What policies should be implemented to address racism in the country?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is almost for sure that Affirmative Action is going to die a quick and decisive death very soon, along with Roe vs Wade. One question though is what about the millions of older whites, who are still alive, in their 70s and 80s, who were victimized by AA decades ago, and whose lives were ruined, with hard-studied careers taken away from them. Who will pay for that ?
Blacks want reparations for 150 years ago we want reparations for now )

It is almost for sure that Affirmative Action is going to die a quick and decisive death very soon, along with Roe vs Wade. One question though is what about the millions of older whites, who are still alive, in their 70s and 80s, who were victimized by AA decades ago, and whose lives were ruined, with hard-studied careers taken away from them. Who will pay for that ?
I’d be OK with reparations for any black still alive who lived in a Jim Crow state.

What policies should be implemented to address racism in the country?​

The GOP dissolves
Middle-ground Democrats create a party that becomes the new right-wing major party
True Leftwingers retain the Democratic party.

That's about it. Any power is taken out of the racist's (GOP) hands.

Thank you for your incredibly ignorant DEMORATIC post

Blacks want reparations for 150 years ago we want reparations for now )

Please tell us why those here today are responsible and what you feel you " deserve" Better yet, what do you tell families whose ancestors came AFTER 1865???
What do you tell blacks who didn't have family ties to slavery?? Some blacks get it while others don't?? What do you say to those who came to this Country after?? Do you HONESTLY believe that will be accepted?? That is one certain way to start another Civil War ; Black vs Black.

On what basis ?
On the basis that they were relegated to lesser quality schools and prevented from enjoying the same privileges - like sitting at a restaurant counter - as whites in those states were.

These people would be in their 70s or later by now, and I’d be OK with a modest annual stipend for the remainder od their lives.

No other black would qualify. in fact, all blacks in their 60s or younger have already received reparations through favored admissions to universities, usurping - in most instances - white students who were better qualified.

So…..elderly blacks who were directly impacted by Jim Crow laws, along of course with any slaves still living from the 1860s or earlier.

On the basis that they were relegated to lesser quality schools and prevented from enjoying the same privileges - like sitting at a restaurant counter - as whites in those states were.

These people would be in their 70s or later by now, and I’d be OK with a modest annual stipend for the remainder od their lives.

No other black would qualify. in fact, all blacks in their 60s or younger have already received reparations through favored admissions to universities, usurping - in most instances - white students who were better qualified.

So…..elderly blacks who were directly impacted by Jim Crow laws, along of course with any slaves still living from the 1860s or earlier.
Which means that whites who were relegated to lesser quality schools, denied college financial aid, denied jobs, denied job promotions, denied business loans, by way of Affirmative Action discrimination, and prevented from enjoying the same privileges, for 58 years now, should also get reparations. That's my position.

Which means that whites who were relegated to lesser quality schools, denied college financial aid, denied jobs, denied job promotions, denied business loans, by way of Affirmative Action discrimination, and prevented from enjoying the same privileges, for 58 years now, should also get reparations. That's my position.
End of discussion.

I agree. The blacks who are 70+ and lived in Jim Crow states should get reparations, and those of us who are white and under 70, meaning we were penalized via Affirmative Action that prioritized blacks over us, should get reparations.

So….all whites under 70, and Jim Crow blacks over 70, get reparations. Or, when leftists look at the numbers and the fact that the bulk of people to gain from reparations are white, they’ll reconsider and recognize that 40 years of affirmative action - in which blacks got into colleges, got into jobs, got promotions, etc., over whites who were better qualified is reparations enough, and all debts are paid.

I agree. The blacks who are 70+ and lived in Jim Crow states should get reparations, and those of us who are white and under 70, meaning we were penalized via Affirmative Action that prioritized blacks over us, should get reparations.

So….all whites under 70, and Jim Crow blacks over 70, get reparations. Or, when leftists look at the numbers and the fact that the bulk of people to gain from reparations are white, they’ll reconsider and recognize that 40 years of affirmative action - in which blacks got into colleges, got into jobs, got promotions, etc., over whites who were better qualified is reparations enough, and all debts are paid.
Agreed, except it should be whites under 80 or even 90. AA started in 1964. Somebody could have been in the their 30s or 40's and have been denied a job, a promotion, a business loan, etc in the 1960s.

