Zone1 What Is The Line Between Blasphemy and Humor?

1666577101833.png

As I believe that God has a sense of humor and I was made in His image so I do too, but where does the line go between simply just joking about Him and being blasphemous because sometimes it's hard to tell and I definitely don't want to be blasphemous, I just want to be funny and make people laugh.
Humor is when God is laughing with you

Blasphemy is when you are engulfed in flames for all of eternity.

Understand?

Incidentally, how do you like yourself, medium or well done?

Last edited:
As I believe that God has a sense of humor and I was made in His image so I do too, but where does the line go between simply just joking about Him and being blasphemous because sometimes it's hard to tell and I definitely don't want to be blasphemous, I just want to be funny and make people laugh.

There is actually a very good Bible story that covers this principle. I wish I knew right off the bat where it is. I believe it is in Corinthians.

Some of the Jews were converting to Christianity and those Jews were buying meat sacrificed to pagan idols. They were extremely cheap and since it was a false god it didn’t matter much. The gentile Christians who grew up worshipping those false idols were offended by the Jews for buying that pagan sanctified meat. Basically if you hurt your fellow Christians with your jokes, you should be careful around those who are easily offended. It isn’t about being blasphemous or not being blasphemous. It is about being courteous to your audience and not distracting them from their duties as Christians over trivial matters. Your desire to entertain shouldn’t matter more than setting up your fellow Christians to succeed in their ministry. If they are focusing on hating you then they are not being fully effective. You won’t be in the wrong but you could become inefficient in the cause of Christ.

Forum List

Back