What Series Are You Watching?

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
Post whatever series you're watching currently and any critique, rating, recommendation, etc.
Also reccommended you post the platform you're watching it on to be helpful.

We just finished watching "Bloodlines" on Netflix. It started out good, but jumped the shark very early on.

Nightman, Warehouse 13, and Psych.

Finished the Real McCoys last week

'Magi - the Tensho Boy's Embassy'.

A Japanese-made historical drama about four Japanese boys, enrolled in Jesuit seminary in Japan travelling to Rome and back in 1582.

The first Japanese to make the journey and return to Japan.

Last edited:
'Lodge 49'. The show is really chill and really great. I hesitated to watch it sooner because I was worried the story would be too slow and uneventful even though I liked what I had seen in the bits of shows I had seen following 'Better Call Saul'. I'm into Season 2 on Hulu. Unfortunately, there wasn't a lot of demand to get a Season 3. I'm hoping someone somewhere will pick it up in the near future.

Just finished season 1 of Westworld, and found it an interesting take on the 1970's Yul Brenner movie. Didn't realize Anthony Hopkins was a primary character.

I think we are season 5 of The Expanse, a sci fi set several hundred years ahead, when humans occupy the Asteroid Belt and Mars is independent and on the verge of war with Earth, which is run by the UN. Very realistic about space travel and also political.

Waiting on the next season of Yellowstone. Love that series and Kevin Costner as the corrupt wealthy land owner.

'Lodge 49'. The show is really chill and really great. I hesitated to watch it sooner because I was worried the story would be too slow and uneventful even though I liked what I had seen in the bits of shows I had seen following 'Better Call Saul'. I'm into Season 2 on Hulu. Unfortunately, there wasn't a lot of demand to get a Season 3. I'm hoping someone somewhere will pick it up in the near future.
The only time that I ever tuned in for that show was when actor Bronson Pinchot was shown, I love him so much.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. Blue Bloods, Young Sheldon, and Last Man Standing are the only shows still in production that I care to watch these days.

Post whatever series you're watching currently and any critique, rating, recommendation, etc.
X-Files Almost through season 8

Fascinating show on two levels

Seasons 1-6 they spend lots of effort on "Conspiracy Theories" and much of the plots and dialogs could be lifted from today's news.

AND

I'm also a fan of the "Stargate Universe" and while watching X-files i kept seeing character from the various Stargate shows. Found out both X-Files and the Stargate shows were filmed at the same studio in Toronto. After a while finding Stargate actors became sort of a drinking game for me.

Loved Lodge 49. I think the producers should do what Super Troopers 2 did and just raise the money direct from the people (gofundme, auctions, etc.) and then produce the next season.

X-Files Almost through season 8

Fascinating show on two levels

Seasons 1-6 they spend lots of effort on "Conspiracy Theories" and much of the plots and dialogs could be lifted from today's news.

AND

I'm also a fan of the "Stargate Universe" and while watching X-files i kept seeing character from the various Stargate shows. Found out both X-Files and the Stargate shows were filmed at the same studio in Toronto. After a while finding Stargate actors became sort of a drinking game for me.

Yea, I'm watching X-Files too. My original viewing before on demand and streaming was sporadic and I really never got finality there; so, I decided renew my interest. But it's heavy viewing and so I take breaks and watch other shows. I'm only half way through Season 2.

Same goes for Vikings. I was about halfway through it when I got busy and started missing episodes. So I started re-watching and am in Season 3. That show is apparently still going.

Watched a Hulu movie and afterwards it auto played 'Dollface'. It has an intriguing opening and stars the brunette from 'Two Broke Girls'. I watched Season 1; it was pretty good. I especially recommend it for the ladies, who I think are more of the target audience. But I'd give it about an 8/10. I take a point off for some of the insufferable Hollywood messaging. I'll give you a for instance; they try to marginalize so-called Truthers. I'll resist giving any further commentary on that point; we have a political forum for that.

But yea, I'd recommend 'Dollface' for the women and 'Lodge 49' for the men. Both are good. I personally like Lodge 49 especially. Really hope they figure out a way to resurrect that show; but I really doubt it will happen.

And circling back to 'Two Broke Girls' I'm actually halfway through Season 1 of that. My understanding is that it was abruptly canceled; so I worry it'll be a show without closure by the time I finish Season 6; but it's a fun show all the same.

And circling back to 'Two Broke Girls' I'm actually halfway through Season 1 of that.

The best way to watch Two Broke Girls is with the sound muted.

It's a good show; but it was losing steam in Season 3, so I took a break. Will finish it though. Same thing for 'Parks And Rec.' I stopped watching in Season 3 but went back for a couple episodes the other day.

Just finished The Americans.

One of the best.

I remember hearing about it back in the day; but I can't think of what it is now.

I'm reminded of how I watched Season 1 of 'Temple' though. Season 2 only in production. Fantastic show. I banged that out in three days.

Don't watch TV.

I only turn it on for those rare moment for Crime Investigation.
That's an interesting series in my opinion.,,it's real crime.

Forum List

Back