What policies should be implemented to address racism in the country?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said violent crime, bro. Not all crimes. Read the post before you call me a liar. Colored folks are committing the majority of murders and violent crime. Show me I'm wrong.
Black folks want to better thought of? They need to shape up and stop committing violent crimes.
You are a liar. Whites lead in violent crime. Every year. And when you lead in 28 out of 30 crime categories, you need to be concerned with how we think of you.

In 2020, Whites were 51 percent of the offenders for all crimes committed in America. A white offender committed Fifty-four percent of the crimes against persons.37 Whites committed most property crimes (42%) and crimes against society (65%).38 Seven out of every ten arrests for crimes in America is on someone white.

Federal Bureau of Investigation, Crime in the United States, Offenders by Race and Ethnicity, 2020, FBI Releases 2020 Incident-Based (NIBRS) Data | Federal Bureau of Investigation

Last edited:
Slavery ended in 1863. Whites then implemented other oppressive policies that were made illegal in 1965 but too many whites are not respecting those laws. So it's not only about slavery.
Still didn’t answer the question. Blacks keep talking about Slavery reparations. People of today are not responsible what happened before 1965 . Those in the US today who weren’t here prior to that time or family members who weren’t here are responsible? 😆 lol
Let some have it and others not ( those who came after 1965) and you will have the riots of 2020 all over again

Still didn’t answer the question. Blacks keep talking about Slavery reparations. People of today are not responsible what happened before 1965 . Those in the US today who weren’t here prior to that time or family members who weren’t here are responsible? 😆 lol
Let some have it and others not ( those who came after 1965) and you will have the riots of 2020 all over again
That excuse won't fly here. Blacks are talking about reparations, not slavery reparations. And whites today benefit from the compound interest on the wealth made by slaves. The excuses get old. You weren't here on July 4th, 1776, but you'll celebrate the fourth of July. People today benefit from what happened before 1965.

Furthemore:

Citygroup did a study focusing on U.S. GDP from 2000 until 2020. The study revealed huge losses in GDP due to continuing discrimination against blacks in business revenue, education, housing credit, and income. The study determined that since the year 2000, continuing discriminatory practices in the four areas mentioned in the prior sentence resulted in a loss of 16 trillion dollars in GDP.25 The breakdown is as follows:

“Closing the Black racial wage gap 20 years ago might have provided an additional $2.7 trillion in income available for consumption and investment.

Improving access to housing credit might have added an additional 770,000 Black homeowners over the last 20 years, with combined sales and expenditures adding another $218 billion to GDP over that time.

Facilitating increased access to higher education (college, graduate, and vocational schools) for Black students might have bolstered lifetime incomes that in aggregate sums to $90 to $113 billion.

Providing fair and equitable lending to Black entrepreneurs might have resulted in the creation of an additional $13 trillion in business revenue over the last 20 years. This could have been used for investments in labor, technology, capital equipment, and structures and 6.1 million jobs might have been created per year.”

At a minimum, reparations can be requested for money lost from 2000 until right now. If we only take lost income from racism starting in 2000, it equals $57,569 per black person in America based on the 2020 U.S. Census. Including all losses due to racial discrimination equals $277,185 per black person in America. This is money owed NOW for things done in OUR LIFETIMES.

The excuses have got to stop. You are responsible for fixing the damage consistent white racism has caused.

Here’s a map of Jim Crow states, and the laws of each.

My parents grew up in New York in the 30s and 40s. Their neighborhoods and schools were fully integrated.

FYI
1940s: The F.H.A. helped support the construction of Levittown, a suburb near New York City on the condition that no homes be sold to African Americans. Every home also had to have a clause in its deed prohibiting resale to black people.

1947: Stuyvesant Town (New York City) opened completely racially segregated. When black people sued, the N.Y. Supreme Court protected segregation and sided with the developer’s claim that the development was private—despite all the public money used to make it possible — and therefore entitled to discriminate as it sees fit.

Source:
Lots of deed covenants prohibited Jews, too. Blacks weren’t the only ones who suffered from discrimination in housing.

(I myself remember as a 12 year old, late 60s, going with my parents to look at new housing developments when the salesman proudly bragged to my dad - not knowing we were Jewish of course - that although they are no longer able to legally prohibit Jews, so far they’ve been able to hold it to 5 Jewish families and hoped it wouldn’t be more.

Turned out to be a very antisemitic neighborhood. The country club down the street didn’t allow Jews.

We didn’t buy there after that remark by the developer, btw.)

Last edited:
Lots of deed covenants prohibited Jews, too. Blacks weren’t the only ones who suffered from discrimination in housing.

(I myself remember as a 12 year old, late 60s, going with my parents to look at new housing developments when the salesman proudly bragged to my dad - not knowing we were Jewish of course - that although they are no longer able to legally prohibit Jews, so far they’ve been able to hold it to 5 Jewish families and hoped it wouldn’t be more.

Turned out to be a very antisemitic neighborhood. The country club down the street didn’t allow Jews.

