What is the republican solution to ending mass shootings? Why don’t they ever offer solutions?

A person who wants to kill themselves will find a way. The people who attempt suicide don't want to kill themselves, they are just looking for help using sympathy.

You can remove every gun in the country, and it won't change our suicide rate.

You don't know what the fuck you are talking about and you don't give a shit

Socrates-S.jpg

Also from Open secrets

In North Carolina, the NRA spent $6.2 million on the incumbent Republican Sen. Richard Burr, the most it has ever invested in a down-ballot race. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)

The National Rifle Association took a historic gamble in 2016, and it paid off in a huge way.

The gun rights group placed multimillion-dollar bets on Donald Trump and six Republican Senate candidates locked in highly competitive races. It poured $50.2 million, or 96 percent of its total outside spending, into these races, and lost only one — an open seat in Nevada, vacated by the Democratic Minority Leader, Harry Reid. That race cost the NRA roughly $2.5 million.

What the fuck do you even think you're talking about?

You mention one state that has lax gun regs and use it to make your point...and then ignore another that has lax gun regs and has a high murder rate. You're cherry picking your data.

And then you ignore the fact that TEXAS has the exact same murder rate as California

And the fact that 25 other states with lax gun regs have higher murder rates.than CA.

You're a joke

Please show us your reliable source and link. Thank you!
Read the fucking thread stupid.

Links are posted

we have the RIGHT to guns , all your talk while welcome because it help to hone my and perhaps others DEBATE Skills and is fun falls on the deaf ears of committed gun people and gun owners Lesh .

and then the name calling in post 744 :afro:, tsk , tsk , you make me smile with your frantic name calling Lesh .

Read the fucking thread stupid.

Links are posted

Only you are stupid, you prove it with every post you enter. Gun control is only designed to subjugate the citizens to a ruling class with no recourse. It is the only reason to implement gun control your statements about guns in every post prove you know nothing whatsoever about the matter and all of your arguments are invalid and uninformed.

You ask for links...and when it's pointed out that they have been provided...you ignore them and go off on some bullshit rant?

OK...fine.surrender accepted

So as per the thread title.

The Gun hugger solution is what?

Grin and bear it?

More guns?

So as per the thread title.

The Gun hugger solution is what?

Grin and bear it?

More guns?

Show us all the word suicide. Thank you!

What is the republican solution to ending mass shootings? Why don’t they ever offer solutions?

That was a strange post.

And your solution is what?

Nothing?

and most gun deaths are suicides.

All the more reason to reduce the availability of guns in our society
You are living in some sort of alternate reality that most don't live in or experience, so you might want to consider that before trying to speak on behalf of millions of American's. Just sayin.

Get out and experience life... Go fishing, hunting, eat some BBQ, and get some friends who might help you to experience life in such ways. So many are trapped in their lives not knowing anything but the things in which they know, and they think that it is the only things they should know, and therefore they try to create in the mind that to be accepted in all sectors of life, then they must configure and control those sectors to their liking or rather destroy them if they don't like them. It is the ultimate mental disorder, but they don't realize it.

1% of all murder occurs in mass shootings even if "most of them" were suicides as Lesh claims we are talking about less than 1% of mass shooters being suicidal

So you think mass shooting simply isn't something we should ever worry about?

Newsflash...parents who love their kids think about mass shootings every time they send their kids off to school..or drop them off at a movie or the mall...
I'm saying it's not the area you should be obsessed over if you really care about lowering the murder rate

And if you want to stop school shootings then you don't let people with guns walk into a school

it ain't rocket science

Seems to me that Lesh wants to use his personal problems , tragedies to limit other Americans Gun Freedoms and that doesn't work on me Lesh .
Hey douchebag...I own guns.

I have owned guns my whole life.

I'm not taking away ANY "freedoms" I just want sensible gun regulations
I sure as hell do not believe you own any guns or that you support the right to gun ownership in any way

And I suppose you have a reason to oppose the Mental Health parts of the common sense gun regs. Could it be that YOU may not be able to have firearms due to that law?

You mean the one that said people on SS who needed help balancing a checkbook were mentally ill?

You should be happy otherwise the government would come take your guns away for being a feeble old man

All of my finances are electronic in all way. I pay by card and 1 minute after I use the card, the transaction is sitting in my bank and the funds have removed. I use only 1 check a month and that is for Rent. All other transactions are either cash or charge. This feeble old man knows how to balance a checkbook but in todays day and age, that becomes less and less important.