Agreed, except it should be whites under 80 or even 90. AA started in 1964. Somebody could have been in the their 30s or 40's and have been denied a job, a promotion, a business loan, etc in the 1960s.
You’re right. It did start earlier. But it really took off in the 1970s when the liberals perverted Affirmative Action and started admitting less qualified blacks over better qualified whites, simply based on skin color. Remember the Bakke decision? That was in 1978.

You’re right. It did start earlier. But it really took off in the 1970s when the liberals perverted Affirmative Action and started admitting less qualified blacks over better qualified whites, simply based on skin color. Remember the Bakke decision? That was in 1978.
I remember when I was denied an assistantship in 1977, at Memphis State University, based on race. The only 8 blacks who applied all got one. All 25 non-blacks were denied, including 4 Hispanics, 2 Asians, and 7 women.

The 8 blacks who got the assistantships were not the top 8 academically. If anything, they might have been the lowest 8.

I remember when I was denied an assistantship in 1977, at Memphis State University, based on race. The only 8 blacks who applied all got one. All 25 non-blacks were denied, including 4 Hispanics, 2 Asians, and 7 women.

The 8 blacks who got the assistantships were not the top 8 academically. If anything, they might have been the lowest 8.
Wow. I didn’t realize that the pro-black racist policies were THAT bad back in 1977, but indeed that shows how badly and for how long the liberals have been using Affirmative Action to favor blacks.

My first experience was in the early 80s - I was in my 20s - when a black girl and I went up for thr same promotion. I had been at the firm for two years, in that department, and she had started several months earlier. My education was superior, as well. When she got the promotion, her boss pulled me aside and told me that I was the better pick but that she was under pressure from the Personnel Director (that’s what they were called back then) to hire the black girl - and then told me she would deny that she ever told me this.

Here's what policies should be implmented

1. THE AGENDA MUST ADDRESS BLACK PEOPLE AND BLACK PEOPLE ONLY

No diversions into non-black issues. Not LGTB. Not minority. Not black and brown.

Black people have no friends. I can't stand the term "People Of Color"

We not only have to deal white supremacists . But Asians who are anti black. White Latinos who are anti black. Native American who are anti black.

2. BLACK SOCIETY'S TOP PRIORITY IS ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT

Black progress is measured in dollars. If black people as a group have got more dollars then we are moving in the right direction. No hand picked black people like Oprah. Either we all coming up or we are all going down. The black economic structure needs to be controlled by black people. If we are not holders of capital. If we are not able to finance things at an unlimited global and universal level then the system is failing.

White supremacists may hate us because we are black but they are able to victimise us because we are poor and as long as we remain poor we remain easy victims.

The wealth of the USA and the western world was built on exploiting black labour and later systematic racism to trap black people into being a never ending labor, consumer and prison class of people. The Homestead Act gave whites free land which they passed down generationally all the while bombing any attempt at black economic empowerment (Black wall street and Tulsa)

After WW2 Japan was bombed. The USA rebuilt Japan to 20th century specifications and now uses it as one of their puppet states. Japan was given a marshall plan with clear goals to rebuild it to become an industrial player. The same needs to be done for black business development because white and non black people control the economy of every single black neigbourhood in America.

But there is not single white neighbourhood in the world were black ppl control white ppl's economy.

Black economic empowerment is the foundation.

3. THE TOTAL DISMANTLING OF WHITE SUPREMACY

Black people are up against a system that permeates every factor, every facet of black people lives.

Look at how the Japanese were treated after they went to war with the USA. The country was flattened. Not to mention the nuclear fallout which lasted for yrs. But look at them now ? Everyone slobbers and drools over so called Japanese intelligence. They were helped and assisted.

Look at the Jews. They had the Nuremberg trials. They hunted down anyone who was a nazi. Even today if they find a 101 year old Nazi, they'll make him stand (actually most of em can't even stand) before a trial but look at the Jews today ? Jews are one of the most powerful racial groups on the planet.