Jews did not face what blacks have. Not when you can sit on your --- posting racist crap day in and day out. If you had faced the same thing you would not be doing this.

No one disputes the fact that other groups were impacted by restrictive covenants in various geographical locations, to varying degrees.

The example that I posted was solely in reference to New York, and took place after the time frame that you stated that neighborhoods and schools were fully integrated in that city.

You are a liar. Whites lead in violent crime. Every year. And when you lead in 28 out of 30 crime categories, you need to be concerned with how we think of you.

In 2020, Whites were 51 percent of the offenders for all crimes committed in America. A white offender committed Fifty-four percent of the crimes against persons.37 Whites committed most property crimes (42%) and crimes against society (65%).38 Seven out of every ten arrests for crimes in America is on someone white.

Federal Bureau of Investigation, Crime in the United States, Offenders by Race and Ethnicity, 2020, FBI Releases 2020 Incident-Based (NIBRS) Data | Federal Bureau of Investigation
Your words “In 2020 blacks led in arrests in 2 categories in the Uniform Crime Report, murder and robbery”. These are the worst violent crimes, especially murder.

The funny thing about this thread is that we already HAVE policies in place and those policies give black people every advantage in the world.

It is not the fault of other people that far too few black people take advantage of them.

The same recipe for success works today as has worked in the past - get an education, act in respectable ways, work hard, take responsibility and make good decisions
It is the very people who refuse to do any of those things who cry the loudest about imaginary racism when the only thing that actually held them back was their own attitude.

So, are you simply incapable of even comprehending the notion of per capita or are you being disingenuous quite intentionally?

That excuse won't fly here. Blacks are talking about reparations, not slavery reparations. And whites today benefit from the compound interest on the wealth made by slaves. The excuses get old. You weren't here on July 4th, 1776, but you'll celebrate the fourth of July. People today benefit from what happened before 1965.

Furthemore:

Citygroup did a study focusing on U.S. GDP from 2000 until 2020. The study revealed huge losses in GDP due to continuing discrimination against blacks in business revenue, education, housing credit, and income. The study determined that since the year 2000, continuing discriminatory practices in the four areas mentioned in the prior sentence resulted in a loss of 16 trillion dollars in GDP.25 The breakdown is as follows:

“Closing the Black racial wage gap 20 years ago might have provided an additional $2.7 trillion in income available for consumption and investment.

Improving access to housing credit might have added an additional 770,000 Black homeowners over the last 20 years, with combined sales and expenditures adding another $218 billion to GDP over that time.

Facilitating increased access to higher education (college, graduate, and vocational schools) for Black students might have bolstered lifetime incomes that in aggregate sums to $90 to $113 billion.

Providing fair and equitable lending to Black entrepreneurs might have resulted in the creation of an additional $13 trillion in business revenue over the last 20 years. This could have been used for investments in labor, technology, capital equipment, and structures and 6.1 million jobs might have been created per year.”

At a minimum, reparations can be requested for money lost from 2000 until right now. If we only take lost income from racism starting in 2000, it equals $57,569 per black person in America based on the 2020 U.S. Census. Including all losses due to racial discrimination equals $277,185 per black person in America. This is money owed NOW for things done in OUR LIFETIMES.

The excuses have got to stop. You are responsible for fixing the damage consistent white racism has

Furthemore:

The excuses have got to stop. You are responsible for fixing the damage consistent white racism has caused.

Nice try but when Reparations are mentioned it always comes back to one issue; Slavery. People today are not responsible for it. What do you say to those whose ancestors came AFTER 1865 or those immigrants whose families came in the early 20th Century or after?
How do you differentiate to those who " deserve" ( lol) it to those who came to the US at a much later date?? That would be the best way to start ANOTHER Civil War

Nice try but when Reparations are mentioned it always comes back to one issue; Slavery. People today are not responsible for it. What do you say to those whose ancestors came AFTER 1865 or those immigrants whose families came in the early 20th Century or after?
How do you differentiate to those who " deserve" ( lol) it to those who came to the US at a much later date?? That would be the best way to start ANOTHER Civil War
I think I know what blacks are discussing and you cherry picking an article doesn't mean anything.

Commission to Study and Develop Reparation Proposals for African-Americans Act

This bill establishes the Commission to Study and Develop Reparation Proposals for African-Americans. The commission shall examine slavery and discrimination in the colonies and the United States from 1619 to the present and recommend appropriate remedies. Among other requirements, the commission shall identify (1) the role of the federal and state governments in supporting the institution of slavery, (2) forms of discrimination in the public and private sectors against freed slaves and their descendants, and (3) lingering negative effects of slavery on living African-Americans and society.

Now I get tired of the excuses. The government pays native americans annually for things done when none of us were alive. And they will pay them until the end of days.

I think I know what blacks are discussing and you cherry picking an article doesn't mean anything.