Yes, I am on SSI but I am also on Retired Military Pension and do get money from a business I sold around 2005. As you can see, I worked hard for about 40 years and get paid because of those efforts. I paid in money every month for SSI and Medicare. That's MY money. When your Orange Orangatan and his court of fools start monkeying around with it and allows MY money to be taken out of the Trust and put into the General Fund then they are stealing from me and 10s of millions of other people.
There is no SS trust fund you dolt all your SS comes from the general fund

You are living in some sort of alternate reality that most don't live in or experience, so you might want to consider that before trying to speak on behalf of millions of American's. Just sayin.

Get out and experience life... Go fishing, hunting, eat some BBQ, and get some friends who might help you to experience life in such ways. So many are trapped in their lives not knowing anything but the things in which they know, and they think that it is the only things they should know, and therefore they try to create in the mind that to be accepted in all sectors of life, then they must configure and control those sectors to their liking or rather destroy them if they don't like them. It is the ultimate mental disorder, but they don't realize it.

What we have done around here is to remove the cult of the AR. Yes, you can still buy one if you want. In fact, the prices have dropped dramatically since they are just gathering dust in the Racks in the Gun Shops. I saw a MP-15 SW that retails for 599 on sale for 399 and it still won't sell. Those that already bought them don't need any more and there aren't any new buyers that want them. 6 years ago, they were flying off the shelves at full retail. The fear that is still tried today of "They are coming for your guns" doesn't work anymore. But the other types of real hunting rifles have gone up so people are still buying firearms. Just not the ARs. The Cult has been broken up which was made to grow due to fears artificially generated and have since been debunked. But there are some areas that the fear continues and the AR is still selling like hotcakes. For 599 I can get a conventional semi auto hunting rifle that is traditional in design and is just down right gorgeous. Something can be said about exotic woods over plastic. While it's perfectly legal to walk down the street with your Favorite AR, it's extremely frowned upon. You will find yourself friendless in a matter of minutes.

As long as the Cult of the AR exists though it will be the weapon of choice of the Mass Murderers. Yes, other weapons can do the job just not as efficient. You can claim that the AR was designed as a varmint rifle but I think we all know it was designed for combat and also can be used for Varmints. Then again, the other semi auto rifles also can be used for combat but they were originally designed as varmint rifles and do varmint hunting better and are more pleasing to the eyes. At a shoot, you will ocassionaly see an AR but no one is giving it much thought except for a very small group. But if someone shows up with a full dress Varmint Weatherby, that will draw quite a crowd. This is why some of the shooters say if you show up to a shootoff with just an AR you will be laughed right out of there. We broke the cult. You don't have to confiscate the ARs, just break the cult and they will slowly disappear into history from whence they came.

To give you an idea, Smith and Wessons MP-15 was their primary production rifle for about 9 years. Last year, they were hurting so bad that they were talking about Chapter 11. It seems the MP-15 market all but dried up. They produced like there was a Cult in every town. Now, the MP-15 is gathering dust on store shelves and SW can't justify producing many more. Yes, one person in here claims to be a Gun Shop Owner and sales have never been better. He claims to make at least one sale of the MP-15 a month. AFter seeing his posts, He may or may not be a Gun Shop Owner but that low of sales won't keep the doors open. In a retail market, if you aren't doing at least 600 bucks a day, shut the store down and find a job. Because 600 bucks a day is only about 200 a day gross profit. AFter expenses, you might have 50 bucks left. And 50 bucks a day means you will probably be on some form of Public Assistance. And I don't get out of bed for 50 bucks a day. That's about 8 bucks an hour gross pay.

I am also seeing Gun Dealer Shops closing their doors around here. We used to have a bunch of them including the Pawn Shops. Even the Pawn Shops are starting to close down. Well, those that have most of their money in Guns. These cropped up right after 1998 when the AR ban was lifted. But, hey, it's been a fun 10 year ride but it's come to an end.

As I said, you don't have to completely ban the AR, just do the common sense firearms regulations and the AR dies a slow death like it has. It's taken about 5 years to get it that way. So when I see a gun crazy go off about how I am coming for his AR and people should buy more, that is the tired old scare tactic that worked so well but it was seen as a con in the last 2 years.

What we have done around here is to remove the cult of the AR. Yes, you can still buy one if you want. In fact, the prices have dropped dramatically since they are just gathering dust in the Racks in the Gun Shops. I saw a MP-15 SW that retails for 599 on sale for 399 and it still won't sell. Those that already bought them don't need any more and there aren't any new buyers that want them. 6 years ago, they were flying off the shelves at full retail. The fear that is still tried today of "They are coming for your guns" doesn't work anymore. But the other types of real hunting rifles have gone up so people are still buying firearms. Just not the ARs. The Cult has been broken up which was made to grow due to fears artificially generated and have since been debunked. But there are some areas that the fear continues and the AR is still selling like hotcakes. For 599 I can get a conventional semi auto hunting rifle that is traditional in design and is just down right gorgeous. Something can be said about exotic woods over plastic. While it's perfectly legal to walk down the street with your Favorite AR, it's extremely frowned upon. You will find yourself friendless in a matter of minutes.