They dismantled white supremacy in Germany in regards to the Jews. That needs to happen to black ppl today. White supremacy must recognised as the ultimate evil meaning that is and criminalised and outlawed. The same way they did in Nazi Germany

Questions ?

"Well erm. Paul Essien. They didn't totally eradicate racism in Germany"

Well give me what the Jews have and we'll make it work.

4. WHITE SUPREMACIST AND POLICE VIOLENCE IS A HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATION

When other countries shoot their citizens. The USA is quick to call that a human rights violation but when white supremacist do the same to unarmed black ppl then that's proper police procedure and self defence.

The police are the enforcement arm of white supremacy and law enforcement has been infested by white supremacists and nothing been done to root them out.

That's why all the madness and rioting on the streets is happening.

There are white supremacist beat cops, sergeants, captains, police chiefs and prosecutors who are using sheriff departments as havens and nests were white supremacist can be hired to kill black ppl and the white supremacist district attorney will back them up on it.

White supremacists are terrorists and they should be punished.

5. SCHOOLS CAN NO LONGER BE WEAPONIZED AGAINST BLACK CHILDREN

Black kids are the targets of racist school teachers and administrators. Their chief form of abuse is to claim that the black child has a learning disability and the only way you can deal with them is to put the child on drugs or in special education. They also play on poverty of many black people by saying "We'll increase your county check, if you just give jamal this drug"

Knowing full well that drugs and special ed increases the black child chances of failing in school, becoming a drop out and ending up in prison.

In the USA they put prisons where the drop out rates are the highest. And now that you have prisons for profit. They need to make sure they have fresh stock.

This is all done so that white kids don't have to compete in the global market place with blacks.

6. REMOVAL OF THE SYMBOLS SYSTEMATIC RACISM ON PUBLIC GROUNDS

Germany has done quite well since WW2 without having statutes of the Nazi's but in the USA white supremacists nazis are on the steps of the courthouses and town squares across the USA. A black person should not have to look at a statue of Robert E Lee or Stonewall Jackson when he enters a court house. because that's a sure sign that he'll get no justice in there.

Germany has train stations, jet airplanes and freeways. All inventions of the Nazis but Germany doesn't have public statues of Wernher von Braun. They kept the innovations then put those inventors in a Museum.

7) MANDATORY PUBLIC AND PRIVATE CONTRACTS RESERVED FOR BLACK BUSINESSES (20%)

The reconstitution of the American economic order.

These entities (Companies) have to do 20% business with black businesses.

Companies in the USA receive public assistance in the form of tax breaks and EVEN tax credits as well free infrastructure upgrades to make it easier for them to do business. Whenever they build a Walmart or a Whole-foods or whatever, they redo the whole dam inter-section. For a Walmart they put up new traffic lights, new sewage lines, they use millions of blk tax money for white companies.

But they'll never do that for a black business. Because when black people show up it "O no !! Thats welfare ! We cant give you nothing" meanwhile they're given white businesses millions.

So corporations that want to do business in a city, part of their requirements to get their business licence is at least 20% of their contracts must goto black businesses that are either purely black sole proprietorships or are corporations that are 75% black owned as a condition.

And if white people can't find black contractor ? Then they're going to have to implement the CHINA LAW.

When the white supremacist came into China they thought that they could run the same game they do on blacks and other non whites but China said "Wait a minute. Hold your brakes white man. You're not gonna come over here and take it over. You're going to have to enter into contracts with Chinese automotive companies and that's mandatory and you'll share it 50-50 with our own home grown Chinese companies. Your not gonna come here and rape the economy and leave us with nothing "

So if a white contractor can find a black contractor. He's gonna be told

"Say hello to your new 50-50 black partner Mr white man. Every morning. You're gonna go all over the books with him, all over the plans, all over the numbers, all over the blueprints, all over the procedure"

And at the end everybody is gonna know how set up this freeway, this building when it is done.

And if he doesn't like it he's told. "OK. Mr White Supremacist contractor. Would you like 50% of the contract ? Or 0% of the contract ?"

He'll start acting right.

If this happened you would see economic earthquakes in 12 months.

