What "rights" does nature give us?

With all this talk about "natural" rights..I was wondering. What are they?

:eusa_eh:

Nature gives us no rights at all. Rights are societal constructs that are created to aid the survival of a society. Over the course of many thousands of generations we have found there are certain things that aid the survival of a society, chief among them being the ability of individuals to attain status within the society in accordance with their abilities. And, of equal importance, that all are held to the same rules.

The only thing that nature gives us for sure is the abilities inherant in the DNA we inherit from our parents. And malnutrition and accident can alter that, as education and a stable childhood can enhance it.

We fail to create a society that nurtures its citizens to the max, and a society that does that will soon supplant us as the leader.

So if society decides that homosexuals have no right to marry, then no injustice is done. Is that really what you meant to say?

Justice and injustice are also societal constructs. Neccessary ones. In nature, there is neither justice nor injustice. You feed or you die. You procreate, or your species goes extinct.

I did not personally attack Iraq, nor did I make the decision for someone else to attack Iraq. But how predictable that you should choose, just like every so-called liberal always does, to deflect to some bit of nonsense when you can't defend your point?

No one has said that the philosophy behind this country's founding was always implemented to perfection. But it is a philosophy which is timeless and presents the BEST course for human civilization. What's truly remarkable is the lengths you assholes will go to in order to create the tyranny you desire, that you're willing to throw away your own unalienable rights in order to subordinate the rights of other citizens. Your thirst to enslave your neighbor outweighs your own sense of self-preservation. You'd put your own children's heads in the yoke, so long as you could put your neighbor's kids there as well. It's insane.

I've defended my point, fine, fascist.

The folks you put into place, elected by you folks..don't ever leave people alone.

Never.

Again... you've got some gall to refer to anyone else as a "fascist", Fascist. I didn't vote for the asshat you people put in the White House, who has utilized the FORCE of government in order to make formerly free people purchase the insurance product of HIS choice, who has seized their medical records right down to their BMI so his fat wife can chastise people over their weight, who has forced citizens to violate their own religious conscience in direct violation of their First Amendment rights. And that's just scratching the surface.

I'm not the one who believes that we HAVE NO RIGHTS, save that which the political class determines and dictates. That would be YOU... fascist.

Gall?

Gall to call a fascist a fascist?

Naw.

You're a fascist.

Deal.

:cool:

You should be asking the OP what's up with the idiotic question. But then we'd also have to take a look at those idiotic responses.

Such as a pride of lions being a governing body. :lmao:

Or that man is unnatural to the Earth....

Fucking degeneerates.

Nature gives us no rights at all. Rights are societal constructs that are created to aid the survival of a society. Over the course of many thousands of generations we have found there are certain things that aid the survival of a society, chief among them being the ability of individuals to attain status within the society in accordance with their abilities. And, of equal importance, that all are held to the same rules.

The only thing that nature gives us for sure is the abilities inherant in the DNA we inherit from our parents. And malnutrition and accident can alter that, as education and a stable childhood can enhance it.

We fail to create a society that nurtures its citizens to the max, and a society that does that will soon supplant us as the leader.

So if society decides that homosexuals have no right to marry, then no injustice is done. Is that really what you meant to say?

Justice and injustice are also societal constructs. Neccessary ones. In nature, there is neither justice nor injustice. You feed or you die. You procreate, or your species goes extinct.

Man..

That's going to be hard for conservatives to fathom.

Seriously.

You do realize that we call it a government, and have described the behavior of the lion as a "pride" for a reason, right? That there are some pretty basic and glaring differences between these two things?

Actually, i really do not think you see a difference. That is why your group in this thread is claiming that man's assertion of natural rights is unnatural. Because man is apparently unnatural to you people.

Says a lot about the atheist statist, though. It explains a lot.

his moral relativism is showing...

Could be. Or it could be that these types really are one dimensional in thought.

You talk about "one dimensional thought" and only ascribe the ability to govern or have governing bodies to one species on the planet.

How can anyone take you folks seriously?

In other words, no injustice is done if society decides that homosexuals do not have the right to marry?

Man..

That's going to be hard for conservatives to fathom.

Seriously.

Idiocy is always hard for conservatives to fathom.

In other words, no injustice is done if society decides that homosexuals do not have the right to marry?

That would indeed be other words, not to mention a meaning that's exactly fucking opposite of what you quoted.

Societies have a hierarchy at the top of which is a GOVERNING BODY!!!!

Not all societies do. The Sioux are a classic example.

Sitting Bull did more than hand out fatherly advice. No shit. Read a fucking book, or maybe more than the first coupla words of the wiki.

Sitting Bull had no power to force any member of his tribe to do anything. His advice wasn't "fatherly." It was the advice of a general.

Sadly, swallow has the right to consume valuable oxygen.

And you keep trying to consume my jiz, SniperFag, by your incessant whines to swallow my shlong.No dice.

I thought you were pro-fag, now you are attacking him for being a fag? Typical liberal idiot.

I ain't "pro-fag". Given a choice..I want nothing to do with them.

I am tolerant of fags.

Big difference.

That would indeed be other words, not to mention a meaning that's exactly fucking opposite of what you quoted.

I'm not sure I follow. Just answer this question:

Is any injustice done if society decides not to allow homosexuals to marry?

Not all societies do. The Sioux are a classic example.

Sitting Bull did more than hand out fatherly advice. No shit. Read a fucking book, or maybe more than the first coupla words of the wiki.

Sitting Bull had no power to force any member of his tribe to do anything. His advice wasn't "fatherly." It was the advice of a general.

Ah..so you've met Sitting Bull?

In that case..you've lived with Indian Tribes? Done research?

Then allow me to remove all doubt. You're not following.

his moral relativism is showing...

Could be. Or it could be that these types really are one dimensional in thought.

You talk about "one dimensional thought" and only ascribe the ability to govern or have governing bodies to one species on the planet.

How can anyone take you folks seriously?

of course there are animal groups that follow pack rules....do you think we should let them into the UN...? :lol:

Then allow me to remove all doubt. You're not following.

This is the basic tenet of conservatives.

Kitchen sink rules.

Or deflect and insult.

Anything else is much too hard.

Forum List

Back