As long as the Cult of the AR exists though it will be the weapon of choice of the Mass Murderers. Yes, other weapons can do the job just not as efficient. You can claim that the AR was designed as a varmint rifle but I think we all know it was designed for combat and also can be used for Varmints. Then again, the other semi auto rifles also can be used for combat but they were originally designed as varmint rifles and do varmint hunting better and are more pleasing to the eyes. At a shoot, you will ocassionaly see an AR but no one is giving it much thought except for a very small group. But if someone shows up with a full dress Varmint Weatherby, that will draw quite a crowd. This is why some of the shooters say if you show up to a shootoff with just an AR you will be laughed right out of there. We broke the cult. You don't have to confiscate the ARs, just break the cult and they will slowly disappear into history from whence they came.

To give you an idea, Smith and Wessons MP-15 was their primary production rifle for about 9 years. Last year, they were hurting so bad that they were talking about Chapter 11. It seems the MP-15 market all but dried up. They produced like there was a Cult in every town. Now, the MP-15 is gathering dust on store shelves and SW can't justify producing many more. Yes, one person in here claims to be a Gun Shop Owner and sales have never been better. He claims to make at least one sale of the MP-15 a month. AFter seeing his posts, He may or may not be a Gun Shop Owner but that low of sales won't keep the doors open. In a retail market, if you aren't doing at least 600 bucks a day, shut the store down and find a job. Because 600 bucks a day is only about 200 a day gross profit. AFter expenses, you might have 50 bucks left. And 50 bucks a day means you will probably be on some form of Public Assistance. And I don't get out of bed for 50 bucks a day. That's about 8 bucks an hour gross pay.

I am also seeing Gun Dealer Shops closing their doors around here. We used to have a bunch of them including the Pawn Shops. Even the Pawn Shops are starting to close down. Well, those that have most of their money in Guns. These cropped up right after 1998 when the AR ban was lifted. But, hey, it's been a fun 10 year ride but it's come to an end.

As I said, you don't have to completely ban the AR, just do the common sense firearms regulations and the AR dies a slow death like it has. It's taken about 5 years to get it that way. So when I see a gun crazy go off about how I am coming for his AR and people should buy more, that is the tired old scare tactic that worked so well but it was seen as a con in the last 2 years.
You can do anything you can with an AR 15 with any other semiautomatic .223

1% of all murder occurs in mass shootings even if "most of them" were suicides as Lesh claims we are talking about less than 1% of mass shooters being suicidal

Newsflash...parents who love their kids think about mass shootings every time they send their kids off to school..or drop them off at a movie or the mall...
I'm saying it's not the area you should be obsessed over if you really care about lowering the murder rate

And if you want to stop school shootings then you don't let people with guns walk into a school

it ain't rocket science

You had damn well better obsess about the area you are in until it's under control.

As for stopping people from entering into schools with guns, it's easy to stop a handgun or a shotgun. It shows up on a metal detector or an Xray machine. But the AR with lots and lots of ammo can start his killing right at the check point and shoot his way in. The good news is, any decent School will go into a lockdown procedure where the shooter is faced with nothing but metal doors and lots of cops on their way. The most they can kill will be the guards at the check point. Plus, if you see someone coming towards a school wearing a Duster or a full length rain coat and it's a nice sunny and hot day, call the cops. Some areas say that is normal attire. On a nice sunny hot day, there has to be a reason other than fashion for wearing that garb. And accepting it as normal is just begging for a mass shooting. Another way (included) is the working with the Public on awareness. More Guns are never the answer. The only way I want to see more guns in that situation is if it's brought to the site by a whole bunch of cops.

Your so called "Do This" is just making it easier for the shooter to get his weapon on site regardless of what it is. If it's a Cult Shooter bent on going for the record then what you suggest won't work. What I suggest does work because we do it around here.

You want to arm the teachers. The teachers around here have rejected that idea. You want to have tons of onsight Security, who's going to pay for that. We have adopted a way that we don't need to arm the teachers and have a small army of armed security guards at the schools. But you just want to keep the AR Cult going and sell more guns. You sound like you are working for the NRA and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if you are.

it ain't rocket science

You had damn well better obsess about the area you are in until it's under control.