Contacts that go 100% to white businesses needs to be stopped.

When it comes to building the schools, the parks, who get's the contract ? Not black people and if there no black vendors then programs need to be set up to make sure there are in the future otherwise you don't get the contract (The China Law)

Black people built the USA but if black kids are growing up seeing white people building this, building that and they see no one in their family building that's gonna condition the brain into thinking "That's what white people do, that's not for us"

New York that's a city with 20% blk population but all you see is whites doing the side walk work and street work and they keep that for themselves.

And if it's MAJORITY a black city ALL OF THE CONTRACTS SHOULD GO TO A BLACK CONTRACTOR !!!!!!!!!

When small business have stable contracts with larger companies this enables the smaller business to make long term plans. They can get access to lines of credit.

Bill Gates wasn't some business marvel.

He took the idea for windows from Xerox and another guy who did the coding and took to IBM.

He was able to get a contact from IBM for Windows. He didn't get a job with IBM but he went on to be bigger than IBM. That's how white wealth is built. Elon Musk is the definition of white privilege he cashed out on paypal so now all he has to do is say "Hey, I got an idea !!" and rich ppl all over the world show up simply to sponsor his idea. It doesn't matter how crazy his idea is people would pump him so much money that it almost eliminates failure

Imagine solid black business had that kinda access to wealth ? There'd be an economic revolution in years.

8. REPRIATIONS ACROSS THE BOARD.

That only to foundational black American. The descendants of American slaves. The goal of white supremacist is make black ppl a permanent underclass. A labor class. A never ending consumer class and when you've out lived your usefulness we can use you as live stock for the prisoners.

These are the starts for the to repair the 400 years of hell that white ppl (white supremacists) have subjected blk ppl to

No diversions into non-black issues. Not LGTB. Not minority. Not black and brown.

We not only have to deal white supremacists . But Asians who are anti black. White Latinos who are anti black. Native American who are anti black.

Black progress is measured in dollars. If black people as a group have got more dollars then we are moving in the right direction. No hand picked black people like Oprah. Either we all coming up or we are all going down. The black economic structure needs to be controlled by black people. If we are not holders of capital. If we are not able to finance things at an unlimited global and universal level then the system is failing.

White supremacists may hate us because we are black but they are able to victimise us because we are poor and as long as we remain poor we remain easy victims.

The wealth of the USA and the western world was built on exploiting black labour and later systematic racism to trap black people into being a never ending labor, consumer and prison class of people. The Homestead Act gave whites free land which they passed down generationally all the while bombing any attempt at black economic empowerment (Black wall street and Tulsa)

After WW2 Japan was bombed. The USA rebuilt Japan to 20th century specifications and now uses it as one of their puppet states. Japan was given a marshall plan with clear goals to rebuild it to become an industrial player. The same needs to be done for black business development because white and non black people control the economy of every single black neigbourhood in America.

But there is not single white neighbourhood in the world were black ppl control white ppl's economy.

Black people are up against a system that permeates every factor, every facet of black people lives.

Look at how the Japanese were treated after they went to war with the USA. The country was flattened. Not to mention the nuclear fallout which lasted for yrs. But look at them now ? Everyone slobbers and drools over so called Japanese intelligence. They were helped and assisted.

Look at the Jews. They had the Nuremberg trials. They hunted down anyone who was a nazi. Even today if they find a 101 year old Nazi, they'll make him stand (actually most of em can't even stand) before a trial but look at the Jews today ? Jews are one of the most powerful racial groups on the planet.

They dismantled white supremacy in Germany in regards to the Jews. That needs to happen to black ppl today. White supremacy must recognised as the ultimate evil meaning that is and criminalised and outlawed. The same way they did in Nazi Germany

Questions ?

When other countries shoot their citizens. The USA is quick to call that a human rights violation but when white supremacist do the same to unarmed black ppl then that's proper police procedure and self defence.

The police are the enforcement arm of white supremacy and law enforcement has been infested by white supremacists and nothing been done to root them out.

There are white supremacist beat cops, sergeants, captains, police chiefs and prosecutors who are using sheriff departments as havens and nests were white supremacist can be hired to kill black ppl and the white supremacist district attorney will back them up on it.

