sexual practices by the Russian government, they would be able to use it as a way to blackmail him.
So explain how the Russians have blackmailed Trump.
I just did.... providing such tape exists.

It's not. The problem is not the illegality of the act. The problem is that if it was taped that the current POTUS was involved in..... call it alternative sexual practices by the Russian government, they would be able to use it as a way to blackmail him.

The possibility of a future president being blackmailed is acceptable fodder for negative campaigning during an election.
Voters can consider it when making their decision.
After the election it's moot, it's not of importance.

There's no such tape. If there was, it would already be in the public domain. This is just another huge snowflake conspiricy theory. It's a snowflake wet dream.
This was a response to the strawman premise that if something isn't illegal it can't be significant. To your response I say that the nature of blackmail means the blackmailer wouldn't release it. Once used it doesn't do anything for you. Let's recap what we know. Trump has been sexual promiscuous his entire life. Trump was in Moscow when the tape was supposed to be made and made it a point to lie about that fact. Trumps behavior towards Russia has been friendly even when being so wasn't in his best interest.Russia made it a point to try to get him elected during the campaign. None of this is proof bit asserting that it didn't happen is simply impossible and flies in the face of both the established patterns of behavior and the knowledge we do have.

Sorry, dumbass, but that is a load of horseshit. None of it proves a thing. Being where some douchebag lie claims something happened proves nothing since Trump's wherabouts at the time is public information. Using public information when you fabricate a smear isn't exactly rocket science.

Calling Trump "promiscuous" is also a special piece of idiocy since every male is "promiscuous."

Trump's "behavior" towards Russia also doesn't prove a thing. His behavior is of a head of state who doesn't want to make Russia into an enemy.

There is also no evidence that Russia tried to get Trump elected. That's pure snowflake delusion and hysteria.

If this really happened, then why haven't the prostitutes who participated been heard from? Did they disappear from the face of the Earth? They would appear on the hotel security cameras. There would be all kinds of evidence left behind if this occured, but there isn't a trace. That's because it's total fiction. It's pure slander paid for by none other than Hillary Clinton. She belongs in prison.
Being where some douchebag lie claims something happened proves nothing
No it doesn't, but lying about you being there even though the public record show it as a lie suggests an attempt to hide the truth.
every male is "promiscuous."
Look at the definition of promiscuous, I'm male and I can say I don't fit that definition
"behavior" towards Russia also doesn't prove a thing.
True, it just fits a pattern of behavior. A pattern that makes a whole lot of more sense in the context of Potus being compromised.
There is also no evidence that Russia tried to get Trump elected.
Basically every person, including the entire government, Republicans and all disagree with you. At some point denying the obvious becomes ridiculous.
If this really happened, then why haven't the prostitutes who participated been heard from?
If this was a government set up, it wouldn't be all that hard to make a tape, or the prostitutes for that matter disappear considering it happened in their capital.
As I pointed out nothing is a proof of anything by itself, but facts don't exist in a vacuum. Everything has a context and if you apply the pee tape to that context everything makes more sense.

Last edited:

The possibility of a future president being blackmailed is acceptable fodder for negative campaigning during an election.
Voters can consider it when making their decision.
After the election it's moot, it's not of importance.
Actually I can't think of much more important stuff, whether or not the current president is compromised by an adversarial nation.

There's no such tape. If there was, it would already be in the public domain. This is just another huge snowflake conspiricy theory. It's a snowflake wet dream.
This was a response to the strawman premise that if something isn't illegal it can't be significant. To your response I say that the nature of blackmail means the blackmailer wouldn't release it. Once used it doesn't do anything for you. Let's recap what we know. Trump has been sexual promiscuous his entire life. Trump was in Moscow when the tape was supposed to be made and made it a point to lie about that fact. Trumps behavior towards Russia has been friendly even when being so wasn't in his best interest.Russia made it a point to try to get him elected during the campaign. None of this is proof bit asserting that it didn't happen is simply impossible and flies in the face of both the established patterns of behavior and the knowledge we do have.

Sorry, dumbass, but that is a load of horseshit. None of it proves a thing. Being where some douchebag lie claims something happened proves nothing since Trump's wherabouts at the time is public information. Using public information when you fabricate a smear isn't exactly rocket science.

