Zone1 What is wrong with me, that I can't find a good church?

forkintheroad7

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2024
If I didn't know better, I'd think something was wrong w/ me bc I can't find a good Church. As most people here know, I am Catholic. But the novus ordo "branch" of the Catholic Church is far from being to my liking. So then I tried the SSPX "branch" and that was OK but there arent any in my area, that I know of. Then I checked out the Sedevacantist 'branch' and it had some serious issues also, although I did find a good Sede Church in the area I used to live in but I don't live there anymore. Plus, I think infiltrators have infiltrated ALL branches of the RCC, so yeh, maybe it is no wonder I can't find a Church that seems right for me.

Thanks, Luther... :mad:

Nothing. Across the spectrum a good church is hard to find, period
Well, thanks for being in my corner. So few are.

I don't know what your experiences w/ the RCC are, but if you ever want to share some of them, I'm all ears. I love Church (or "church" ) stories.

I did go to a very good novus ordo Catholic Church years ago.. no, a couple of them. But again, I had to move or felt I should move anyhow.. Maybe I made a big mistake on at least one of those moves, but I always try to listen to God about things, so.. who knows whether I heard him right on this or that move but anyhow.. I miss having a good Catholic Church.. miss it deeply

Well, thanks for being in my corner. So few are.

I don't know what your experiences w/ the RCC are, but if you ever want to share some of them, I'm all ears. I love Church (or "church" ) stories.

I did go to a very good novus ordo Catholic Church years ago.. no, a couple of them. But again, I had to move or felt I should move anyhow.. Maybe I made a big mistake on at least one of those moves, but I always try to listen to God about things, so.. who knows whether I heard him right on this or that move but anyhow.. I miss having a good Catholic Church.. miss it deeply
We started Catholic. Mom and Dad graduated from Catholic schools. Later they went Baptist. We graduated from Bapt high school. Problem Baptists had was when kids wander even a little they are ostracized which never helps

If I didn't know better, I'd think something was wrong w/ me bc I can't find a good Church. As most people here know, I am Catholic. But the novus ordo "branch" of the Catholic Church is far from being to my liking. So then I tried the SSPX "branch" and that was OK but there arent any in my area, that I know of. Then I checked out the Sedevacantist 'branch' and it had some serious issues also, although I did find a good Sede Church in the area I used to live in but I don't live there anymore. Plus, I think infiltrators have infiltrated ALL branches of the RCC, so yeh, maybe it is no wonder I can't find a Church that seems right for me.

A LOT of churches have been corrupted so don't feel odd about drawing conclusions. The RCC has drawn some sharp criticisms from the more traditional Latin Catholic Church so you are not the only one thinking on that line for sure. I had just shy of ten years experience in both maintenance/repair @ the St. Michaels academy(Registry of Historical places) based in north Spokane Washington. Though I am not a practicing Catholic I found the Latin Catholics to be DEDICATED to their faith, honest & hard working folks. I discovered NO negatives with either the congregation or faculty. If you are in an area that has a Latin Catholic church I would suggest from my previous experience @ St. Michaels Academy to give them a try.

I lucked out and found a priest who celebrates the NO Mass in a reverent way. There is just no way we can avoid having altar girls and female eucharistic ministers in our tiny parish. :dunno:

I can tell that our priest lives in awareness of his P's and Q's. We just hope.

Have you tried Orthodoxy?

PM me if you're interested.

I lucked out and found a priest who celebrates the NO Mass in a reverent way. There is just no way we can avoid having altar girls and female eucharistic ministers in our tiny parish. :dunno:

I can tell that our priest lives in awareness of his P's and Q's. We just hope.

I've had good priests in the NO and then there was one I always seemed to clash with (I think I know the reason why but that is a LOOONGG story) but I still liked going to his Mass because it was uplifting.. I think he was a virgin, which I say absolutely helps when a man is a priest. I never thought I'd miss him, but I do. .. even though one time he said that it doesn't matter what religion you are.. don't have to be Catholic! OMG.. The True Church never taught that! That's total novus ordo BS

I've had good priests in the NO and then there was one I always seemed to clash with (I think I know the reason why but that is a LOOONGG story) but I still liked going to his Mass because it was uplifting.. I think he was a virgin, which I say absolutely helps when a man is a priest. I never thought I'd miss him, but I do. .. even though one time he said that it doesn't matter what religion you are.. don't have to be Catholic! OMG.. The True Church never taught that! That's total novus ordo BS

Totally agree with your last couple sentences.

It's totally you.

A LOT of churches have been corrupted so don't feel odd about drawing conclusions. The RCC has drawn some sharp criticisms from the more traditional Latin Catholic Church so you are not the only one thinking on that line for sure. I had just shy of ten years experience in both maintenance/repair @ the St. Michaels academy(Registry of Historical places) based in north Spokane Washington. Though I am not a practicing Catholic I found the Latin Catholics to be DEDICATED to their faith, honest & hard working folks. I discovered NO negatives with either the congregation or faculty. If you are in an area that has a Latin Catholic church I would suggest from my previous experience @ St. Michaels Academy to give them a try.
There is a Latin mass in my area and I just began going to it, but don't like the big pic of francis there!

I've studied Sedevacantism and don't find ONE thing wrong with their teachings. the last 6 "popes" have not been real popes. The Sedes back that up with writings and documents of the RCC that go back to the very beginning of Christianity on Earth.. things written by popes who lived in the first century..

We started Catholic. Mom and Dad graduated from Catholic schools. Later they went Baptist. We graduated from Bapt high school. Problem Baptists had was when kids wander even a little they are ostracized which never helps
well, I "wandered" and wish to God I had been disciplined whne I was young. Instead, I ended up going through hell because of my lack of discipline and falling away from the RCC (out of ignorance). Thankfully, I discovered the rosary and... well, it's been a "long, strange trip"

very long and strange.. but anyhow.. I love the rosary. It made me a Christian, objectively speaking (whereas b4 the rosary, it was like.. I was just a wanna be Christian or what have u...),

Forum List

Back