Black kids are the targets of racist school teachers and administrators. Their chief form of abuse is to claim that the black child has a learning disability and the only way you can deal with them is to put the child on drugs or in special education. They also play on poverty of many black people by saying "We'll increase your county check, if you just give jamal this drug"

Knowing full well that drugs and special ed increases the black child chances of failing in school, becoming a drop out and ending up in prison.

In the USA they put prisons where the drop out rates are the highest. And now that you have prisons for profit. They need to make sure they have fresh stock.

This is all done so that white kids don't have to compete in the global market place with blacks.

Germany has done quite well since WW2 without having statutes of the Nazi's but in the USA white supremacists nazis are on the steps of the courthouses and town squares across the USA. A black person should not have to look at a statue of Robert E Lee or Stonewall Jackson when he enters a court house. because that's a sure sign that he'll get no justice in there.

Germany has train stations, jet airplanes and freeways. All inventions of the Nazis but Germany doesn't have public statues of Wernher von Braun. They kept the innovations then put those inventors in a Museum.

Companies in the USA receive public assistance in the form of tax breaks and EVEN tax credits as well free infrastructure upgrades to make it easier for them to do business. Whenever they build a Walmart or a Whole-foods or whatever, they redo the whole dam inter-section. For a Walmart they put up new traffic lights, new sewage lines, they use millions of blk tax money for white companies.

But they'll never do that for a black business. Because when black people show up it "O no !! Thats welfare ! We cant give you nothing" meanwhile they're given white businesses millions.

So corporations that want to do business in a city, part of their requirements to get their business licence is at least 20% of their contracts must goto black businesses that are either purely black sole proprietorships or are corporations that are 75% black owned as a condition.

And if white people can't find black contractor ? Then they're going to have to implement the CHINA LAW.

When the white supremacist came into China they thought that they could run the same game they do on blacks and other non whites but China said "Wait a minute. Hold your brakes white man. You're not gonna come over here and take it over. You're going to have to enter into contracts with Chinese automotive companies and that's mandatory and you'll share it 50-50 with our own home grown Chinese companies. Your not gonna come here and rape the economy and leave us with nothing "

"Say hello to your new 50-50 black partner Mr white man. Every morning. You're gonna go all over the books with him, all over the plans, all over the numbers, all over the blueprints, all over the procedure"

And at the end everybody is gonna know how set up this freeway, this building when it is done.

And if he doesn't like it he's told. "OK. Mr White Supremacist contractor. Would you like 50% of the contract ? Or 0% of the contract ?"

When it comes to building the schools, the parks, who get's the contract ? Not black people and if there no black vendors then programs need to be set up to make sure there are in the future otherwise you don't get the contract (The China Law)

Black people built the USA but if black kids are growing up seeing white people building this, building that and they see no one in their family building that's gonna condition the brain into thinking "That's what white people do, that's not for us"

New York that's a city with 20% blk population but all you see is whites doing the side walk work and street work and they keep that for themselves.

And if it's MAJORITY a black city ALL OF THE CONTRACTS SHOULD GO TO A BLACK CONTRACTOR !!!!!!!!!

When small business have stable contracts with larger companies this enables the smaller business to make long term plans. They can get access to lines of credit.

He took the idea for windows from Xerox and another guy who did the coding and took to IBM.

He was able to get a contact from IBM for Windows. He didn't get a job with IBM but he went on to be bigger than IBM. That's how white wealth is built. Elon Musk is the definition of white privilege he cashed out on paypal so now all he has to do is say "Hey, I got an idea !!" and rich ppl all over the world show up simply to sponsor his idea. It doesn't matter how crazy his idea is people would pump him so much money that it almost eliminates failure

Imagine solid black business had that kinda access to wealth ? There'd be an economic revolution in years.

That only to foundational black American. The descendants of American slaves. The goal of white supremacist is make black ppl a permanent underclass. A labor class. A never ending consumer class and when you've out lived your usefulness we can use you as live stock for the prisoners.

