What it really means to rely on food stamps and welfare

Have to get it from my Obama stash

I can tell you how to live free over coupons. Used to teach such lessons. Black church out of Murfreessboro. was one of my best

A little - damn little - research shows me that the average recipient gets $125.35/month on food stamps - for a family of 4, that means $500/month, or about $6,000 per year in supplemental income. If we add to that the other 14 food assistance programs administered by the federal government, we come up with about $10,400 in supplemental income. We haven't even discussed medical care, housing assistance, energy support, and free Obamaphones, and it's pretty easy to see that, without working at all, a person can rise above the poverty level just by doing nothing other than applying for federal/state assistance.

So ... let's see --- free housing, free medical, free food, and a free phone --- why am I working again?

A little - damn little - research shows me that the average recipient gets $125.35/month on food stamps - for a family of 4, that means $500/month, or about $6,000 per year in supplemental income. If we add to that the other 14 food assistance programs administered by the federal government, we come up with about $10,400 in supplemental income. We haven't even discussed medical care, housing assistance, energy support, and free Obamaphones, and it's pretty easy to see that, without working at all, a person can rise above the poverty level just by doing nothing other than applying for federal/state assistance.

So ... let's see --- free housing, free medical, free food, and a free phone --- why am I working again?

family of four 4
housing $18,000
medical 32,000
food 6.000
educ. 30,000
energy 3,000
welfare 5,000
EITC 5,000
total $100,000

Forum List

Back