Calling Trump "promiscuous" is also a special piece of idiocy since every male is "promiscuous."

Trump's "behavior" towards Russia also doesn't prove a thing. His behavior is of a head of state who doesn't want to make Russia into an enemy.

There is also no evidence that Russia tried to get Trump elected. That's pure snowflake delusion and hysteria.

If this really happened, then why haven't the prostitutes who participated been heard from? Did they disappear from the face of the Earth? They would appear on the hotel security cameras. There would be all kinds of evidence left behind if this occured, but there isn't a trace. That's because it's total fiction. It's pure slander paid for by none other than Hillary Clinton. She belongs in prison.
No it doesn't, but lying about you being there even though the public record show it as a lie suggest an attempt to hide the truth.

Trump never claimed he wasn't there. Comey claims Trump told him that, but that and $4.00 will buy you a cup of coffee at Starbucks. Comey's claims aren't credible.

That's what you don't seem to get: no one is taking any of Comey's claims at face value. They are assumed to be lies until further evidence comes in.

Look at the definition of promiscuous, I'm male and I can say I don't fit that definition

Meaning you're a loser who couldn't get laid if your life depended on it.

True, it just fits a pattern of behavior. A pattern that makes a whole lot of more sense in the context of Potus being compromised.

There is no pattern of Trump soliciting prostitutes. That's purely a product of your fevered snowflake imagination.

Basically every person, including the entire government Republicans and all disagree with you. At some point denying the obvious becomes ridiculous.

That's pure snowflake horseshit.

If this really happened, then why haven't the prostitutes who participated been heard from?
If this was a government set up, it wouldn't be all that hard to make a tape, or the prostitutes for that matter disappear considering it happened in their capital.
As I pointed out nothing is a proof of anything by itself, but facts don't exist in a vacuum. Everything has a context and if you apply the pee tape to that context everything makes more sense.

Yeah, and if Putin had a time machine he could go back and erase all the evidence. That theory has just as much credibility as yours. You just admitted that you have no corroborating evidence. You only have a smear in the the bogus unverified "dossier."

You'll believe anything negative published about Trump, no matter how sleazy, scurrilous and lacking in credibility, because that's the kind of sleazebag you are.

Trump is a dirtbag Certified,,,,,so any undue behavior credited to him is at least a great possibility

No it doesn't, but lying about you being there even though the public record show it as a lie suggest an attempt to hide the truth.

Trump never claimed he wasn't there. Comey claims Trump told him that, but that and $4.00 will buy you a cup of coffee at Starbucks. Comey's claims aren't credible.

That's what you don't seem to get: no one is taking any of Comey's claims at face value. They are assumed to be lies until further evidence comes in.

There is no pattern of Trump soliciting prostitutes. That's purely a product of your fevered snowflake imagination.

Basically every person, including the entire government Republicans and all disagree with you. At some point denying the obvious becomes ridiculous.

Yeah, and if Putin had a time machine he could go back and erase all the evidence. That theory has just as much credibility as yours. You just admitted that you have no corroborating evidence. You only have a smear in the the bogus unverified "dossier."

You'll believe anything negative published about Trump, no matter how sleazy, scurrilous and lacking in credibility, because that's the kind of sleazebag you are.

In order for this to be true, one would have to assume the then FBI director wrote internal memo's documenting fictitious conversations with the president. If you honestly believe that I have some snake oil to sell
I remember a time when NOT sleeping around was considered a virtue, but hey, whatever I neither have the time nor the inclination, to explain myself to someone who quite obviously has the emotional maturity of my 6 year old daughter.... no that's an insult to my daughter, she, at least is polite.
CIA Director Mike Pompeo Warns Russia Will Target Midterms
I present your new secretary of state
"The evidence of a Russian effort to interfere in the election “is now incontrovertible,” McMaster said at the Munich Security Conference"
Trump continues to deny Russian collusion even as his administration cites interference - The Boston Globe
Previous national security advisor.
POTUS
Donald J. Trump on Twitter
Try again.

Last edited:
This might have something to do with it.
Cohen's attorney on Wednesday said that his client would exercise his Fifth Amendment rights in a separate Stormy Daniels civil lawsuit, due to the ongoing criminal investigation.

Forum List

Back