What Makes Poor People Poor? - Special Segment

I think in many ways, they are imprisoned by their farms and their communities. It is all they know and they are surrounded by family and friends they grew up with

I did genealogy research on my wife’s family in Pennsylvania. For a hundred years, they lived in the same community, worked the coal mines, died young and the next generation took over

What I couldn’t understand was Philadelphia was only 40 miles away. There were ample, good paying jobs that didn’t kill you
Yet, they stayed in the coal mines until the 1960s

It is all they knew
and it was their choice, cant really force them to do otherwise
equal protection of the law is more important.
the phrase is ,,,

"equal protection under the law"

and that doesnt apply here,,,

they are free to make their own choices
equal protection of the law is the concept. equal application of the law is what we are discussing.

and, yes, it does apply since the unemployment compensation office should have no basis to deny or disparage a claim for unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed in our at-will employment States.
that doesnt exist except in your mind,,,
and try being a little specific about how and why they are unemployed,,,some just choose not to work if they can get a hand out by sitting at home
the law is, employment at will.

don't care about being legal to our own laws, right wingers?

employment is at the will of either party. capitalism has a natural rate of unemployment. you cannot appeal to ignorance of either condition.
After a person reaches his middle age period those looking for employees tend to skim over the older ones.
unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed solves for that.
You sure have a ......communist view for solving problems, DAN.
The way you post you sure don't sound American.
don't understand the law, right winger? are you a citizen of our several States.
Thanks for clearing up just exactly who you are, comrade.
Yes, I'm a citizen of the United States.....you not so much.
nobody takes the right wing seriously about the law, Constitutional or otherwise.

At-will employment - Wikipedia

Yeah, I mean what the fuck with employee's being able to fire people they've hire! They should have to keep everyone indefinitely even if those people are a financial risk or liability! Even if the company can't afford them! They should have to keep them no matter fucking what because some nitwit thinks that's the solution to the worlds woes... ~rolls eyes~

Yeah, I mean what the fuck with employee's being able to fire people they've hire! They should have to keep everyone indefinitely even if those people are a financial risk or liability! Even if the company can't afford them! They should have to keep them no matter fucking what because some nitwit thinks that's the solution to the worlds woes... ~rolls eyes~
why blame poor individuals for Capitalism's, institutional and natural rate of unemployment?

compensation should be automatic simply for asking.

why blame poor individuals for Capitalism's, institutional and natural rate of unemployment?

Bullshit

Bullshit
nothing but gossip, girl? Men have arguments.

Bullshit

And twits like you just keep saying the same bullshit without any facts, answers, or further investigation like broken records...

Bullshit

And twits like you just keep saying the same bullshit without any facts, answers, or further investigation like broken records...
anybody can Talk, chic. Men have arguments. Providing for the general welfare is in our Constitution; equal protection of the law must become a fact of life in our Republic.

Bullshit

anybody can Talk, chic. Men have arguments. Providing for the general welfare is in our Constitution; equal protection of the law must become a fact of life in our Republic.

It was until you morons with you third and fourth waver's fucked the system. Now you hypocrites discriminate against people based on their ethnicity on the regular and think it's alright. You discriminate based on class and think it's alright. Most of you have become what you claim to be against.

and it was their choice, cant really force them to do otherwise
the phrase is ,,,

equal protection of the law is the concept. equal application of the law is what we are discussing.

and, yes, it does apply since the unemployment compensation office should have no basis to deny or disparage a claim for unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed in our at-will employment States.
and try being a little specific about how and why they are unemployed,,,some just choose not to work if they can get a hand out by sitting at home

thats not a law

Bullshit

It was until you morons with you third and fourth waver's fucked the system. Now you hypocrites discriminate against people based on their ethnicity on the regular and think it's alright. You discriminate based on class and think it's alright. Most of you have become what you claim to be against.
yep those democrats are some nasty POS

yep those democrats are some nasty POS

Some of them are, most of them are just lacking a foundation of principles so they waffle around like unprincipled idiots.

Yeah, it is amazing how many left-wingers are completely bonkers and stupid, when it comes to the very basics of employment.

Yet all of these left-wingers would never support something this stupid, if it was applied to them.

If one of these left-wing idiots, hired someone to mow their lawn at their house.... and then through whatever change in the economy, their income dropped, so that they couldn't afford to both pay to have their lawn mowed for them, and pay their mortgage....

Not one of them would be saying "I have to keep this guy employed mowing my laws, even if I lose my house".

Of course they would fire the guy, and mow the lawn themselves, so they could keep paying the mortgage.

But that kind of simple logic doesn't work for the mindlessly ignorant left. In their world, the employer should wait until his entire family is on the street and homeless, before firing an employee they can't afford to employ anymore.

nobody takes the right wing seriously about economics.

Wrong again, no one takes you seriously about economics, the more you post the less respect everyone has about your knowledge of economics.
i resort to the fewest fallacies; only the liars say that.

Each post you prove yourself dumber than the post before.

how does that work???

and whats wrong with people getting richer??? rich people create jobs for the poor dont they??

thought you wanted to end poverty??

Our Latino commie danielpalos is preaching what every successful Latino dictator is practicing.

Oh, sorry, have I said successful?
lol. the right wing preaching fiscal responsibility with Tax Cut economics. how droll.
taxs and the economy are two different things,,,and neither has anything to do with poverty
yes, they do. the right wing prefers to cut taxes for the rich and cut social spending for the poor.

So how does cutting taxes benefit the rich more than other groups, like you have claimed?

Our Latino commie danielpalos is preaching what every successful Latino dictator is practicing.

lol. the right wing preaching fiscal responsibility with Tax Cut economics. how droll.
taxs and the economy are two different things,,,and neither has anything to do with poverty
Like hell they don't.

handouts dont make a person less poor,
it could feed a person for a day.

Thank you for admitting it doesn’t make them less poor.

Bullshit

what are you talking about? it is not about solving simple poverty.

the phrase is ,,,

thats not a law
yes, it is.

how does that work???

and whats wrong with people getting richer??? rich people create jobs for the poor dont they??

thought you wanted to end poverty??

yes, they do. the right wing prefers to cut taxes for the rich and cut social spending for the poor.

So how does cutting taxes benefit the rich more than other groups, like you have claimed?
it benefits the rich more to the extent they don't have to pay for government but cost shift that burden onto the Poor.

Like hell they don't.

handouts dont make a person less poor,
it could feed a person for a day.

Thank you for admitting it doesn’t make them less poor.
not starving on any given day?

Forum List

Back