These are the starts for the to repair the 400 years of hell that white ppl (white supremacists) have subjected blk ppl to
So, you want every black person to receive global wealth, get the job, get into college, etc, even if they don’t have any qualifications? And you are blaming racism when black children don’t have good grades? You are 100% taking away ANY personal responsibility for black people. Shame on you.

LOL ... And who's going to present that agenda? Here's a little secret Paul: Black people don't control black politics. That has been ceded to the Democrat party, its leaders and activists a long time ago. For example, remember when BLM was going to protest the mask mandate for restaurants in NYC after the Carmine's incident. Well, the activists (white Democrats) were people who supported the mandate. Hear about any protests? I mean, what does the Congressional Black Caucus do to advance the "Black Agenda"? Nothing, except get rich on the taxpayer's dime. We demanded police reform when Biden was elected. ANY indication that it's going to be looked at? Why should they? The black community is going to give the Democrats their vote regardless if they offer anything or do anything to advance a black agenda other than say words. You want something done? Divorce the Democrat party and start using some leverage to get what the community is after.

I think I heard somewhere that if Black America was a country, we would be in the top 20 countries in the world by GDP. For someone who has actually lived in countries outside the US, we do a lot better here in other places. Name me one country that has produced more black billionaires, millionaires and people making six-figure incomes than the US? The wealth of the South before the Civil War was built on black labor. Jim Crow was as close to systemic racism we've had since then. It wasn't a trap to us being in a labor, consumer, and prison class of people. That ish started after LBJ's policies when into effect. Also, lots of us aren't victimized by white people because we're poor. If anything, we're victimized by people who need us to feel like we can't overcome to keep them in power.

Questions ?

The Jews, themselves, hunted down people who were Nazis. The US, probably, was involved when we were fed information that X person was a Nazi in their past. However, the US is also known for taking certain Nazis and incorporating them when it was advantageous to us. So you want Nuremburg trials? Who should be put on trial that's still living? So white supremacy should be criminalized and outlawed? Well, as someone who have lived in Germany, it's not outlawed there. Hell, they have their own political party (The National Democratic Party) that espouses those kinds of views.

Police are the enforcement arm of white supremacy. Oh boy. Shall I get you a fainting couch so you lie down and clutch your pearls? Please, show your work that these officers are white supremacists. I mean, if any of these cases we've heard in the news had a police officer that was a white supremacist, that would've been all over the news. Just because a white cop deals with an unarmed black person doesn't make a supremacist. Unless you have some receipts, I'll dismiss this as hyperbolic rambling.

Drugs aren't what increases the changes of a black child failing schools. Having a student & parents who don't care about getting an education plus a school administration & board of education that don't want to correctly fail students because of fear of losing funding because of "No Child Left Behind" greatly increases black kids dropping out of school & winding up either in prison or dead. If they're behind by the time they reach the 5th grade, good luck in reversing that. I'd like to see evidence where a person's check is increased by claiming your child has ADHD or some other learning disability. I mean, there was a situation in Baltimore where a black student was a senior in high school with a little more than a .1 GPA. .1 GPA? That's sad, but worse than that, he was 64th in a senior class of 120. So there were 56 other students with as bad or a worse GPA than that? The national HQ for the NAACP is also in Baltimore. Know what the leader of the NAACP said in response to this happening in his city? Nothing. There aren't protests in neighborhoods demanding better schools and an actual education for black kids. You think if the kind of nonsense that goes on in major urban city schools would have happened out in the suburbs that the next board of education meeting wouldn't be jam packed with parents letting their feelings be known?

A black person who gets shook looking a statue of Lee or Jackson has a real first world problem. Blacks in other parts of the world have a lot more serious things to worry about than a statue. I mean, is Lee or Jackson going to take the bench and rule on cases? Baltimore is one pace to hit 300 homicides for the 8th straight year. But they did remove all the confederate statutes in the city years ago. A lot that has done to improve the city.

So in major urban cities, the solution is go all black contractors. The way to solve "racist" contracts is to created more "racist" contracts, but let it benefit a different race instead. This is what passes for logic & reason? This may be the one I agree with you, somewhat, in that black companies can't get the opportunity to get the big contracts without being able to be given the chance to show their abilities on smaller projects. Now, there's no way the government is going to tell a business owner that you have to enter a partnership with anyone they don't want to to do business in a city. Do we tell a Democrat mayor that you have to have a Republican in their office with 50% say on how you run your city or vice versa?

