🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What Is The Flaw In This Sentence?

If this were about 18+ people then the puritan thing would be appropriate. This is basically a judge saying piss off to both parents and medical professionals when it comes to children. A parent should have a say in thier childs medical choices. If not let them emancipate the little rug rats when they start growing pubic hair.

The problem here is reverse puritanism, where some people feel the need to have ZERO restrictions on anything involving sex.
If the parent had the control you believe the parent should have the young woman wouldn't be having sex, dope.

So because parents don't establish draconian rules for thier children, thier punishment should be ZERO information about what their daughter is trying to put in thier bodies (from a pharmacist)??

Interesting corner you are painting yourself into with this line of logic.

It never amazes me how some people have such an interest in the sex lives of other people's kids.

irony.jpg

Jesus Christ. It's an over the counter medication. There is no reason in the world that it shouldn't be available to anyone that wants it, just like asprin or pepto.

Right wing loons and their stupidity.

Aspirin is an over the counter medication, and kids can get suspended for bringing it to school.
What's harsher? the punishment for bringing an aspirin, or a peanut butter sandwich?

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_dG2__iWuq...7hpuI/AAAAAAAACJw/aKXBH9f8MS0/s1600/irony.jpg

A 14 year old is not a woman.

Semantics.

Plan B is not abortion or even termination of a pregnancy.

It is contraception.

People having sex should have access to it without question.

If your 14 year-old daughter is having sex, that's your fault, don't burden the state with another welfare child.

Or maybe you buy it ahead of time and store it in case you need it?

In your scenario one has to find a pharmacy to get it, is finding a clinic that much harder?

Looks like you think your mythological fourteen year old is crafty enough to stock up on contraception before the rape.

Jesus fucking Christ.

I've never seen such hypocrisy from someone that pretends to be a libertariani. Condoms are fine and dandy but a birth control pill isn't. What century do you live in?

My libertarianism starts at 18 years old, or wherever the age of majority starts.

A kids' ass is thier parents, unless a court says otherwise.

And who brought rape up into the picture?????

I am talking about a 14 year old being able to go into a pharmacy and get something that SHOULD be by perscription (but isnt due to abortion rights people wigging out over it) without seeing a doctor, and basically being able to self medicate with ZERO input from anyone even remotely responsible for them.

And if you cant figure out the difference betwen chemical birth control and a barrier method, maybe you should take high school health class again.

I guess you cannot debate without your lies.

The FDA decided it didn't meet the standards of prescription. Obama overruled them. This judge overruled Obama.

Then why are there statutory rape laws?
Because the age of majority is 18 and anyone younger needs to be afforded special treatment by the law. That includes the protection from being forced to give birth.

How about the right to protection from being aborted? Oh that's right, it isn't human until it's born....my bad!

We're not talking about the abortion pill, RU486, dumbass.

I swear, you 'conservatives' are the most ignorant people in America.

Jesus Christ. It's an over the counter medication. There is no reason in the world that it shouldn't be available to anyone that wants it, just like asprin or pepto.

Kids would also have to have parents written consent to have aspirin and pepto at school and it would have be locked up by the school nurse...not carried around in their backpack.
Why would any kid want to bring emergency contraceptive to school? Show and Tell?

I hope school districts start stocking Plan B, and allow counselors and school nurses to dispense it.

Kids would also have to have parents written consent to have aspirin and pepto at school and it would have be locked up by the school nurse...not carried around in their backpack.
Why would any kid want to bring emergency contraceptive to school? Show and Tell?

I'm pretty sure my point was clear enough... children under 18 are not considered old enough to administer apirin,cold medicine,pepto etc to themselves by the school without a nurse, parents written permission and in some cases a doctor's note. Yet Ravi (and apparently you) think we should allow them to buy and administer the morning after pill to themselves in secret.

Libs just love trying to have it both ways.

I'm pretty sure my point was clear enough... children under 18 are not considered old enough to administer apirin,cold medicine,pepto etc to themselves by the school without a nurse, parents written permission and in some cases a doctor's note. Yet Ravi (and apparently you) think we should allow them to buy and administer the morning after pill to themselves in secret.

Libs just love trying to have it both ways.

More fucked up 'logic' from the wingnut Right. Who has advocated anyone being allowed to bring and take Plan B in schools?

A 14 year old is not a woman.

Semantics.

Plan B is not abortion or even termination of a pregnancy.

It is contraception.

People having sex should have access to it without question.

If your 14 year-old daughter is having sex, that's your fault, don't burden the state with another welfare child.

I have to disagree with the "it's your fault" judgement. Sometimes children - even well-raised children - make mistakes.

And if a child is given contraception or drugs without the parents' knowledge, then the parents are being denied information that will help them be better parents and participate in helping their children solve problems and make good decisions. They are also denied information that could prevent drug interaction problems.

If you take parents out of the loop, then you can't blame them for the outcome.

IMHO: Any adult who is made aware of a minor's sexual activity and then doesn't share that information with the parents is an accomplice.

Judge strikes restrictions on "morning-after" pill

The morning after pill must now be made available to females under the age of 17 without a prescription, and without their parents' knowledge.

Currently, only women age 17 or older can obtain emergency contraception pills without a prescription. Point-of-sale restrictions require that all women present identification to a pharmacist before obtaining the drug.

In his ruling, U.S. District Judge Edward Korman said the FDA's rejection of requests to remove age restrictions was "arbitrary, capricious and unreasonable."
The Center for Reproductive Rights has given two thumbs up to this judicial ruling.

See if you can find what is wrong in the sentence I bolded:

Nancy Northup, president of the Center for Reproductive Rights, hailed the ruling. "Women all over the country will no longer face arbitrary delays and barriers just to get emergency contraception," she said

"Women"???

:eusa_whistle:

A 14 year old is not a woman. That is the flaw in the idiot's statement about "women" no longer having to face barriers. Actual women have not had any such barriers. They have been able to get the drug OTC without a prescription. So this ruling has nothing to do with them. Therefore, when the asshole says "women" have had the barriers removed, she is talking about children.

Christ, she may as well have said, "Old enough to bleed, old enough to breed"!

The judge said banning children from this drug was "capricious and arbitrary". What a stupid fuck. It is no different than the drinking age, which is also arbitrary. Is he going to overrule that, too?

Unfortunetly, a 14 year old is old enough to have the basic biological urges. And young enough to ignore the warnings of the consequences of acting on those urges. Have all of you forgotten your own youth? And, children they may be, but they are capable of having children. And that is even less desirable than early sex.

Then they wonder why so many 11,12,13 14 year olds are having sex.
It's because of stupid people like this Judge, who just gave young teens the freedom to have sex without any consequences or responsibility.

You mean it has nothing to do with the fact that allmost all advertising in our society centers around sex?

Face reality, folks. In the past, and not so distant past, either, girls of fourteen were regulary having babies. After all, the average lifespan was only a bit over forty years. Yes, abstinence is wise, and desireable, in order for young ladies to be able to achieve their full potential. But fourteen year old girs or boys are not known for wisdom. Even though I am almost seventy, I well remember my own youth.

Forum List

Back