What is your favorite element to be in?

QuickHitCurepon

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2013
I want to hear from any couch potatoes here.

As a second topic, was there a great restaurant that is no longer open that you went to, which changed your life? Two of them really made me feel incredible when I was a kid. One of them was at Sea Ranch, CA, where I went with my dad and stepmom, when I was five to visit her unbuilt upon property she had there, in a planned unincorporated community. I was born a year after my family moved to Palo Alto, CA, in 1959 from Iowa City and Pic and Pan there closed a year after I got old enough to be aware of my surroundings.

Favourite element?

Fire/Earth/Air/Water.... since I don't have gills I guess it would be Air, until it's time to do the Earth thing.

I can't say any restaurant was life-changing, even if there were some that were memorable but no longer exist. I can remember a Burmese restaurant briefly in Philly (also an Afghani one). Burmese was kinda cool, halfway between India and Thailand, two of my favourite cuisines, and the food was too.

But these things ebb and flow and change with time. I accept that and look forward to the next alimentary revelation.

I like water but I like fire, earth and air too.

Land is good to garden with and walk on. Water is good to play in. Fire is nice to watch and can weld metal. Air is nice to fly in.

I like water but I like fire, earth and air too.

Land is good to garden with and walk on. Water is good to play in. Fire is nice to watch and can weld metal. Air is nice to fly in.

Yet of the four, Air is the only one we can live in.

It's a strange question. Unless the OP was expecting fish-posters or worms.

Does listening to our favorite music count? :) :) :)

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. That is where I love to be. :) :) :)

Favourite element?

Fire/Earth/Air/Water.... since I don't have gills I guess it would be Air, until it's time to do the Earth thing.

Wow, no one yet knows that idiom. :lol:

element

in one's element

Fig. in a natural or comfortable situation or environment. Sally is in her element when she's working with algebra or calculus. Bob loves to work with color and texture. When he's painting, he's in his element.

I like rain and tropical climes. Think of the movie Avatar. That is my element.

Second question....fav restaurant? One in Lahaina Maui on the waterfront. Open with no windows, sea breezes softly hitting your face as you eat.

Driving a car on a road race course is about as much fun as one can have with their clothes on IMO.

Favourite element?

element

in one's element

Fig. in a natural or comfortable situation or environment. Sally is in her element when she's working with algebra or calculus. Bob loves to work with color and texture. When he's painting, he's in his element.

One knows that idiom but you never specified what kind of element.
Restaurant element?
Geographical or climactic?
Social?
Work?
Hobby?
Astrological? That would be Earth for me...

Then there's that enigmatic qualifier "couch potatoes", implying --- I dunno, TV element? It prolly disqualifies me anyway; not only do I not have a TV, I don't even have a couch. :eusa_shifty:

Last edited:
I'm in my element when I'm on the computer, drunk as a skunk, and no one around to bother me, call me etc.
If I could have a view of the beach, that would be a plus.

I miss the Magic Pan restaurant.
I also liked The Ground Round.
And Damon's

Favourite element?

element

in one's element

One knows that idiom but you never specified what kind of element.
Restaurant element?
Geographical or climactic?
Social?
Work?
Hobby?
Astrological? That would be Earth for me...

Then there's that enigmatic qualifier "couch potatoes", implying --- I dunno, TV element? It prolly disqualifies me anyway; not only do I not have a TV, I don't even have a couch. :eusa_shifty:

It's all good. :)

Uncle Ferd's favorite element to be in...

... is skinny-dippin' inna hot tub...

... with Pamela Anderson.

Forum List

Back