The issue is that we're not a permanent underclass. I sure don't consider myself to be part of the underclass. Not hanging out with the 1%, but not trying to make a dollar out or 15 cents either. We have those who will be a permanent underclass, but that's because they CHOOSE to do the things that will keep them a member of the underclass and then put the next generation on the same path. My folks grew up in middle Georgia during Jim Crow not in best of conditions with houses, schools or opportunities. Now, they own two houses in two different states. One generation broke the chain of poverty. They're not anything special. If they could it, anyone else can do it as well. Except if you want to wallow in one's victimhood and hope that the government, who really don't care about us anyway except for votes, comes and save the day (which they won't).

You want the government to do things, but I don't see anywhere in that screed about what WE need to do to make things better. Didn't your momma teach you that "God helps those who help themselves.". Where's OUR demands for an ACTUAL education to compete in the global economy? How are WE dealing all these single-parent households? Holding white supremacists responsible for things happening in our communities when they wouldn't be caught dead in them is counter-productive. Who in OUR HOUSE are we holding accountable for what our neighborhoods have become? Why do they need to do anything if we're willing to destroy ourselves? We have all these entertainers and athletes. Why aren't they pooling money or resources together for black businesses? They can provide the "seed money" that black entrepreneurs can go to jumpstart their businesses instead of dealing with banks. Can't we do our own version of Shark Tank? They have the connections and can get doors opened for people. For example, Tyler Perry uses his studio to allow up and coming black filmmakers to work on their craft. Malcolm X had the saying that only the black community will solve the black community's issues, but way too many of us have grown too intellectually lazy to put in that work needed to figure it out.

LOL ... And who's going to present that agenda? Here's a little secret Paul: Black people don't control black politics. That has been ceded to the Democrat party, its leaders and activists a long time ago. For example, remember when BLM was going to protest the mask mandate for restaurants in NYC after the Carmine's incident. Well, the activists (white Democrats) were people who supported the mandate. Hear about any protests? I mean, what does the Congressional Black Caucus do to advance the "Black Agenda"? Nothing, except get rich on the taxpayer's dime. We demanded police reform when Biden was elected. ANY indication that it's going to be looked at? Why should they? The black community is going to give the Democrats their vote regardless if they offer anything or do anything to advance a black agenda other than say words. You want something done? Divorce the Democrat party and start using some leverage to get what the community is after.

I think I heard somewhere that if Black America was a country, we would be in the top 20 countries in the world by GDP. For someone who has actually lived in countries outside the US, we do a lot better here in other places. Name me one country that has produced more black billionaires, millionaires and people making six-figure incomes than the US? The wealth of the South before the Civil War was built on black labor. Jim Crow was as close to systemic racism we've had since then. It wasn't a trap to us being in a labor, consumer, and prison class of people. That ish started after LBJ's policies when into effect. Also, lots of us aren't victimized by white people because we're poor. If anything, we're victimized by people who need us to feel like we can't overcome to keep them in power.

The Jews, themselves, hunted down people who were Nazis. The US, probably, was involved when we were fed information that X person was a Nazi in their past. However, the US is also known for taking certain Nazis and incorporating them when it was advantageous to us. So you want Nuremburg trials? Who should be put on trial that's still living? So white supremacy should be criminalized and outlawed? Well, as someone who have lived in Germany, it's not outlawed there. Hell, they have their own political party (The National Democratic Party) that espouses those kinds of views.

Police are the enforcement arm of white supremacy. Oh boy. Shall I get you a fainting couch so you lie down and clutch your pearls? Please, show your work that these officers are white supremacists. I mean, if any of these cases we've heard in the news had a police officer that was a white supremacist, that would've been all over the news. Just because a white cop deals with an unarmed black person doesn't make a supremacist. Unless you have some receipts, I'll dismiss this as hyperbolic rambling.