This bill establishes the Commission to Study and Develop Reparation Proposals for African-Americans. The commission shall examine slavery and discrimination in the colonies and the United States from 1619 to the present and recommend appropriate remedies. Among other requirements, the commission shall identify (1) the role of the federal and state governments in supporting the institution of slavery, (2) forms of discrimination in the public and private sectors against freed slaves and their descendants, and (3) lingering negative effects of slavery on living African-Americans and society.

Now I get tired of the excuses. The government pays native americans annually for things done when none of us were alive. And they will pay them until the end of days.
First you claim it’s not just about Slavery yet the info you provide addresses just that,
Still can’t answer basic comments/ questions
People today are not responsible for the past
What do you say to those whose Families came here after 1865 it better yet the beginning of the 20th Century or relatively ( 1st, 2nd, 3rd generation? How do you distinguish between who “ deserves “
And who doesn’t? Does someone who willingly came from another Country deserve them? Want a Civil War? That will definitely create one ☝️

First you claim it’s not just about Slavery yet the info you provide addresses just that,
Still can’t answer basic comments/ questions
People today are not responsible for the past
What do you say to those whose Families came here after 1865 it better yet the beginning of the 20th Century or relatively ( 1st, 2nd, 3rd generation? How do you distinguish between who “ deserves “
And who doesn’t? Does someone who willingly came from another Country deserve them? Want a Civil War? That will definitely create one ☝️
The proposal befoe congress says this:

This bill establishes the Commission to Study and Develop Reparation Proposals for African-Americans.

The commission shall examine slavery and discrimination in the colonies and the United States from 1619 to the present

and recommend appropriate remedies. Among other requirements, the commission shall identify (1) the role of the federal and state governments in supporting the institution of slavery, (2) forms of discrimination in the public and private sectors against freed slaves and their descendants, and (3) lingering negative effects of slavery on living African-Americans and society.

Slaery AND DISCRIMIJATION.

Again, the government is paying native americans annually for things that happened before we were alive. Your excuse has no merit and the study is not only about slavery.

The proposal befoe congress says this:

This bill establishes the Commission to Study and Develop Reparation Proposals for African-Americans.

The commission shall examine slavery and discrimination in the colonies and the United States from 1619 to the present

and recommend appropriate remedies. Among other requirements, the commission shall identify (1) the role of the federal and state governments in supporting the institution of slavery, (2) forms of discrimination in the public and private sectors against freed slaves and their descendants, and (3) lingering negative effects of slavery on living African-Americans and society.

Slaery AND DISCRIMIJATION.

Again, the government is paying native americans annually for things that happened before we were alive. Your excuse has no merit and the study is not only about slavery.
YAWN…. Not addressing any of my comments, questions Let’s punish those for those whose ancestors had no part in it, for those who came here 1, 2, 3rd generation and give reparations to all blacks including those immigrants who came here starting with the early 20th Century up to present.
🥱👏

Antisemitism was and is certainly a problem, but your experience actually points out a key difference: they can’t tell that you are Jewish. For most black people it is obvious at first glance unless they are light skinned. Slight diversion here, but did you ever see a movie called “Passing”?

• Love
Reactions: IM2
YAWN…. Not addressing any of my comments, questions Let’s punish those for those whose ancestors had no part in it, for those who came here 1, 2, 3rd generation and give reparations to all blacks including those immigrants who came here starting with the early 20th Century up to present.
🥱👏
Your comments have been addressed.

Antisemitism was and is certainly a problem, but your experience actually points out a key difference: they can’t tell that you are Jewish. For most black people it is obvious at first glance unless they are light skinned. Slight diversion here, but did you ever see a movie called “Passing”?
How can a person complain about anti semitism while simultaneously being racist?

🥱👏
How is that any different than the reparations given to Jews after WW2? In that case, as well, it is not the original generation paying, but succeeding ones who weren’t even born when it happened. I used to be against the idea, but listening to people and reading made me rethink it. And, there are many people still alive who lived under Jim Crowe, it isn’t ancient history.

I think this article sums it up well.

In both the case of Germany and the US, reparations call on a nation divided—made up of citizens who mostly didn’t directly participate in the crime—to apologize and pay for it. In 1985, German president Richard von Weizsäcker made the case for intergenerational responsibility and solidarity in a powerful speech. “The vast majority of today’s population were either children then or had not been born,” he said. “But their forefathers have left them a grave legacy. All of us, whether guilty or not, whether old or young, must accept the past. We are all affected by its consequences and liable for it.”

…”There can be no atonement or material compensation for a crime of such immense and horrifying magnitude,” it read. But according to Judaism’s own religious and philosophical thought, “reparations are not punitive,” writes American rabbi Shmuly Yanklowitz, who makes the case for slavery reparations in Yes Magazine. “They’re restorative.”

• Love
Reactions: IM2
Your comments have been addressed.
YAWN……. No, they haven’t. Let the Gov’t tell immigrant’s of today they share the blame even of those who don’t have family ties to slavery or who may be immigrants themselves and there will be a Civil War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back