What "rights" does nature give us?

"Society" and "civilization" are two separate things.

Only in their spellings. Get a clue.

Civilized societies are merely the most evolved societies (large polities) yet. Forragers banded together to create hunter-gatherer groups, and BINGO!, humans are social animals. Whadaya know? (tip: fucking zip)

With all this talk about "natural" rights..I was wondering. What are they?

:eusa_eh:
Shallow would know what are those unalienable rights given to us by our Creator ...if s/he believed in our Creator...or our Constitution. But playing the moron atheist leaves Shallow...............shallow.

Shallow would know what are those unalienable rights given to us by our Creator ...if s/he believed in our Creator...or our Constitution. But playing the moron atheist leaves Shallow...............shallow.

This is a tough question for a primitive like this poster.

S/he thinks all people should think like S/he does.

So her/his head hurts.

:cool:

gov·ern·ment

/ˈgəvər(n)mənt/

Noun

1.The governing body of a nation, state, or community.
2.The system by which a nation, state, or community is governed.

Work with that.

plural so·ci·e·ties

Definition of SOCIETY

a : an enduring and cooperating social group whose members have developed organized patterns of relationships through interaction with one another

b : a community, nation, or broad grouping of people having common traditions, institutions, and collective activities and interests

See, the two things are not defined the same.

gov·ern·ment

/ˈgəvər(n)mənt/

Noun

1.The governing body of a nation, state, or community.
2.The system by which a nation, state, or community is governed.

Work with that.

plural so·ci·e·ties

Definition of SOCIETY

a : an enduring and cooperating social group whose members have developed organized patterns of relationships through interaction with one another

b : a community, nation, or broad grouping of people having common traditions, institutions, and collective activities and interests

Sioux Nation; a society or disparate forragers? Whadaya think?

:rolleyes:

Then governments are not necessary for a civilized society. Keep trollin', bud. And keep tackling the tough questions. :lmao:

Trolling what?

Governance is necessary to get a group of beings to act communally.

That's pretty basic.

And it can take many forms.

You do realize that we call it a government, and have described the behavior of the lion as a "pride" for a reason, right? That there are some pretty basic and glaring differences between these two things?

Actually, i really do not think you see a difference. That is why your group in this thread is claiming that man's assertion of natural rights is unnatural. Because man is apparently unnatural to you people.

Says a lot about the atheist statist, though. It explains a lot.

Civilized societies are merely the most evolved societies (large polities) yet. Forragers banded together to create hunter-gatherer groups, and BINGO!, humans are social animals. Whadaya know? (tip: fucking zip)

How does that prove "society" and "government" are synonyms? even a cursory examination of the issues shows they are two separate things.

Only the incredibly servile would claim they are the same.

How does that prove "society" and "government" are synonyms? even a cursory examination of the issues shows they are two separate things.

Societies have a hierarchy at the top of which is a GOVERNING BODY!!!!

Work with that.

plural so·ci·e·ties

Definition of SOCIETY

Sioux Nation; a society or disparate forragers? Whadaya think?

They were a society of hunter-gatherers. The term "nation" does not imply government.

So her/his head hurts.

Some of us don't think like morons. It is only a tough question for them (you).

"Your' Philosophy?

The only thing consistent with your philosophy, Fascist, that was part of the founding..was slavery. That and that women should not vote and white christians rule the roost.

Those things were changed.

It's not the same country anymore..which is why I showed you the way out.

Black folk aren't slaves, women can vote and anyone can be in power.

Your "leaving other people alone" crapola ceased when you folks attacked Iraq.

I did not personally attack Iraq, nor did I make the decision for someone else to attack Iraq. But how predictable that you should choose, just like every so-called liberal always does, to deflect to some bit of nonsense when you can't defend your point?

No one has said that the philosophy behind this country's founding was always implemented to perfection. But it is a philosophy which is timeless and presents the BEST course for human civilization. What's truly remarkable is the lengths you assholes will go to in order to create the tyranny you desire, that you're willing to throw away your own unalienable rights in order to subordinate the rights of other citizens. Your thirst to enslave your neighbor outweighs your own sense of self-preservation. You'd put your own children's heads in the yoke, so long as you could put your neighbor's kids there as well. It's insane.

I've defended my point, fine, fascist.

The folks you put into place, elected by you folks..don't ever leave people alone.

Never.

Again... you've got some gall to refer to anyone else as a "fascist", Fascist. I didn't vote for the asshat you people put in the White House, who has utilized the FORCE of government in order to make formerly free people purchase the insurance product of HIS choice, who has seized their medical records right down to their BMI so his fat wife can chastise people over their weight, who has forced citizens to violate their own religious conscience in direct violation of their First Amendment rights. And that's just scratching the surface.

I'm not the one who believes that we HAVE NO RIGHTS, save that which the political class determines and dictates. That would be YOU... fascist.

Not all societies do. The Sioux are a classic example.

:rolleyes:

Then governments are not necessary for a civilized society. Keep trollin', bud. And keep tackling the tough questions. :lmao:

Trolling what?

That's pretty basic.

You do realize that we call it a government, and have described the behavior of the lion as a "pride" for a reason, right? That there are some pretty basic and glaring differences between these two things?

Actually, i really do not think you see a difference. That is why your group in this thread is claiming that man's assertion of natural rights is unnatural. Because man is apparently unnatural to you people.

his moral relativism is showing...

Do you guys also believe in aliens too? Which is your favorite alien?

Yes, since in law it's a non citizen of a country. My favorite? Probably my girlfriend's brother, who visits frequently from Japan. Or maybe my neighber, Poonapan, who works at Microsoft on a H1B Visa.

Trolling what?

That's pretty basic.

his moral relativism is showing...

Could be. Or it could be that these types really are one dimensional in thought.

Not all societies do. The Sioux are a classic example.

Sitting Bull did more than hand out fatherly advice. No shit. Read a fucking book, or maybe more than the first coupla words of the wiki.

So her/his head hurts.

Some of us don't think like morons. It is only a tough question for them (you).

true. some don't think like morons. but you aren't one of those people.

Do you guys also believe in aliens too? Which is your favorite alien?

Yes, since in law it's a non citizen of a country. My favorite? Probably my girlfriend's brother, who visits frequently from Japan. Or maybe my neighber, Poonapan, who works at Microsoft on a H1B Visa.

Just here to answer the tough questions, I see.

If you ever asked a tough qurestion, I'd fucking fall out of my chair.

Forum List

Back