Drugs aren't what increases the changes of a black child failing schools. Having a student & parents who don't care about getting an education plus a school administration & board of education that don't want to correctly fail students because of fear of losing funding because of "No Child Left Behind" greatly increases black kids dropping out of school & winding up either in prison or dead.
If they're behind by the time they reach the 5th grade, good luck in reversing that. I'd like to see evidence where a person's check is increased by claiming your child has ADHD or some other learning disability. I mean, there was a situation in Baltimore where a black student was a senior in high school with a little more than a .1 GPA. .1 GPA? That's sad, but worse than that, he was 64th in a senior class of 120. So there were 56 other students with as bad or a worse GPA than that? The national HQ for the NAACP is also in Baltimore. Know what the leader of the NAACP said in response to this happening in his city? Nothing. There aren't protests in neighborhoods demanding better schools and an actual education for black kids. You think if the kind of nonsense that goes on in major urban city schools would have happened out in the suburbs that the next board of education meeting wouldn't be jam packed with parents letting their feelings be known?

A black person who gets shook looking a statue of Lee or Jackson has a real first world problem. Blacks in other parts of the world have a lot more serious things to worry about than a statue. I mean, is Lee or Jackson going to take the bench and rule on cases? Baltimore is one pace to hit 300 homicides for the 8th straight year. But they did remove all the confederate statutes in the city years ago. A lot that has done to improve the city.

So in major urban cities, the solution is go all black contractors. The way to solve "racist" contracts is to created more "racist" contracts, but let it benefit a different race instead. This is what passes for logic & reason? This may be the one I agree with you, somewhat, in that black companies can't get the opportunity to get the big contracts without being able to be given the chance to show their abilities on smaller projects. Now, there's no way the government is going to tell a business owner that you have to enter a partnership with anyone they don't want to to do business in a city. Do we tell a Democrat mayor that you have to have a Republican in their office with 50% say on how you run your city or vice versa?

The issue is that we're not a permanent underclass. I sure don't consider myself to be part of the underclass. Not hanging out with the 1%, but not trying to make a dollar out or 15 cents either. We have those who will be a permanent underclass, but that's because they CHOOSE to do the things that will keep them a member of the underclass and then put the next generation on the same path. My folks grew up in middle Georgia during Jim Crow not in best of conditions with houses, schools or opportunities. Now, they own two houses in two different states. One generation broke the chain of poverty. They're not anything special. If they could it, anyone else can do it as well. Except if you want to wallow in one's victimhood and hope that the government, who really don't care about us anyway except for votes, comes and save the day (which they won't).

You want the government to do things, but I don't see anywhere in that screed about what WE need to do to make things better. Didn't your momma teach you that "God helps those who help themselves.". Where's OUR demands for an ACTUAL education to compete in the global economy? How are WE dealing all these single-parent households? Holding white supremacists responsible for things happening in our communities when they wouldn't be caught dead in them is counter-productive. Who in OUR HOUSE are we holding accountable for what our neighborhoods have become? Why do they need to do anything if we're willing to destroy ourselves? We have all these entertainers and athletes. Why aren't they pooling money or resources together for black businesses? They can provide the "seed money" that black entrepreneurs can go to jumpstart their businesses instead of dealing with banks. Can't we do our own version of Shark Tank? They have the connections and can get doors opened for people. For example, Tyler Perry uses his studio to allow up and coming black filmmakers to work on their craft. Malcolm X had the saying that only the black community will solve the black community's issues, but way too many of us have grown too intellectually lazy to put in that work needed to figure it out.
Disn't barely read a word of that. I appreaciate the time and effort it took but cut the wording down.

Like here for example

" We have all these entertainers and athletes. Why aren't they pooling money or resources together for black businesses? They can provide the "seed money" that black entrepreneurs can go to jumpstart their businesses instead of dealing with banks. Can't we do our own version of Shark Tank? They have the connections and can get doors opened for people. For example, Tyler Perry uses his studio to allow up and coming black filmmakers to work on their craft. Malcolm X had the saying that only the black community will solve the black community's issues, but way too many of us have grown too intellectually lazy to put in that work needed to figure it out."

All you had to say here is "Why don't rich and successful black people help ?" No need for War and Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back