What is your EDC knife...

What do you carry...

What do you primarily use it for...

Would you upgrade to something else...
What is EDC?

Oh! Everyday carry? Whatever I can find easy.

Right now a 30-year Barlow with half a side gone.
I primarily use it for cutting things, and like all my knives, it's very sharp.
I gotta Case with the main broken tip, the cheap China lockblade is my usual.
Apparently have not been able to find it lately.

It's hard to carry a multi tool in your pocket and inconvenient to carry it in a leather pouch on your belt. I like damascus hunters but I carry a non descript single blade stainless folder in the watch pocket of my jeans and I touch it up with a file now and then to keep it sharp.

When I'm fully put together, I am carrying all of these.

ZSC_0316_1K.jpg

Last edited:
What do you carry...

d3c8e51d-5595-4eda-9098-33f879041382._SL300__.jpg

Mine is basically like this and I use the tools as much as the blades, but no, no upgrade. I think it suits me fine. You never know when you're not going to be able to get that bag of beef jerky open while you're traveling, or you pick up a bottle of beer at the minimart and discover it's not a twist off cap.

Have you ever used the scissors?
They're useless. I ended up cutting it with the blade instead.
I use the scissors often. In fact I use all the tools. Probably the awl least of all but I have occasion to use even it to make starter holes for wood screws and such.

What do you carry...

d3c8e51d-5595-4eda-9098-33f879041382._SL300__.jpg

Mine is basically like this and I use the tools as much as the blades, but no, no upgrade. I think it suits me fine. You never know when you're not going to be able to get that bag of beef jerky open while you're traveling, or you pick up a bottle of beer at the minimart and discover it's not a twist off cap.

Have you ever used the scissors?
They're useless. I ended up cutting it with the blade instead.
I use the scissors often. In fact I use all the tools. Probably the awl least of all but I have occasion to use even it to make starter holes for wood screws and such.
So, you use awl of them.

I'm not a big fan of folders, but I usually keep an old French handle knife nearby for small things.

Probably the awl least of all but I have occasion to use even it to make starter holes for wood screws and such.

You should probably donate that tool to a worthy cause, then. That way, you can say of that cause that you gave it your awl.
That's awlfully astute of you. Seriously though I appreciate the craftmanship that went into vintage pocket knives but sooner or later they wear a hole in your pocket. Since I no longer carry a pocket watch and most men's jeans feature the unique pocket I decided to use it to carry a knife. I tried several knives but I found that about 3 inches closed and flat with a single stainless blade fits the best and it's always handy.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back