As for stopping people from entering into schools with guns, it's easy to stop a handgun or a shotgun. It shows up on a metal detector or an Xray machine. But the AR with lots and lots of ammo can start his killing right at the check point and shoot his way in. The good news is, any decent School will go into a lockdown procedure where the shooter is faced with nothing but metal doors and lots of cops on their way. The most they can kill will be the guards at the check point. Plus, if you see someone coming towards a school wearing a Duster or a full length rain coat and it's a nice sunny and hot day, call the cops. Some areas say that is normal attire. On a nice sunny hot day, there has to be a reason other than fashion for wearing that garb. And accepting it as normal is just begging for a mass shooting. Another way (included) is the working with the Public on awareness. More Guns are never the answer. The only way I want to see more guns in that situation is if it's brought to the site by a whole bunch of cops.

Your so called "Do This" is just making it easier for the shooter to get his weapon on site regardless of what it is. If it's a Cult Shooter bent on going for the record then what you suggest won't work. What I suggest does work because we do it around here.

You want to arm the teachers. The teachers around here have rejected that idea. You want to have tons of onsight Security, who's going to pay for that. We have adopted a way that we don't need to arm the teachers and have a small army of armed security guards at the schools. But you just want to keep the AR Cult going and sell more guns. You sound like you are working for the NRA and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if you are.

The area I'm in has near ZERO crime and guess what lots of people own guns around here

For someone who thinks he knows as much about security as you I would think you would know what a man trap style entry is

2 sets of doors no one gets through the second set of doors without being cleared.

Won't stop a psycho from trying but it will sure as hell limit the damage more that your AR 15 regulation campaign and as everyone else but you knows any semiautomatic .223 can be used in place of an AR

And if you're going to tell me what I want or what I have said use the quote function.

I don't recall saying anything about arming teachers or tons of security.

You can do anything you can with an AR 15 with any other semiautomatic .223

You can stop your sales pitch. Fewer and fewer are buying it anymore. I can do things with a Model 70 243 or 22.250 that you can only wet dream with your 223. The 223 was invented to wound people not as a varmint round. It was specifically invented for the AR-15 Model 601 in 1958. The AR-15 Model 601 is a full auto light machine gun that can also shoot single shots. In 1963 (some claim 1962) the AR-15 was born out of the AR-15 Model 601. In order to adhere to the Firearms act of 1934,some changes had to be made so it would not accepte certain internal parts from the Model 601. And then they put a clamp on anyone making conversion kits to make the AR-15 Mode 760 (civilian AR) into the Model 601 so easy. But the AR-15 model 760 shares almost ALL parts with the model 601. In fact, if you have the 601 (the daddy to both the AR-15 and M-16) set on single shot setting, you will not be able to tell the difference between the 601, 760 or even the Model 602 through 604 (the modern M-16 and M-4. The thought for the 556 Nato Round was that it didn't kill outright. It wounded. That means it takes out the troop and it takes at least 2 others to care for him and remove him from the battle field. Due to cheapening of the materials and keeping costs down, the 223 was invented in 1962(3) because it requires a lower chamber pressure and is less powerful than the 556 nato round. The AR-15 Model 760 wasn't a very popular rifle until people started using the M-16 in combat in 1968 and the sales picked up. But it really wasn't that popular until the scare of "They are coming for your Guns" started in earnest. But it wasn't until after 1998 when they lifted the ban on ARs that they came in their Cult Status. Sometime after 1998, in order to be a well dress fashionable "Patriot" you were required to wear full cammies (including your underwear), a web belt with things dangling from it including extra ammo mags and burnishing an AR-15. I had no idea there were so many small member people out there but they were. The good news is that fashionable look is going away. Maybe we will get back to the engraved wooden stock rifles that are just plain works of art.

The sooner that the public becomes aware that there are better rifles and calibers than the AR-15 and the 223 the sooner the Mass Shootings, going for the high body count and new all time record, will stop.

it ain't rocket science

The area I'm in has near ZERO crime and guess what lots of people own guns around here

For someone who thinks he knows as much about security as you I would think you would know what a man trap style entry is

2 sets of doors no one gets through the second set of doors without being cleared.

Won't stop a psycho from trying but it will sure as hell limit the damage more that your AR 15 regulation campaign and as everyone else but you knows any semiautomatic .223 can be used in place of an AR

And if you're going to tell me what I want or what I have said use the quote function.

I don't recall saying anything about arming teachers or tons of security.

Oooh,more Cult status teachings. The day my home needs a mantrap is the day I sell it and move to a place that doesn't require it. If I wanted to live in Syria I would have moved there already.

Forum List

Back