What is your favorite quote?

1646167669763.png

Probably not my favorite, but one I'd recently read and pondered a bit...

''The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it’s profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater.'' — Frank Zappa

Relevant reading...

Dystopia Disguised as Democracy

From the second episode of the TV series Leverage: "You know the great thing about Congressmen? 50, 100 grand well spent will get one elected. But then, once they're in, the incumbency rate is over 95%! So you can get on an average 18, 20 years use out of one of them. In these uncertain times, buying a United States Congressman is one of the best investments a corporation can make!"

Here are a few of mine:

Sometimes the low road can take you to places that the high road can't. - Willie Nelson (On "Miami Vice")

Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow. - Paraphrased from James Dean

In the beginning, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot. - Mark Twain

The brave don't live forever. The cautious don't live at all. - Unknown

Someone's already put a man on the moon. All the hard shit's done. - Me

To go too far is as bad as to fall short.
- Confucious

Don't set yourself on fire to keep other people warm. - Unknown

The road that brought you here can also take you right back to where you came from. - Unknown

Probably not my favorite, but one I'd recently read and pondered a bit...

''The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it’s profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater.'' — Frank Zappa

Relevant reading...

Dystopia Disguised as Democracy
Zappa had some really good ones.

Only the good die young.

...uhhh Billy Joel.

Don't set yourself on fire to keep other people warm. - Unknown
Amen to this. One that I have never hated is this one:

"Blowing out one candle will never make another one shine brighter."-I don't remember where it originally came from.

In other words, "Urinating in another person's yard will never make your own grass any greener."

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. The following are what I am no stranger to putting out there in one way or another.

"Want a better caption? Paint a better picture."

"If you don't want other people in the game, don't show them how to play it."

"Thank you for letting me know how far your brain train doesn't travel."

"If you are not going to practice, what is the point of the preaching or considering the day and age that we are in now, protesting?"

"For the record, the eight track, the cassette tape, the CD, and the ever-lovely download....."

Why? Because we fucking can. Because we fucking can, and if we can, we do. -Tommy Shelby.

My new favorite: If standing up for yourself burns a bridge, fuck that bridge.

Oh so many... There are the ones in my signature...

I've found this one amusing:

If one morning I walked on top of the water across the Potomac River, the headline that afternoon would read: 'President Can't Swim.' - Lyndon B. Johnson

True of all Presidents, don't you think?

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, and applying the wrong remedies"

Forum List

Back